Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Newbridge Capacity next Sunday.

Go down 
+16
Sam1928
Eddie O'C
Could'nt Trap Cement
kelf
carburyman
Ohtoohtobe
walsheman
Fear An Geata
kickingking
lilywhites on tour
jj
Ogie
hawker
Big Full Back
Taibi
Rex
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

Newbridge Capacity next Sunday. Empty
PostSubject: Newbridge Capacity next Sunday.   Newbridge Capacity next Sunday. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 6:03 am

Does anyone have the definitive answer as I don't want to be strolling up at 1:50pm next Sunday only to find the gates locked because this would make me lets say, unhappy.
With a very good crowd there today and next week Dublin playing what's the capacity situation. There will be more than 4,000 there next Sunday. Could this be the first ever all ticket O'Byrne cup game? or is the capacity issue flexible as in "nudge nudge wink wink we'll only let 4,000 in but it could be 7,000"

Which ever way it goes 4,000 next week will be surpassed if a blind eye is turned. It will be interesting to see what occurs as I'm sure what ever capacity is decreed for a Championship game will also apply to all other games.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Newbridge Capacity next Sunday.   Newbridge Capacity next Sunday. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 6:11 am

As far as I'm aware the reduction of capacity only applies to Championship games.

Gone are the days when 15,000 crammed into St. Conleths, alas qualifier v Donegal in 2001.
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: Newbridge Capacity next Sunday.   Newbridge Capacity next Sunday. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 6:31 am

Think it's only Championship fixtures that are effected... Look at the County Final, there was 6,000 + there...
Back to top Go down
hawker
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Newbridge Capacity next Sunday.   Newbridge Capacity next Sunday. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 6:33 am

While I'm sure most people want to go but TG4 have an O'Byrne cup semi final on live next Sunday. Presume it'll be the Kildare/Dublin one.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Newbridge Capacity next Sunday.   Newbridge Capacity next Sunday. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 6:39 am

While I'm glad it only seems for Championship, does it not seem a bit "Irish" that it covers games in one competition but not in another. Surely the chances of a problem occurring are equal in either.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Newbridge Capacity next Sunday.   Newbridge Capacity next Sunday. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 7:07 am

Rex wrote:
While I'm glad it only seems for Championship, does it not seem a bit "Irish" that it covers games in one competition but not in another. Surely the chances of a problem occurring are equal in either.

You are spot on there Rex
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: Newbridge Capacity next Sunday.   Newbridge Capacity next Sunday. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 7:08 am

Rex wrote:

Agree 100%. Would sum up how fu**ed up this country has gone. Maybe they think people will be fatter in summer and therefore less will fit in safely .... ridiculous
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Newbridge Capacity next Sunday.   Newbridge Capacity next Sunday. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 7:14 am

Ridiculous it is but in fairness it doesn't just apply to the GAA, look at any Irish soccer teams that play in Europe, they have to have temporary seating put in or close off terraces entirely, yet this doesn't apply to Airtricity League games.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Newbridge Capacity next Sunday.   Newbridge Capacity next Sunday. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 7:29 am

Taibi wrote:
Ridiculous it is but in fairness it doesn't just apply to the GAA, look at any Irish soccer teams that play in Europe, they have to have temporary seating put in or close off terraces entirely, yet this doesn't apply to Airtricity League games.

Possibly because stands are empty for Airtricity games anyways.

Wonder what kind of crowd will be there next Sunday.

Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Newbridge Capacity next Sunday.   Newbridge Capacity next Sunday. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 7:40 am

fionnmccool wrote:
Taibi wrote:
That's not the point though, if fans wanted to stand in a terrace for an Airtricity League game they would be allowed but not for a Europeon game.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Newbridge Capacity next Sunday.   Newbridge Capacity next Sunday. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 7:44 am

Taibi wrote:
fionnmccool wrote:
Taibi wrote:
That's not the point though, if fans wanted to stand in a terrace for an Airtricity League game they would be allowed but not for a Europeon game.

It's different ruling bodies though... FAI and UEFA... this is the one ruling body, the GAA
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Newbridge Capacity next Sunday.   Newbridge Capacity next Sunday. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 7:53 am

Ogie wrote:
Taibi wrote:
fionnmccool wrote:
Taibi wrote:

It's different ruling bodies though... FAI and UEFA... this is the one ruling body, the GAA

Well you could argue that the Kildare CB and the GAA are seperate entities like the FAI and UEFA, but they are both part funded by the GAA and UEFA.

Whats worse is the GAA allow terraces to be used in the winter time when they are at there most dangerous with, ice, snow, etc yet they close them in the summer.

Either way I think we can all agree it's a farcical situation that does nothing for GAA fans.

Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: Newbridge Capacity next Sunday.   Newbridge Capacity next Sunday. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 7:55 am

At least we have nice facilities in Conleths .............
Back to top Go down
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star
lilywhites on tour

PostSubject: Re: Newbridge Capacity next Sunday.   Newbridge Capacity next Sunday. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 7:56 am

I hope the place is Full, that would be a nice atmosphere in our home patch!
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Newbridge Capacity next Sunday.   Newbridge Capacity next Sunday. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 8:02 am

The cynic in me thinks it's all down to money. If Kildare get drawn at home in the championship they'll have to move it to Portlaoise or Tullamore where there'll inevitably be a bigger crowd and hence more €s for the GAA coffers.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Newbridge Capacity next Sunday.   Newbridge Capacity next Sunday. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 10:30 pm

After a few scurrilous rumours about the game being switched away from Newbridge, it has been confirmed that it will go ahead.

From reading different sources capacity is apparently is just under 7,000 and this will not be all ticket.

Better get their early to get your usual spot.
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Newbridge Capacity next Sunday.   Newbridge Capacity next Sunday. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 11:04 pm

Email from Co. Board this morning says that at this point Leinster Council have decided not to make it an all ticket game. However for Health and Safety guidelines to be implemented and to allow them to police and control all aspects of the game they require all clubs to insure that at least three club members are in St Conleth's next Sunday to help steward the grounds.

Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Newbridge Capacity next Sunday.   Newbridge Capacity next Sunday. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 2:45 am

will there even be 7,000....i hope there is but id be more thinking 4,000 max
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Newbridge Capacity next Sunday.   Newbridge Capacity next Sunday. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 2:51 am

I would have thought 7,000 would be the absolute minimum that would want to go to this
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Newbridge Capacity next Sunday.   Newbridge Capacity next Sunday. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 3:58 am

well 6,000-ish is the most that is allowed in
Back to top Go down
carburyman
All-Star
All-Star
carburyman

PostSubject: Re: Newbridge Capacity next Sunday.   Newbridge Capacity next Sunday. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 8:54 pm

Better head there early so,few pints in swifts before hand,a kildare win,head back to swifts to watch Arsenal,super sunday or what!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Newbridge Capacity next Sunday.   Newbridge Capacity next Sunday. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 1:40 am

i see it says today in todays star that they expect 3000 kildare fans and 1000 dublin fans so making it all ticket is not an option!!!
guess myself was 4000,but alot people talking bout it so alot more cud be there,parking will be a disaster....be careful,heard few were clamped last week so dont take chances,get there early
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Newbridge Capacity next Sunday.   Newbridge Capacity next Sunday. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 2:16 am

Now that it's on TV there may not be as much pressure in terms of capacity
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: Newbridge Capacity next Sunday.   Newbridge Capacity next Sunday. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 2:26 am

ManBearPig wrote:
i see it says today in todays star that they expect 3000 kildare fans and 1000 dublin fans so making it all ticket is not an option!!!
guess myself was 4000,but alot people talking bout it so alot more cud be there,parking will be a disaster....be careful,heard few were clamped last week so dont take chances,get there early

Where were they doing the clamping??
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Newbridge Capacity next Sunday.   Newbridge Capacity next Sunday. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 5:51 am

KFM had a discussion on the clamping but all I picked up wasa it was on private property, not the street.

There was loads of space in the Patricians

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newbridge Capacity next Sunday.   Newbridge Capacity next Sunday. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Newbridge Capacity next Sunday.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next