Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Looking for a club

Go down 
+13
mareseatoats
SeeTheStars
Ogie
overthebar
fatherted
gerry123
Dual
centreback
losthope
littleSam
kelf
lilywhites on tour
ballygal
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ballygal
Junior C
Junior C

Looking for a club - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking for a club   Looking for a club - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 9:48 am

Good God I stirred up some hornets nest here, is it always this passionate ??

Back to top Go down
mareseatoats
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a club   Looking for a club - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 11:27 am

ballygal i am intrigued by your user name and the fact you have just joined Ballykelly, strange or what? or maybe your previous club was a bally something you might enlighten me. Passion is not a word i would use to describe some of these posts. It didnt take you long to decide to join up with Ballykelly just wondering what favoured them over other clubs in the parish, anyhow good luck in your new club.

gerry123 players come and go i wouldnt put too much seem in transfers but i am looking forward in seeing how you progress.
Back to top Go down
gerry123
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a club   Looking for a club - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 8:52 pm

Seethestars the problem is not with the rules, there are quiet simply too many clubs in each parish. There should only be one, or possibly two clubs in Monastervin parish-the parish team. Same goes for Athy parish and a lot of other parishes in the county.
This would lead to an increase in standards as each parish team could field a number of teams in each competition. Imagine in Monasterevin if you had Ballykelly, Ellistown, Kildangan Nurney, and Monasterevin playing for one club.
Same goes for Athy, where you would have Athy, Grange Castlemitchell and Rheban all playing for Athy parish.
Na Fianna, who represent Allen parish have the right idea.
I suspect my idea might be too radical for some of the people here, however it would lead to a far more competitive league and championship.
The GAA was founded on the parish boundary and should remain so.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a club   Looking for a club - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 9:20 pm

Good to see your desire to do what's right for ladies football gerry (dunno where the basketball comes into it but well done on that too), but I am a bit bemused by the fact that you would champion the cause of a new club then within a parish? I myself think it's great that there's such an interest that there are new clubs and the demand for them, but given your stated belief they should all be under the one banner... well, Monasterevin has only had one ladies football club for the last decade and more, so why become involved in a second one? It flies in the face of your ambition.

Of course the parish rule is a thorny issue - and gerry, I'm sure you're aware that people use it as it suits them. And if it doesn't suit them, they find ways around it to go to another club.

Welcome to the county ballygal, you're suitably named anyway if you chose Ballykelly. Football is all about the passion and I hope you enjoy it and have plenty of success.

My God this thread has brought out a lot of new posters all the same. Great to have such interest in ladies football. I don't get to see many games anymore but will try to change that in the coming year.
Back to top Go down
mareseatoats
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a club   Looking for a club - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 9:45 pm

Gerry123 if all those clubs were under the one banner you would have the cream of the crop or your dream team or what ever way you want to phrase it, but what about all the other players? In your earlier post you are saying how well Monasterevan are doing and it was the only way to go, surly you are not loosing interest already?
Back to top Go down
Dual
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a club   Looking for a club - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 9:50 pm

kelf wrote:
Camogie, Mens football and hurling dispensed with this rule years ago.

No they did not, its just ignored in Kildare GAA, leaving many teams open to question if opponents so desired but its in the GAA Rule Book hence recent trouble in Kerry !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nope your wrong Camogie your home club is the 1st club you legally played in competition with, all U12's is Go Games so U13's would be the 1st competition - you can register with any club, parish rule was removed. IF you want to transfer it may be refused because you are not resident within the area of the club but it may not be - locality is not defined as the parish
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a club   Looking for a club - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 11:53 pm

Dual

I responded that "they" did not remove the Parish Rule but made not comment on Camogie. I dont even know if Camogie ever had such a Rule.

I commented on Kildare GAA ignoring the Rule Book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have never even seen a Camogie Rule Book !!!!!!

I am aware of the definition of "Home Club" in Ladies Football (Rule 122 Official Guide 2009) and GAA, which is very similar to what you quote from Camogie. It effected me , back in the day, when living in Dublin and having been born in Dublin, I was playing legally for my "Home Club" in Offaly and even for Offaly under the "Declaration" rule !!!!!!

Back to top Go down
SeeTheStars
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a club   Looking for a club - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 1:38 am

Kildare GAA don't ignore the rule book. The Rules say that each county board must pass a by law regarding criteria for transfers. Kildare have done that and are perfectly within their rights to do that. They have disregarded the parish rule, which they are allowed do on the basis of the by law.
What generally happens in mens football n Kildare is that if a club refuses a transfer, and they can prove that there is a team at the level that the person wants to play at, the transfer will be rejected. However if a club doesn't have a team the transfer will be passed.
This is fine according to the by-law.
The proposed rule change for the ladies is:

130. (122) A Home Club means:
(a) The Club in a player‘s Club Catchment Area as defined hereunder, or
(b) The Club in the Club Catchment Area in which a player resides, or
(c ) The First Club with which she legally played in an Officially recognised Club Competition.
A Club Catchment Area shall comprise the list of townlands of which the district under the jurisdiction of a Parish Priest or Administrator consisted in 2000 and from which the Club was entitled to draw its players. A list of such town lands shall be ascertained and recorded for each Club for the purpose of determining each Club boundary and the limit of the Club Catchment Area. For the purpose of these Rules a Club Catchment Area shall be known as CCA.
A CCA, for the purpose of this rule, shall be subject to county boundaries. However, where a CCA overlaps a county or counties, the club or clubs concerned have the option of playing within either county. The players concerned may play county football for either county subject to transfer regulations.
CCA’s shall not apply within cities or towns. However players residing in cities and towns must play with a club within the city or town unless exempt under rules 128 to 132.

Compare this with Camogie, where a home club is the first club a player played with. Which would you prefer. We should forget about parishes, parish priests etc. It has no place in sport.

Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a club   Looking for a club - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 6:07 am

The First Club with which she legally played in an Officially recognised Club Competition

Is very similar to Camogie whos use the term "locality" ( had a look at their website!!!) where LF & GAA used "Parish"

I understand that the word Parish is now a bad word as its mostly associated with a particular Church.

However the word also has a meaning in Irish Law ( and I suspect in UK & USA Law).

I once tried to circumvent the GAA Parish Rule by pointing out that a player, seeking a transfer, lived in a particular Civil Parish that did not have a GAA Club but KIldare GAA upheld the Parish Rule in that instance while, as Dual & See the Stars point out they dont always uphold it !!!!! So the Bye Laws work when it suits
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a club   Looking for a club - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 8:06 am

The transfer case down in Kerry a few months back went to the high court, the ruling was that citizens of the state under our constitution could not be denied their right of association. This was sent back to Kerry where club delegates vote to uphold their original decision to refuse the transfers under the parish rule. Now that would seem to be contempt of court issue but under another rule, wouldn't be sure of the reference number but would be sure Kelf would know, it states that by becoming a member of the Gaa you agree to abide by its rules even if you have never read them, its assumed you did, and another that states you are not allowed to bring issues to the courts, and if you do and win your case they are not obliged to accept the courts decision if it contravenes the rule book, catch 22. So the only way an ordinary club member can get a rule change is through the Club Agm, County Convention and then National Congress. Good luck with that one and I'm speaking form experience here

Kelf is correct, the word parish is enshrined in Irish law and if that was overturned some other boundary would be used, so all you would be doing is moving the goals posts.
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a club   Looking for a club - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 8:37 am

Gerry123 have just noticed your post, radical idea all right but your timing is near perfect, all 4 clubs in the Monasterevin Parish will hold their Agm's over the next few weeks, put your proposal to each in turn and see what will happen, my guess is that members of Monasterevin, over 100 years on the go, Ballykelly 60 years, Nurney 50 years and Kildangan 11 years reformed, will not vote themselves out of existence. Or you can go the ladies route, Ballykelly 17years Kildangan/Nurney 6 Years, Monasterevin 2 years, I'd safely say the vote would be the same..

Now's the time to have a shot

PS

I wouldn't hold Na Fianna as an example, Ballykelly on their own surpassed them a while back and no disrespect to them is intended.
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a club   Looking for a club - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 11:26 am

Ballyboy

Having come from a parish with 3 clubs I understand local rivalry.

We seem to have gone a long way off the subject. A young lady who wants to play football.

Time to adjourn !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
nomorethefool
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a club   Looking for a club - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 11:00 am

the player in question from what i have read has clearly made her choice and may i say,from what i know about ladies football in the monasterevin parish,she has made a bloody good choice,im sure she will have many a happy and fulfilled yrs with her new club. it is clear in this case that the "GERRYmandering" most certainly didnt work!!!!
Back to top Go down
Breakingball
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a club   Looking for a club - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 3:46 am

Best of luck to Ballygirl at her new club
Back to top Go down
stevejhonson
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a club   Looking for a club - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 5:37 pm

there are many football clubs kidara town , actually my wife has recently joined a football team there , you can easily find a football team or club there there,,
Back to top Go down
BarrowHermoine
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a club   Looking for a club - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2014 2:09 am

Sur why not join the poachers. 11 of their 15 are from surrouding clubs. They may aswell take another one.
Thankfully Sarsfields will humiliate them again
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a club   Looking for a club - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looking for a club
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2