Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare Senior, Intermediate and Junior 15.

Go down 
+9
lastline
ripvanwinkle
ElGuerrouj
Botch
egocentric
Ohtoohtobe
Dido
kickingking
Taibi
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare Senior, Intermediate and Junior 15. Empty
PostSubject: Kildare Senior, Intermediate and Junior 15.   Kildare Senior, Intermediate and Junior 15. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 9:57 am

Might be interesting to name a team of non senior county players who have impressed so far in the club championship.

Here's what I've come up with from the games I've seen and from what I've heard.

1. Patrick O'Sullivan (Sarsfields)
2. David Hyland (Athy)
3. John Dempsey (Monasterevin)
4. Conor Duffy (Sarsfields)
5. John Merrins (Nurney)
6. Mark Cornish (Monasterevin)
7. Colin O'Shea (Milltown)
8. Paddy Dunne (Athy)
9. Damien Leeson (Robertstown)
10. Niall Browne (TMH)
11. Ray Cahill (Sarsfields)
12. Barry Noone (St.Kevins)
13. Paddy Mahon (Castledermot)
14. Shane Harte (Celbridge)
15. Darren Barker (Kilcullen)

Honourable mentions to Niall Kelly (Athy), Cian Bolton (Eadestown) and Cathal McNally (JTB).

As I've said I haven't been to all games so I'm sure there is other players that have impressed.

Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior, Intermediate and Junior 15.   Kildare Senior, Intermediate and Junior 15. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 10:13 am

Sean Campbell (Sarsfields), Davy Byrne (Celbridge) and Conor Mellett (Naas) have impressed me in the few SFC matches I've managed to get to. Outside of the Kildare panelists, Ray Cahill looks the form player in the county right now.
Back to top Go down
Dido
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior, Intermediate and Junior 15.   Kildare Senior, Intermediate and Junior 15. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 11:01 am

Lads dont be getting your knickers in a twist. Ray is a good footballer but had one good game so far.lets judge all these young up and coming footballers when the championship is over. these young
lads have along way to go yet. when these players have proved themselves against experience players on the field then the fruit will be right to pick.....
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior, Intermediate and Junior 15.   Kildare Senior, Intermediate and Junior 15. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 7:30 pm

Does Darren Barker play up front these days Taibi? Always thought he was a good defender. Some good players on that team. I might be stating the obvious here but the one I'd have the highest hopes for out of them would be David Hyland. Long way to go but he has the lot.
Back to top Go down
egocentric
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior, Intermediate and Junior 15.   Kildare Senior, Intermediate and Junior 15. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 1:29 am

From what i've seen..

2 David Hyland
3 Sash no.3, forget his name
5 McEvoy- Celbridge
6 Colin o'sea
11 Ray Cahill
12 Dowling- Suncroft
13 Barry Noone
14 Shane Kavanagh
15 Connor Mellet

Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior, Intermediate and Junior 15.   Kildare Senior, Intermediate and Junior 15. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 1:32 am

sash n0 3 is SEan Campbell
Back to top Go down
ElGuerrouj
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior, Intermediate and Junior 15.   Kildare Senior, Intermediate and Junior 15. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 2:39 am

This is a biased call, but John Doran corner back for Lexilip has been excellent the last two games. Marked Leper and Smith and kept them to a point each and they did very little else.

One Leixlip player who has the potential to make county panel in next few years is Dara McGlynn. This was his first year senior for us and was definitely our most consistent performer all year.

Of the teams, we have played against I have been impressed by Mellett from Naas and Cahill and Tiernan from Sarsfields. I don't think Campbell is anyting special to be honest.
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior, Intermediate and Junior 15.   Kildare Senior, Intermediate and Junior 15. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 2:48 am

I think noone from kevins is a good player. Joe Kavanagh from Roberstoen and Cian Bolton from Eadestown also good. Kill Full back, Purchall I think his name is a very good man marker and has been on kildare panels in the past. Aiden Casey FRomTMH is good on his day. Also think the Eadestown midfield is as strong as you get at intermedate level.
Back to top Go down
ripvanwinkle
Senior
Senior
ripvanwinkle

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior, Intermediate and Junior 15.   Kildare Senior, Intermediate and Junior 15. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 2:57 am

smith has been pretty poor in the championship. he was kept scoreless by the st kevins full back and only scored 1 off doran.
Back to top Go down
lastline
Intercounty
Intercounty
lastline

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior, Intermediate and Junior 15.   Kildare Senior, Intermediate and Junior 15. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 3:01 am

Botch wrote:
I think noone from kevins is a good player. Joe Kavanagh from Roberstoen and Cian Bolton from Eadestown also good. Kill Full back, Purchall I think his name is a very good man marker and has been on kildare panels in the past. Aiden Casey FRomTMH is good on his day. Also think the Eadestown midfield is as strong as you get at intermedate level.

is casey not still in the states. thought the last i heard he wasnt home yet.
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior, Intermediate and Junior 15.   Kildare Senior, Intermediate and Junior 15. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 3:02 am

I saw him 2 weeks ago in naas. It was definitely him.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior, Intermediate and Junior 15.   Kildare Senior, Intermediate and Junior 15. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 4:14 am

Ohtoohtobe wrote:
Does Darren Barker play up front these days Taibi? Always thought he was a good defender. Some good players on that team. I might be stating the obvious here but the one I'd have the highest hopes for out of them would be David Hyland. Long way to go but he has the lot.

In the 2 games against Nurney he was centre back and midfield but he played full forward in the relegation semi final and scored 6 points. He is the type of player that can play anywhere.

Back to top Go down
Tom Kearney
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior, Intermediate and Junior 15.   Kildare Senior, Intermediate and Junior 15. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 6:33 am

Is that Sean Campbell a relation to the famous Raheens Campbells?
Back to top Go down
the_skip
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior, Intermediate and Junior 15.   Kildare Senior, Intermediate and Junior 15. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 8:46 am

kickingking wrote:
Sean Campbell (Sarsfields), Davy Byrne (Celbridge) and Conor Mellett (Naas) have impressed me in the few SFC matches I've managed to get to. Outside of the Kildare panelists, Ray Cahill looks the form player in the county right now.

Leixlip done a very good job with Cahill on saturday. His only contribution in the 1st half was 1/2 fress. In the 2nd half he scored 1 point from play and then scored a soft goal that the leixlip goalkeeper seem to misjudge and let drop into the net. As the game opened up a bit he got on the ball a little more. He was subbed off with 15mins to go, granted the game was over at this stage. Very impressed again with leixlip 6 mcglynn and 2 doran.
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior, Intermediate and Junior 15.   Kildare Senior, Intermediate and Junior 15. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 7:38 pm

Afineyoungman wrote:
smith has been pretty poor in the championship. he was kept scoreless by the st kevins full back and only scored 1 off doran.

That is jason brosnan I think who is a very good footballer and full back.
Back to top Go down
shortgrass
Senior
Senior
shortgrass

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior, Intermediate and Junior 15.   Kildare Senior, Intermediate and Junior 15. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 11:31 pm

who is the number 8 for Caragh?
Back to top Go down
naked-lilly
Senior
Senior
naked-lilly

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior, Intermediate and Junior 15.   Kildare Senior, Intermediate and Junior 15. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 5:29 am

shortgrass wrote:

Kevin o Connor he was on the minor panel two years ago he's quite ridiculously tall
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior, Intermediate and Junior 15.   Kildare Senior, Intermediate and Junior 15. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 6:59 am

the_skip wrote:
kickingking wrote:

Leixlip done a very good job with Cahill on saturday. His only contribution in the 1st half was 1/2 fress. In the 2nd half he scored 1 point from play and then scored a soft goal that the leixlip goalkeeper seem to misjudge and let drop into the net. As the game opened up a bit he got on the ball a little more. He was subbed off with 15mins to go, granted the game was over at this stage. Very impressed again with leixlip 6 mcglynn and 2 doran.

I didn't see him against Leixlip, only against Naas and St Kevins. It'll be interesting to see how many of these players outside the county panel keep up their level of performance in the latter stages of the championship. 1/4 finals onwards is where the better players should be standing out.

With the Kildare panel due to be reduced in numbers again next year to cut costs, it remains to be seen how many new lads we'll see get a chance with the county team.
Back to top Go down
shortgrass
Senior
Senior
shortgrass

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior, Intermediate and Junior 15.   Kildare Senior, Intermediate and Junior 15. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 5:59 pm

naked-lilly wrote:
shortgrass wrote:

Kevin o Connor he was on the minor panel two years ago he's quite ridiculously tall

He has a good pair of hands as well..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Senior, Intermediate and Junior 15.   Kildare Senior, Intermediate and Junior 15. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare Senior, Intermediate and Junior 15.
Page 1 of 1