Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Seanie Johnston - the end... for now

Go down 
+11
gomearza
walsheman
Botch
Fear An Geata
Rex
Sam1928
totalgaa
lilywhites on tour
Highball
Ogie
TommyKeegan
15 posters
AuthorMessage
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

Seanie Johnston - the end... for now Empty
PostSubject: Seanie Johnston - the end... for now   Seanie Johnston - the end... for now Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 10:26 am

Hot off the presses, his transfer rejected by CCC. We or he can appeal to the Central Appeals Committee and then DRA but one nail in coffin. You know my personal opinions, not getting into those, just relaying the news.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Seanie Johnston - the end... for now   Seanie Johnston - the end... for now Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 8:10 pm

Lawdy, Lawdy, the GAA is saved......
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Seanie Johnston - the end... for now   Seanie Johnston - the end... for now Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 9:06 pm

It had all gone very quiet on this front over the past few weeks. I think this may be the end of the matter, now that the league is in full flow, its just not headline making anymore!

Back to top Go down
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star
lilywhites on tour

PostSubject: Re: Seanie Johnston - the end... for now   Seanie Johnston - the end... for now Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 9:56 pm

Ah in fairness it was blown out of all proportion. Sure look at all of the bullshit that went on about the fact whether he lived in Straaffan or not ! Cavan obiously didnt really want to loose him. The fact that it was rejected was very predictable.
Back to top Go down
totalgaa
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Seanie Johnston - the end... for now   Seanie Johnston - the end... for now Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 10:32 pm

Does his transfer to Kevins still stand, I took it that the only thing that was up for decision was his eligibility to play for Kildare.
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Seanie Johnston - the end... for now   Seanie Johnston - the end... for now Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 10:42 pm

Manbearpig might get his place back if Seanie has to go back to Cavan now.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Seanie Johnston - the end... for now   Seanie Johnston - the end... for now Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 10:51 pm

All is right with the world again so yourself, Supple and that Fitzpatrick bloke will be able to sleep now.

Can't see him getting that interview he wanted any time soon though.
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Seanie Johnston - the end... for now   Seanie Johnston - the end... for now Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 1:27 am

totalgaa wrote:
Does his transfer to Kevins still stand, I took it that the only thing that was up for decision was his eligibility to play for Kildare.

What was being decided was his request to transfer to St. Kevins. If that had gone through he would then by extension have been eligible to play for Kildare.

So no he can't now play with St. Kevins.
Back to top Go down
totalgaa
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Seanie Johnston - the end... for now   Seanie Johnston - the end... for now Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 1:41 am

ok thanks for that, Maith an Fear
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Seanie Johnston - the end... for now   Seanie Johnston - the end... for now Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 2:12 am

Well good to see it is now sorted. It was 1 big fiasco and made a certain selector from Kevins a laughing stock. Straffan only up the road from kevins??????? We all know why he picked ( and was encouraged) to join kevins.
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Seanie Johnston - the end... for now   Seanie Johnston - the end... for now Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 2:26 am

Botch wrote:
Well good to see it is now sorted. It was 1 big fiasco and made a certain selector from Kevins a laughing stock. Straffan only up the road from kevins??????? We all know why he picked ( and was encouraged) to join kevins.
yeh get over it botch,like a broken record ya are....anyway its forgotten about and i hadnt even thought bout it in a long time cause i never really thought it wud happen.....hope another appeal isnt launched...and yet again sam,he wudnt hav taken my place Smile
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Seanie Johnston - the end... for now   Seanie Johnston - the end... for now Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 2:28 am

Botch wrote:

Certain selector... I'm going to take a big stab in the dark and guess that you're referring to Niall Carew? If, by some chance I'm correct, how is he a laughing stock? Sure Johnston picking Kevin's was hardly an issue, was it? If he was moving, wasn't it obvious, the only Kildare selector was gonna try get him to his own club. Good divine Jesus he'd have been a laughing stock not to. Anyway, as we all know, Kevin's wasn't the first choice destination.

Anyway, if there's an appeal here, it'll be Johnston, not Kildare driving it from what I gather. Once he went training with the Gaels, that was it. I'd say it's done now.
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Seanie Johnston - the end... for now   Seanie Johnston - the end... for now Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 2:38 am

Well him moving to Kevins was strange in my view. Why not Straffan? Celbridge is just as close.
He was living in Straffan supposedly?
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Seanie Johnston - the end... for now   Seanie Johnston - the end... for now Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 2:39 am

And wasn't Celbridge the first choice? But that didn't work out.
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Seanie Johnston - the end... for now   Seanie Johnston - the end... for now Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 2:46 am

I did not know that if that was true. I though he was going to Kevins to improve his chnces of getting on the kildare team?
Back to top Go down
gomearza
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Seanie Johnston - the end... for now   Seanie Johnston - the end... for now Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 2:46 am

Please, let this madness be over once and for all.
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Seanie Johnston - the end... for now   Seanie Johnston - the end... for now Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 3:04 am

botch , reading the bs you contribute here there seems to be alot that you don't know
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Seanie Johnston - the end... for now   Seanie Johnston - the end... for now Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 3:12 am

I post a lot more than you Jim so I am allowed 1 or 2 uninformed posts. I did stste that I did not know about the celbridge thing so I hold my hands up. It may have been a little off the mark but Its what most of the County were thinking. Now its you thats bull shiiting after only 28 posts.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Seanie Johnston - the end... for now   Seanie Johnston - the end... for now Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 3:35 am

Hopefully that's the end of this whole farce.
Back to top Go down
SamMaguire
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Seanie Johnston - the end... for now   Seanie Johnston - the end... for now Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 3:54 am

In some ways, if he doesn't challenge the ruling and pursue it further, it's like an acceptance from him that the transfer was a complete sham from the start and the 'doubters' were right.

Not sure about the accuracy of this article but the Kevin's chairman is quoted here as saying he expects him to take it up with the DRA - http://www.thescore.ie/never-ending-story-kevins-expect-seanie-johnston-to-appeal-transfer-decision-377588-Mar2012/

Speaking to TheScore.ie this afternoon, St Kevin’s chairman Martin Murray said that the CCCC ruling was no big surprise and that he always expected the decision-makers to “pass the buck.”

“He’ll probably have to go down the road of the DRA,” Murray said. “That’s the way it’s going to finish up.”

Personally, I would hope that the DRA will overturn their decision.
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Seanie Johnston - the end... for now   Seanie Johnston - the end... for now Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 4:13 am

137 posts just proves that you do a serious amount of shite talking botch
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Seanie Johnston - the end... for now   Seanie Johnston - the end... for now Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 4:17 am

Botch by name Botch by nature. My mistake. I'll take it on the chin Jim but I still beleive in what I said as many around the county do so don't think it was bs.
I
Back to top Go down
Admin3
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Seanie Johnston - the end... for now   Seanie Johnston - the end... for now Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 6:11 am

Another Johnston thread descends into lads having a pop at one another.
First post said all that needs to be said on the matter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seanie Johnston - the end... for now   Seanie Johnston - the end... for now Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Seanie Johnston - the end... for now
Page 1 of 1