Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare Players meets young fans in Newbridge

Go down 
+2
Rex
sam10
6 posters
AuthorMessage
sam10
Junior A
Junior A
sam10

Kildare Players meets young fans in Newbridge Empty
PostSubject: Kildare Players meets young fans in Newbridge   Kildare Players meets young fans in Newbridge Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 8:03 am

Just back from a fantastic night in Newbridge, brought my children to meet the Kildare players, they had a ball. I would like to thank Club Kildare, the players and all involved for organising such a successful night. We were given an autograph book with photo's of each player and all players signed their autographs and stood in photos with all the children. The children were in their element, (as well as parents!!), it is great for the kids to see their hero's, and there was sweets and minerals available for them also. Thrill to bits... fingers crossed for Sunday week. Come on the lilies!!!
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Players meets young fans in Newbridge   Kildare Players meets young fans in Newbridge Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 8:11 am

Sounds great, well done to all involved. As I am in work tonight I could not make it and I am now regretting not getting some time off. I'm sure I could have borrowed a kid from somewhere.

Again well done to everyone who organised this, it is great to see the next generation enjoying an event like this and being able to meet their heroes.

Was there many there Sam10.

Back to top Go down
koko39
Senior
Senior
koko39

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Players meets young fans in Newbridge   Kildare Players meets young fans in Newbridge Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 8:12 am

Was there too Sam10 and I have to say they're a great bunch of lads. Signing jerseys and books. I was like a kid myself. Got my jersey signed and don't think I'll ever wear it again!!
I echo your thanks to all the organisers and Club Kildare for a terrific evening. We can be very quick to knock things in Ireland but this was well organised and worth it. THis bunch of players derserve success.
Come on Kildare.
Back to top Go down
sam10
Junior A
Junior A
sam10

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Players meets young fans in Newbridge   Kildare Players meets young fans in Newbridge Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 8:24 am

Have to say there was a good crowd, Club Kildare organised it so well that the kids got to meet all the players and weren't rushed, Kieran McGeeney was there to sign and pose for photos also. I would have to agree with you KoKo39, that they are a great bunch of lads, and really do deserve success.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Players meets young fans in Newbridge   Kildare Players meets young fans in Newbridge Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 8:25 am

Great stuff thanks.
Back to top Go down
koko39
Senior
Senior
koko39

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Players meets young fans in Newbridge   Kildare Players meets young fans in Newbridge Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 8:40 am

It was great JME. You ahould definitel go to the next one!
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Players meets young fans in Newbridge   Kildare Players meets young fans in Newbridge Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 8:44 am

Lets hope there is a serious celebration event in the future koko. Work or no work I'll not be missing that one.
Back to top Go down
koko39
Senior
Senior
koko39

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Players meets young fans in Newbridge   Kildare Players meets young fans in Newbridge Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 8:46 am

ha i'd say the entire county will miss work that day!!
Back to top Go down
right half forward
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Players meets young fans in Newbridge   Kildare Players meets young fans in Newbridge Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 5:38 pm

Great night in Newbridge for all the family. We were all very impressed with how polite and relaxed the team & management were with the children. They had no problem in signing autographs & chatting to the children. Well done Club Kildare & well done to Kieran and the team. You are a credit to the county.
Cill Dara Abu
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Players meets young fans in Newbridge   Kildare Players meets young fans in Newbridge Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 6:46 pm

Excellant eevent for sure.

Great for the Kids and for us to get at how the team is shaping up too with a seriously intense session after the formalities were over.

Everybody trained bar an absent Dermot Earley. Was very impressed with the focus and intensity. I had been to a few sessions during the qualifer run which were quite tame by comparision (which of course is to be expected) to last night. These boys put in such a hugh effort they deserve to reap the rewards they are seeing now.

I must say two guys that stood out for me were David Whyte and Ollie Lyons. It is obvious that Geezers sees something in D. Whyte as he was a regular in the League and if he trains every night as he did last night every night - its easy to see why Geezer picked him so regularly. It took Kav/Conway/Flynn (and the likes) a good 2-3 to years with the senior setup to start showing their true ability - and I believe David Whyte will shine over the next few years especially if he keeps his obvious application and determination.
Ollie Lyons stood out too me as well - don't think it will be too long before we see this guy as a regular starter for the seniors - had some very impressive displays for the Juniors this year too.

May not be be fair to single out these from a bunch of 30-40 but they just caught my eye last night, but in fairness all panel members that trained last night put in a serious shift (and more than likely do everytime they train).

Couple of other points -
Killian Brennan, although will probably never be considered for selection again, is one seriously fit man.
Great to see the two minors Dowling & Moolick training with the big boys and not ever once looking out of place.

The futures Bright, the futures White Wink
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Players meets young fans in Newbridge   Kildare Players meets young fans in Newbridge Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 11:54 pm

fair play,very good thing to organise
Back to top Go down
koko39
Senior
Senior
koko39

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Players meets young fans in Newbridge   Kildare Players meets young fans in Newbridge Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 8:29 am

Got a jersey signed . definitely know geezer signed it but can't find his name. Does he sign in irish?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Players meets young fans in Newbridge   Kildare Players meets young fans in Newbridge Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare Players meets young fans in Newbridge
Page 1 of 1