Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Carbury Seniors

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
archie
Senior
Senior

Carbury Seniors Empty
PostSubject: Carbury Seniors   Carbury Seniors Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 1:47 am

Lads, im very impressed with Carbury seniors over the last 2 years.
I have been involved at under age for the last 12 years and as far as i recall Carbury have never played at Minor or 21 A standard (Apologies if i'm wrong. I know they have an exceptional under 13 team)
My question is how do they produce such good senior teams. Usually a strong under age is a prerequsite to a strong Senior team.
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

Carbury Seniors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carbury Seniors   Carbury Seniors Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 9:43 pm

archie

I note that there were no replies to this topic so as a Carbury man I will try and put a few pointers as follows :

1.Tradition and belief
2.Smashing bunch of players with some great leaders.Club tends to produce natural footballers.
3.Very little leakage of players and committed underage structure
4.Good management
5.Well run Club and good facilities
6.Schools in the parish and Edenderry and Clane

However , I would point out that all of the above would apply to Sarsfields. The bookies have them as 4/7 favourites for the final which says it all. We have it all to do.

Back to top Go down
archie
Senior
Senior

Carbury Seniors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carbury Seniors   Carbury Seniors Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 3:02 am

Tom,
thanks for the reply.The reason i was curious was that most of the recent winners Athy , Moorefield, Celbridge, Sarsfields, Larries had at least 1 or 2 successful minor or under 21 teams.
Carbury seem to be able to get a few lads from every minor team.
Little leakage of players is an interesting fact. In the last 10 years the big clubs must have had nearly 150 players at minor level.
Good luck in the final.
Back to top Go down
Muller
Intermediate
Intermediate

Carbury Seniors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carbury Seniors   Carbury Seniors Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 5:34 am

Cadbury have to be commended for there efforts at senior over the last number of years. With the bigger clubs producing decent minor teams every few years there is always gonna be a drop off when it comes to the Senior teams. Lads are trying to hold down jobs as well as whatever college or schoolwork they have. In these big clubs if a certain player cant commit 100% because of circumstances there is likely to be someone just as good in the club who can. A sign of the times i suppose.
Back to top Go down
carburyman
All-Star
All-Star
carburyman

Carbury Seniors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carbury Seniors   Carbury Seniors Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 10:38 pm

Over the past few years a lot of work has gone on with carbury under age,and now we see the results.
This club is only starting to see the results,as we can see from this year alone.

Roll on sunday
Back to top Go down
wingback
Senior
Senior

Location : Two Mile House and Poulaphouca, Blacktrench, Cutbush and Boolea

Carbury Seniors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carbury Seniors   Carbury Seniors Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 11:28 pm

Surely the chocolate factory has something to do with it?
Back to top Go down
carburyman
All-Star
All-Star
carburyman

Carbury Seniors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carbury Seniors   Carbury Seniors Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 11:33 pm

Maybe the mushroom factory!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Carbury Seniors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carbury Seniors   Carbury Seniors Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Carbury Seniors
Page 1 of 1