Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Game 1 in the Bord Gais Energy NFL Division 1

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

Game 1 in the Bord Gais Energy NFL Division 1 Empty
PostSubject: Game 1 in the Bord Gais Energy NFL Division 1   Game 1 in the Bord Gais Energy NFL Division 1 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 12:49 pm

Sunday 5th February 2012
Bord Gais Energy NFL Division 1

Kildare v Dublin

Venue: Ballykelly
Time: 2 00 PM
Referee: Pat Kehoe

With the lads playing on Saturday fans have the opportunity to support the Ladies on Sunday.

Dublin will be difficult.

Good luck to the Ladies & Joe
Back to top Go down
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star
lilywhites on tour

PostSubject: Re: Game 1 in the Bord Gais Energy NFL Division 1   Game 1 in the Bord Gais Energy NFL Division 1 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 10:11 pm

Best of luck! I'lll be there to cheer ye on. Tough game but hopefully we can win, we need to beat dublin even in this early stage, to lay down a marker, for the championship. Also for a nice few early points on the board.
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Game 1 in the Bord Gais Energy NFL Division 1   Game 1 in the Bord Gais Energy NFL Division 1 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 4:41 pm

Looking forward to seeing the game, with some of the more prominent names now absent I will be a big test.
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Game 1 in the Bord Gais Energy NFL Division 1   Game 1 in the Bord Gais Energy NFL Division 1 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 2:42 pm

Heavy defeat yesterday, a lot of young players on display, its going to be a tough season for them, but saying that you have to learn your trade somewhere so it might as well be Div 1
Back to top Go down
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star
lilywhites on tour

PostSubject: Re: Game 1 in the Bord Gais Energy NFL Division 1   Game 1 in the Bord Gais Energy NFL Division 1 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 10:22 pm

yeah bad oul loss. Good to see the Likes of Eimear Fogarty popping up for a point or two. Good promising player although young for the senior setup.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Game 1 in the Bord Gais Energy NFL Division 1   Game 1 in the Bord Gais Energy NFL Division 1 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 4:12 pm

I don't think it was any real surprise. I'm glad to hear he's bringing in youngsters. That's the way to go. Take the pain, build discipline, build character. That means tough days ahead but not many teams are as good as Dublin.
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Game 1 in the Bord Gais Energy NFL Division 1   Game 1 in the Bord Gais Energy NFL Division 1 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 6:40 pm

Sarah Blake another minor also started while 2 more minors, Grace Clifford and Roisin Byrne brought on and did pretty well. One or two others made debuts.
Donna, Aoife H and Stacey missed out, injured.

It will take time so dont expect too much for a while.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Game 1 in the Bord Gais Energy NFL Division 1   Game 1 in the Bord Gais Energy NFL Division 1 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 3:53 pm

I travelled to Ballykelly on Sunday and as always I enjoyed the fine facilities on show. Ballykelly are like a lot of other clubs in the county now and have given the girls who play ladies football an even playing field, treat them with the same dignity and respect that any footballers should be treated regardless of their gender.

The match...........well I dont want to be cruel and I wont. Those girls were so far out of their dept it was untrue and even cruel at times. 2 things I noticed and IM not being mean or spiteful in any way. 1 was a dstinct lack of coaching or encouragement from the management and the other I still dont understand is, why did a Kildare team shorn of all the fine experienced players we have had in recent years, attempt to go man for man with last years All-Ireland champions? Surely some attempt could have been made to pull all players back and prevent such a humiliating defeat? Even take some of those bigger stronger players like Aishing Holton or Maria Moolick and have them play between the half back and full back lines. Whilst it may have been seen as negative tactics, it certainly would have cut out a lot of scores for Dublin.

Anyhow, I hope things imporve for this group of girls. I dont think there is much different in store for them in any of the league games this year but I do wish them well.
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Game 1 in the Bord Gais Energy NFL Division 1   Game 1 in the Bord Gais Energy NFL Division 1 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 6:42 pm

Thank you Whitelass we are very proud of our facilities, As for our girls, we purposely avoid the term '' ladies football'' we consider anyone who pulls on a club jersey a footballer regardless of gender or ability for that matter, after all that's what we are there for, to promote Gaelic games and culture

As for my opinion on the current set up, I posted on another thread so I won't repeat it here
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game 1 in the Bord Gais Energy NFL Division 1   Game 1 in the Bord Gais Energy NFL Division 1 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Game 1 in the Bord Gais Energy NFL Division 1
Page 1 of 1