Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare Minors Leinster Champions 2013

Go down 
+69
Caprea
Misneach
coffeybrendan
Ohtoohtobe
Highball
Bd1
Stonecold
Dr No
Lily8
totalgaa
TommyKeegan
Shergar
Dinny Breen
Flamingo
MD
OutTheGap
bob12
jimmers
stanley
johnsmyth
Rex
Fear An Geata
murof
jj
if_in_doubt
Kildare98
White Bridge
Son of Sarsfields
archie
hawker
rgb
SeamusMurphy
rob11
kildaregaa365
flourman
Morrissey
ChopperDalton
makcer
the young lad
Ogie
tpos
kickingking
steviegenius
Athyman
NK
bk 1
Admin2
Square Ball
Stats_man
Bān go Lēir
BelieveToAchieve
lilywhites on tour
lollypop
losthope
thelads
Celbridgelad
overthebar
Big Full Back
kelf
Jimmy winning matches
topcat
tomcruise
Bad News Baba
lillyboy
LilyWhyte
Taibi
walsheman
Come on the Boys in Blue
TheManInTheStands
73 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
TheManInTheStands
Senior
Senior

Kildare Minors Leinster Champions 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Kildare Minors Leinster Champions 2013   Kildare Minors Leinster Champions 2013 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 3:45 pm

Bryan Murphy kept on for another year . Confirmed last night . Murphy likes a quick start so trials will probably commence in the coming weeks. Controversial decision to keep Murphy on? Personally I felt Declan Cryan should have got it
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Minors Leinster Champions 2013   Kildare Minors Leinster Champions 2013 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 8:06 pm

I made the point previously that there were no Towers Players involved this Year at all, not even on the panel. (or Larries Players).
I was looking back, and am fairly sure that no Towers Player has been involved in BM 4 Year stint .. Coogey didnt play Minor County, but played U21 the same Year. Mikey Kelly didnt play Minor eirher, but has been on the last 2 U21 Teams.
Keeping him on is a mistake IMO, as there were other canditates who should have been approached, ie Cryan, O Sullivan, Purcell,Campbell, all with experience and well capable. ok some may not have been interested, but were they asked, doubt it.
Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Minors Leinster Champions 2013   Kildare Minors Leinster Champions 2013 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 8:22 pm

What about Young Nolan ?? Was he was involved , maybe 5 years ago, but only on the fringes ??
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Minors Leinster Champions 2013   Kildare Minors Leinster Champions 2013 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 8:26 pm

so your saying its a conspiracy against towers? maybe they didn't show up well in trials.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Minors Leinster Champions 2013   Kildare Minors Leinster Champions 2013 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 8:29 pm

I never mentioned conspiracy, you can form your own opinion !
Jimmers wasnt involved as he had shoulder problems. Might have been if he hadnt in fairness.
Back to top Go down
TheManInTheStands
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Minors Leinster Champions 2013   Kildare Minors Leinster Champions 2013 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 9:40 pm

There should be at least 2 or 3 Towers players represented this year IMO. Niall Fleming , Mark Byrne and Jamie Flynn are definitely up to the standard . Theres a base of 17 or 18 players underage from last years panel that will be there again
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Minors Leinster Champions 2013   Kildare Minors Leinster Champions 2013 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 10:12 pm

So there we have it, Murphy should have been replaced because he never picked any Towers players. I've heard it all now.

James Nolan wasn't mobile enough to play county IMO. As for Kelly and Coogan, they are both good footballers that seemed to have developed late.

Jamie Flynn is still U16 so he might not be picked for the minors next year.
Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Minors Leinster Champions 2013   Kildare Minors Leinster Champions 2013 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 2:55 am

Taibi wrote:
So there we have it, Murphy should have been replaced because he never picked any Towers players. I've heard it all now.

YES !!!! , but other clubs can make strongly if not a equal claim without recrimination , so you are happy with the past & no doubt current malaise !!

I don't think Towers are the only club complaining , some other clubs can also make the same claim legitimately also , when players from clubs 2/3 divisions lower are been selected over players playing a higher standard of football in 1/2 divisions above them , no doubt questions have to be asked , the results at minor county level certainly indicate that trend and error in the last few years, case in point 2011 in Parnell Park , where Kildare were demolished by a cricket score.

James Nolan wasn't mobile enough to play county IMO. As for Kelly and Coogan, they are both good footballers that seemed to have developed late.

As for the gent you mention in regards to mobility , yes he was hindered by a shoulder injury which has taken some time to mend satisfactorily, but only for this he would have been a massive asset to that squad , would he have made a difference , we will never know unfortunately

I can tell you with certainty our alleged late bloomers were more than capable when they were eligible Minors in Towers 2008/2009, so this late development is pie in the sky comment , they would have come under the same policy in 2008\9 as adopted and which has continued for the last number of years and is still current policy enforced in 2012

Jamie Flynn is still U16 so he might not be picked for the minors next year.

I would agree to some extent about the above U/16 representative , but would it not be more progressive to have him in the set up now with the view to bring him on in 2014 in earnest ??? I would be as bold to say you could add two more from Towers in that group

Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Minors Leinster Champions 2013   Kildare Minors Leinster Champions 2013 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 3:50 am

ManBearPig wrote:
so your saying its a conspiracy against towers? maybe they didn't show up well in trials.

They were never asked , invited nor view by any representative from the county set up in he last couple of years, i can assure you, take that as gospel !!

Its only recently with intervention from the club to county level , that we have been "asked , invited" put forward representatives for trails to earn a place in some of development panels in the last year , thankfully we were luck some scraped through as a result of hard graft by these individuals

In saying this Towers aren't the only club who have fallen foul of this alleged "conspiracy theory" , look at the results at county minor level in the last couple of years , they have only proven that theory !! that the best players in the county are been overlooked for some unexplained reason ?? regularly .

Do you let the rot continue or do you change the way certain aspects are done, It seems nothing will change as the same incumbent is ratified again , so the rot will no doubt becomes festered !! if the same policies are allowed to exist furthermore into the future , this is not good nor helpful if the county has any aspirations of producing future senior players

Or is it going to be a policy of drafting in disgruntled ex county players from other counties to fill the void at senior county level ????

Sorry lads but the future is to seek your best younger players now , give them as much scope and attention to develop into potentially great senior players in the future

If you don't do it now , you potentially lose them to the IRFU's / FAI's and they gain for their future.You may argue this happens regularly anyway , but why make it that bit easier for good young potential talent to sway down that path.

There are a lot of similarities with the senior setup if it is broken and not working why change it Rolling Eyes

Simple its gone Stale !!!

Back to top Go down
LilyWhyte
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Minors Leinster Champions 2013   Kildare Minors Leinster Champions 2013 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 2:05 pm

Ridiculous statements from Vodafone & Seamus Murphy. . . the kinda of post's that are leading me to lose interest in this once great forum!!

having known a lot of players who have played under Murphy and his various selectors including campbell, O'neill, Byrne etc over the last few years i have only ever heard positive things said about his management. Indeed i spoke to two payers on this years panel who are underage again next year who said they would be very disappointed if he wasn't in charge again next year.

As for "the towers conspiracy", ask around your club and you'll find that the minors in their proper year this year were given every chance to shine in u16 and u17 development squads over the past couple of years but simply weren't good enough to make the panel of 30. Towers are well represented at u16 and u17 level and im sure these players will play minor football over the next two years . . . Your best players on your minor team are the younger players which makes this year an even better achievement.

Seamus, not sure what your reasons for Declan Cryan being such a shoe in based on VEC results? its is a far different competition and commitment level. the difference between the kildare minor team and vec team is huge. How many Dublin players beaten in the VEC leinster final this year went on to make the Dublin minor team?? . . . . 1 i believe is the answer.

Our minors are close to making a big breakthrough i believe. For me the bigger worry is their progression to senior . . . Moolick & Hurley have already gone into the senior set up as promising 18 years olds only to be be dropped by 20. we need to stop building up players and also lambasting them upon defeat or bad performance. they are students with huge time on their hands, they read things like this lads.
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Minors Leinster Champions 2013   Kildare Minors Leinster Champions 2013 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 2:07 pm

Check that gospel again, Towers have had more than a few on the dev squads over the last few heard and rightly so, the fact than none made this years minor squad is neither here nor there and if my info is right 6 were involved in last years trials. Fair enough thinking they should have made it but not to say they didn't get a chance. Pluayers from 15 or 16 clubs made up the minor squad so it wasn't a closed shop. Having seen a good lot of this years matches I'd expect Towers to have 3 and possibly up to 5 on next years panel imo
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
Bad News Baba

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Minors Leinster Champions 2013   Kildare Minors Leinster Champions 2013 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 2:17 pm

Ah Lilywhyte leave the forum out of this, is it not great that you can set the record straight for the world to see.
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Minors Leinster Champions 2013   Kildare Minors Leinster Champions 2013 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 2:49 pm

Such crap.Dublin kicked the Kildare minor team out of Newbridge this year and if Messi and Rooney were available to the 2012 Kildare minor team , it would not have made any earthly difference. They simply were not good enough.

Move on to 2013 !!!!
Back to top Go down
LilyWhyte
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Minors Leinster Champions 2013   Kildare Minors Leinster Champions 2013 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 2:56 pm

I have yet to see Messi OR Rooney play gaa but ill take your word that they would of made the difference on the day!!
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Minors Leinster Champions 2013   Kildare Minors Leinster Champions 2013 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 3:00 pm

tomcruise wrote:
Such crap.Dublin kicked the Kildare minor team out of Newbridge this year and if Messi and Rooney were available to the 2012 Kildare minor team , it would not have made any earthly difference. They simply were not good enough.

Move on to 2013 !!!!

True tomcruise but if we had Heskey we would have been sorted!!

It is hard to know how the minors will fair next year, I am not sure how many of last years team are returning but I do know they lose the centre back, centre forward and full forward. Dublin may be weakened with the loss of Dessie Farrell as manager but will still have to be ranked as favs to win Leinster at the very least.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Minors Leinster Champions 2013   Kildare Minors Leinster Champions 2013 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 3:43 pm

The main reason I was hoping for a change was because of the failure of Management over the last 4 Years, I made the point that neither Towers, Larries or Carbury had Players on the Panel.
We got hammered by the Dubs, and while it was a serious Dublin Team no doubts, there were some very very obvious errors made by Management, and One wouldnt need to be a rocket Scientist to work them out.
Bottom line is 4 Years of failure, the Man stepped down, now he is back. Maybe he has learned from last Years errors, or the last 4 Years errors.
On Declan Cryan Lilywhite, and his record, he also brought Maynooth to an All Ireland Semi, losin out by a late goal to a Kerry Team. He has experience, and IMO was a decent canditate.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Minors Leinster Champions 2013   Kildare Minors Leinster Champions 2013 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 3:44 pm

I heard A Minnock, D MCGrath and B Lacey were on board with B Murphy, ANY TRUTH ?
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Minors Leinster Champions 2013   Kildare Minors Leinster Champions 2013 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 8:54 pm

Interesting reading on the whole BM debate in Todays Kildare Nationalist. I think the Writer concerned was no doubt reading this Forum of late.
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Minors Leinster Champions 2013   Kildare Minors Leinster Champions 2013 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 9:59 pm

Must have a read of that
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Minors Leinster Champions 2013   Kildare Minors Leinster Champions 2013 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 7:54 pm

Any word on Trials ?
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Minors Leinster Champions 2013   Kildare Minors Leinster Champions 2013 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 9:38 pm

An email was sent to the clubs looking for names and I think tomorrow is the cut off point so it looks like next weekend
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Minors Leinster Champions 2013   Kildare Minors Leinster Champions 2013 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 4:41 pm

Thanks for that..
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Minors Leinster Champions 2013   Kildare Minors Leinster Champions 2013 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 7:36 pm

I see Brian Lacey is now official. Good move IMO. Should be plenty of Towers Lads involved now Voda Very Happy
Best of luck to him.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Minors Leinster Champions 2013   Kildare Minors Leinster Champions 2013 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 9:26 pm

SeamusMurphy wrote:
I see Brian Lacey is now official. Good move IMO. Should be plenty of Towers Lads involved now Voda Very Happy
Best of luck to him.
only 2 towers players on trails this saturday
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Minors Leinster Champions 2013   Kildare Minors Leinster Champions 2013 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 9:38 pm

fone

I asked a question: How many did Towers nominate ?

Never got a response. Can only presume its 2.

Could explain a lot
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Minors Leinster Champions 2013   Kildare Minors Leinster Champions 2013 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare Minors Leinster Champions 2013
Page 1 of 21Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next