Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Leper injury

Go down 
+15
bag of white
Botch
Frankel
Bad News Baba
KFSAM
Cilldara_2000
Ogie
centreback
hawker
kelf
tomoneillandhissisteranne
Ohtoohtobe
KILL BILL
Rex
carburyman
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Frankel
Intercounty
Intercounty

Leper injury  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leper injury    Leper injury  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 10:32 pm

its a problem with his pubic bone that he has and is very unlikely to feature in the leinster championship at least.
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leper injury    Leper injury  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 10:51 pm

Lads I might be harsh but kildare cant afford to be playing leper or anyone really half fit. We need 15 lads fit and raring to go and we have a panel strong enough until we can get him fully fit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Leper injury    Leper injury  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 11:38 pm

Is this not an ongoing problem with Leper.

Pubic Symphysis problem. Joe Canning has had this problem and it's not too easily solved if that is the case.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Leper injury    Leper injury  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 11:46 pm

GAA has evolved Botch. It's all about playing to systems and tactics.
Now I agree we need very for players and there can't be much room for carrying anyone.
However Have we a player that can fill Lepers role in our system . I don't believe we do.
Would Leper at 70/80% be better than someone else at 100%. I believe he would.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leper injury    Leper injury  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 12:30 am

You know I think he's the last player we'd want to have to do without, and I include Flynn, Bolton and even JD in that
Back to top Go down
bag of white
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Leper injury    Leper injury  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 12:31 am

The thing we'll miss most about leper is towards the end of tight games he's one of the lads who makes things happen for kildare. I can remember so many times when we looked dead and buried and he kicked a score or set up someone else to bring us back into it.

I would put Padraig O'Neill back into the half forward line to play the roving role that leper usually plays if it turns out that he is indeed missing for the Leinster campaign.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Leper injury    Leper injury  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 10:05 am

Leper is probably the most important player on the panel bar JD. Big miss if we can't keep him fit for later on in the summer.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leper injury    Leper injury  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 9:56 pm

kickingking wrote:
Leper is probably the most important player on the panel bar JD. Big miss if we can't keep him fit for later on in the summer.

I might be inclined to say 'bar none', although that goes against the ethos they have built up. Morgan is considered crucial to the game plan but for me, Leper has it all.
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

PostSubject: Re: Leper injury    Leper injury  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 10:18 pm

i`d agree with that ogie hes the real go to man of this team he wins most of our possession around the middle, hes constantly scoring and asisting and when our backs are to the wall hes the man that comes up with the lifeline goal like the dublin game last year and the down game the year before
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Leper injury    Leper injury  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 9:05 am

Devasted if it's true about Leper. He is so important to Kildare. The work he does and the never say die attitude that he possess are so vital to the team.He is a real leader on the field. Will hamper us for sure. Hope its not season ending and fingers crossed if and when kildare progress further in the championship he can be brought in further down the line.
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leper injury    Leper injury  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 11:07 pm

Read in today's Leader that Leper had his operation in America this week. He's due home tomorrow. All went well and they now expect that the recuperation period will be shorter than the 7-8 weeks initially anticipated.
Back to top Go down
KFSAM
Senior
Senior
KFSAM

PostSubject: Re: Leper injury    Leper injury  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 11:49 pm

Fear An Geata wrote:
Read in today's Leader that Leper had his operation in America this week. He's due home tomorrow. All went well and they now expect that the recuperation period will be shorter than the 7-8 weeks initially anticipated.

Great news.
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leper injury    Leper injury  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 1:41 am

This indeed is great news for leper that he had this operation, its over and done with now and he can try and get back to full fitness, but surely the medical staff with our senior squad should have advised him to have the operation earlier in the year......it seems to be an ongoing injury he has for the last while and rarely to these recovery periods go to plan.......here's hoping it does recover quickly and if we do get pass the biffos and royal boys he will be fit for the Dubs........cause we'll need him....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Leper injury    Leper injury  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 6:51 am

Can anyone actually confirm what the injury actually is. He has has an ongoing problem is this a different issue?
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Leper injury    Leper injury  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 7:50 am

He just seems to be one of those players who is cursed with injuries. I read last year that he has to wear specially made boots due to his condition. Hopefully the operation is a success and he sees some action this summer. He'll be needed if we are to go far.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leper injury    Leper injury  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 8:01 am

It's his pubic bone.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leper injury    Leper injury  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 12:38 am

Yeah, it's all the one condition causing different muscle injuries, going back to the back however many years ago, groins etc...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leper injury    Leper injury  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Leper injury
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2