Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Carbury v Celbridge

Go down 
+10
BelieveToAchieve
ohluckyme
town man
Carburyhill
Jimmy winning matches
ripvanwinkle
lilywhites on tour
Rex
Big Full Back
kickingking
14 posters
AuthorMessage
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

Carbury v Celbridge Empty
PostSubject: Carbury v Celbridge   Carbury v Celbridge Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 3:06 am

Cill Droichid 0-9 to 0-4 ahead at the break. Carbury will have to get Eoghan O'Flaherty into the game to have any chance of a comeback. Celbridge backs are playing very well.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Carbury v Celbridge   Carbury v Celbridge Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 3:18 am

Two quick points for Carbury 0-9 to 0-6
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Carbury v Celbridge   Carbury v Celbridge Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 3:33 am

Ten minutes remaining. Celbridge ahead by two points. 0-10 to 0-08
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Carbury v Celbridge   Carbury v Celbridge Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 3:36 am

0-10 to 0-09
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Carbury v Celbridge   Carbury v Celbridge Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 3:39 am

Carbury goal.

1-09 to 0-10
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Carbury v Celbridge   Carbury v Celbridge Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 3:50 am

Carbury win 1-11 to 0-11.

Great second half comeback. Celbridge badly missed O'Sullivan's threat up front in the second half.
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: Carbury v Celbridge   Carbury v Celbridge Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 4:23 am

Credit to Carbury they never gave up. Brophy going off and Kearney getting on top of Fitzgerald was a big help for them. Celbridge only scored 2 points in the 2nd half and that's not enough to win. Wasn't a classic but Tomcruise won't care..... There in a County Final and that's all that matters...
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Carbury v Celbridge   Carbury v Celbridge Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 4:27 am

Well done Carbury, great comeback.
TC won't be seen for a week now. Enjoy the build up to the final.
Back to top Go down
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star
lilywhites on tour

PostSubject: Re: Carbury v Celbridge   Carbury v Celbridge Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 9:47 am

Hon carbury! well done
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carbury v Celbridge   Carbury v Celbridge Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 11:17 am

Mark O'Sullivan was badly missed today for Celbo. Even though Eoghan Flats had a quiet game by his own standards the 2 inside forwards did the job for them.
I fancied Larries to win tomorrow but after watching todays game i realise without Mackey and Fogarty it may be bridge too far!!
Back to top Go down
ripvanwinkle
Senior
Senior
ripvanwinkle

PostSubject: Re: Carbury v Celbridge   Carbury v Celbridge Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 7:38 pm

I keep hearing about Celbridge badly missing OSullivan yesterday....... He got injured in the very first championship match back in May. The only reson their not in a county final (without osullivan) is because they completely bottled it yesterday.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Carbury v Celbridge   Carbury v Celbridge Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 7:56 pm

celbridge blew it yesterday and winners of today match will hot favs to win championship
Back to top Go down
Carburyhill
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Carbury v Celbridge   Carbury v Celbridge Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 8:01 pm

Fone do you think Carbury will care who is favourites or not we are in a county final and deserve to be there
Back to top Go down
town man
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Carbury v Celbridge   Carbury v Celbridge Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 8:54 pm

Well done Carbury great comeback , I was at all 4 1/4 finals a couple of weeks back and the best 2 teams were Carbury and Athy . Up to Athy today to make a smashing final line up as both teams are full of talented young lads who play fast attacking football
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carbury v Celbridge   Carbury v Celbridge Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 9:39 pm

Winnie the Pooh stop talking pooh. Celbridge managed to get this far without him but when the quality of the opposition rose they missed him. Harte missed early frees that one would have expected O'Sullivan to hit. Like wise when they were fluting about with the ball forty yards out O'Sullivan would have been the man to take the opportunity to at least have a pop.
Back to top Go down
ohluckyme
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Carbury v Celbridge   Carbury v Celbridge Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 10:20 pm

Lads, Celbridge only scored 2 pints in the second half, one of them in injury time, on a day that was perfect for football they don't deserve to be in a County final for that second half performance.
But give huge credit to the Carbury backs in the second half and also their two corner forwards Darmody and McNamara and Groomes when he came off the bench added strength.
To see the delight on the face of Shane Cummins one of Carbury's greatest fans was just great at the full time whistle.

Well done Carbury.
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Carbury v Celbridge   Carbury v Celbridge Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 5:51 am

umpireonditch wrote:
Winnie the Pooh stop talking pooh. Celbridge managed to get this far without him but when the quality of the opposition rose they missed him. Harte missed early frees that one would have expected O'Sullivan to hit. Like wise when they were fluting about with the ball forty yards out O'Sullivan would have been the man to take the opportunity to at least have a pop.

And if my granny had balls she'd be my grandad. What a load of shite.
Celbridge were favourites to win this game and played the first half like they should have. But when the questions were asked of them, they just werent good enough. Tell me now that O'Sullivan hasn't fluffed big scores in recent years?? Whilst he can kick good ones, he aint too fond of the pressure either!

I didnt understand Celbridge being favourites, their only title came as a result of being in the right place at the right time a few years ago (Moorefield imploding AGAIN) and said here a few weeks ago that I fancied Carbury to win the championship.

Delighted to see Carbury in the final, they are there on merit and I hope they finish the job.
Back to top Go down
ElGuerrouj
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Carbury v Celbridge   Carbury v Celbridge Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 7:55 pm

FuturesWhite wrote:
umpireonditch wrote:

And if my granny had balls she'd be my grandad. What a load of shite.
Celbridge were favourites to win this game and played the first half like they should have. But when the questions were asked of them, they just werent good enough. Tell me now that O'Sullivan hasn't fluffed big scores in recent years?? Whilst he can kick good ones, he aint too fond of the pressure either!

I didnt understand Celbridge being favourites, their only title came as a result of being in the right place at the right time a few years ago (Moorefield imploding AGAIN) and said here a few weeks ago that I fancied Carbury to win the championship.

Delighted to see Carbury in the final, they are there on merit and I hope they finish the job.

Hate to break it to you, but Celbridge weren't favourites. Carbury ranged from 4/5 to 4/6 with the bookies
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Carbury v Celbridge   Carbury v Celbridge Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 8:25 pm

TC is here with a big smile on his face Very Happy I am delighted for the whole club.1988 was our last final and and 1985 is our last won. We would like to bring Dermot Bourke home but we are definitely underdogs for the final as Athy have already beat us by six points in the championship. Anyway we will enjoy the build up to the final in the next two weeks.

I would like to commiserate with Celbridge who were coasting at half time but we just grinded out in the end. Our subs made a huge difference. Also a big mention for Ollie Lyons who had a superb game for Celbridge and who should play a big role for the county in 2012.

Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: Carbury v Celbridge   Carbury v Celbridge Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 8:31 pm

tomcruise wrote:
TC is here with a big smile on his face Very Happy I am delighted for the whole club.1988 was our last final and and 1985 is our last won. We would like to bring Dermot Bourke home but we are definitely underdogs for the final as Athy have already beat us by six points in the championship. Anyway we will enjoy the build up to the final in the next two weeks.

I would like to commiserate with Celbridge who were coasting at half time but we just grinded out in the end. Our subs made a huge difference. Also a big mention for Ollie Lyons who had a superb game for Celbridge and who should play a big role for the county in 2012.

Fair Play TC... Ground it out and didn't give up. Well done. Your right Ollie Lyons had a good game. Great tussle with O'Flatherty. Thought the two turning points were Brophy being subbed and Kearney getting on top after a torrid first half. Best of luck in the final but I'd say your full back line will cover alot more yardage with Athy forwards.
Back to top Go down
TheBigFullForward
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Carbury v Celbridge   Carbury v Celbridge Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 9:10 pm

I don't mean to take anything from Carbury, i really don't but I feel that this was a game that Celbridge threw away.

They just totally lost their nerve in the second half, was that the same Shane Harte who played in the quarter final?

They looked nervous and clueless in possession going forward near the end when they had kicked some really good scores in the first half. Then, they lost their discpline late on with the dissent by Hugh McGrillen and subsequent moving forward of the free kick playing a big part in the crucial goal.

I don't have any links to either club and don't want to take away from Carbury's glory but to me, Celbridge bottled it.
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Carbury v Celbridge   Carbury v Celbridge Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 9:41 pm

TheBigFullForward I was at the game and yes Celbridge did bottle it but why did they you have to give great credit to Carbury they didn't turn up in the first half but came to life in the second and put a lot of pressure on every Celbridge player they got there goal at a great time which knocked Celbridge for 6. As TomCruise said the subs made a big difference for Carbury.
Back to top Go down
ripvanwinkle
Senior
Senior
ripvanwinkle

PostSubject: Re: Carbury v Celbridge   Carbury v Celbridge Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 2:30 am

umpire how can u say he would have made a big difference when he played 15 mins championship all year, ridiculous statement!!!! theyll be kicking themselves for not being in a county final even tho their pretty average. carbury are a good side and are tough as hell but athy have a few more classy footballers in their team, still think it will be a tight game tho...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Carbury v Celbridge   Carbury v Celbridge Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Carbury v Celbridge
Page 1 of 1