Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

KEVIN FEELEY

Go down 
+4
KFSAM
Athyman
Ohtoohtobe
bk 1
8 posters
AuthorMessage
bk 1
Senior
Senior

KEVIN FEELEY Empty
PostSubject: KEVIN FEELEY   KEVIN FEELEY Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 3:36 am

well done 2 kevin on signing for charlton, he a lovely fella with a good head on his shoulders, i really hope he goes a long way and some we see him in the green of Ireland
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

KEVIN FEELEY Empty
PostSubject: Re: KEVIN FEELEY   KEVIN FEELEY Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 3:53 am

Shyte. I opened this thread hoping to read he'd be playing with Kildare next year. Best of luck to him all the same.
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

KEVIN FEELEY Empty
PostSubject: Re: KEVIN FEELEY   KEVIN FEELEY Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 6:36 am

Best of luck Kevin
Back to top Go down
KFSAM
Senior
Senior
KFSAM

KEVIN FEELEY Empty
PostSubject: Re: KEVIN FEELEY   KEVIN FEELEY Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 9:20 am

Best of luck to the lad. We'll all follow his career closely and wish him the very best of luck.
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

KEVIN FEELEY Empty
PostSubject: Re: KEVIN FEELEY   KEVIN FEELEY Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 9:47 pm

He was in graces of naas last night celebrating his new contract with all of the athy lads, he is starting with charlton on Monday
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

KEVIN FEELEY Empty
PostSubject: Re: KEVIN FEELEY   KEVIN FEELEY Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 4:11 am

Hope it works out for him, its hard to make the break trough. Hope he can.
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

KEVIN FEELEY Empty
PostSubject: Re: KEVIN FEELEY   KEVIN FEELEY Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 5:39 am

He has the talent and the correct attitude he wil
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

KEVIN FEELEY Empty
PostSubject: Re: KEVIN FEELEY   KEVIN FEELEY Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 8:31 pm

Fantastic opportunity for him. A class act.
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star
if_in_doubt

KEVIN FEELEY Empty
PostSubject: Re: KEVIN FEELEY   KEVIN FEELEY Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 6:35 am

Hopefully it works out for him, can't have been an easy decision to make but he'll probably have a better chance of making the breakthrough at Charlton than at a club like Everton (not definite if they offered him a contract though?).

Might make it into the first team before the end of the season if he settles quickly over there, although the defence they have at the moment is doing pretty well, even though the team is still only mid table.

Heard Bohs are getting around €50,000 from this, not too bad a deal and I'd say it's only a matter of time before he's involved with the Irish under 21 squad too.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

KEVIN FEELEY Empty
PostSubject: Re: KEVIN FEELEY   KEVIN FEELEY Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 4:22 am

It would have been a fairly easy decision for Kevin to make... soccer has always been his first love. Waterford city is massive into soccer. Very gifted hurler too and had they stayed down there and not been picked up by a cross-channel club, that's where he'd be making his name. Wish him the best, Charlton are progressive under Chris Powell, trying to consolidate after promotion last year, will be targeting the EPL in the next couple of years I'd say
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

KEVIN FEELEY Empty
PostSubject: Re: KEVIN FEELEY   KEVIN FEELEY Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 6:47 am

Thanks Ogie, thats eh very informative Shocked
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

KEVIN FEELEY Empty
PostSubject: Re: KEVIN FEELEY   KEVIN FEELEY Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 4:53 am

You're eh welcome lily (not sure the context of the shocked emoticon though)
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star
if_in_doubt

KEVIN FEELEY Empty
PostSubject: Re: KEVIN FEELEY   KEVIN FEELEY Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 11:17 am

Taken from the Evening Herald last week.

Feely aiming to hit heights at Valley

By Aidan Fitzmaurice Friday November 30 2012

FORMER Bohemians defender Kevin Feely has already swapped the quiet charms of his Kildare home for the bright lights of London, and the 20-year-old has now set his sights on making it in the Championship with Charlton Athletic.

The January transfer window is bound to have quite a lot of Irish involvement.

A number of League of Ireland players are already on trial with clubs across the water, and players like Sean Maguire (Waterford), Kevin Dawson (Shelbourne), Ryan Brennan (Drogheda), Stephen McLaughlin and Barry McNamee (Derry City) are being screened by British teams.

Bohs man Feely is the first player from the league here to secure a contract with a foreign club since the end of the 2012 season, as the Gyspies confirmed this week the club had agreed a deal with Charlton to sell the player, though international transfer regulations mean that Feely won't officially become an Addicks player until January 1.

But the Kildare lad has already taken the first step by moving over to London, his new home since last Sunday, as he tries to get his fitness up to a level where he can force his way into the plans of Charlton boss Chris Powell.

"It's a big step, going from the league at home to the Championship, but I have had a bit of time at the club already and I certainly feel I can make an impact in the first team here before the end of the season," Feely told the Evening Herald.

"Because the deal can't officially go through until the New Year, I can't play in proper matches, even reserve games over here yet. But I will work hard on my fitness in the next month and make sure that I am ready to go in January.

"It's going to be hard to make it into the first team over here but I know it can be done. You had someone like Keith Fahey, who came from St Pat's and went straight into the first team at Birmingham without any bother, so I'd be hoping to follow the example of someone like Keith," added Feely, who made a big impression at Bohs last term, his debut season in the League of Ireland.

"I have been training with the U21 squad since I moved over last week and I can see that it is a high standard but I feel I can get there. I think the big difference between the league at home and the Championship in England is the fitness and the pace of the game. Once I can get my fitness up to their level I am sure the rest will come.

"I know I won't walk into the first team here but I feel I can at least get into the first-team squad, hopefully get a few appearances before the end of the season and then see what happens next season."

His form in the Bohs defence sparked interest from England, and Charlton, Stoke City and Peterborough United all had him over on trials while Everton were also keeping tabs on the player - Toffees manager David Moyes is an old team-mate of Bohs boss Aaron Callaghan - though the only formal offer came from Charlton.

"It's a relief to have it sorted," says Feely, who has signed a two-year deal. "I had been on a lot of trials but nothing concrete was happening in terms of contracts so when Charlton said they had a deal to offer me, I was glad to sign it and make the move.

"It's a big move, going from Kildare to somewhere like London. The club have sorted me out accommodation with a couple of lads from the U21 team and I don't have a car yet so it's not that easy to get around, but I will find my feet in the next few weeks," added Feely, who admits that the move to Charlton has forced him to shelve one of his ambitions - winning a Leinster title with his native county.

"I really enjoyed playing Gaelic, but that's in the past for now," says the former Kildare minor star, who had been on the fringes of the county senior panel for the 2012 championship season before he opted to concentrate on his career with Bohs.

"I achieved all I could at this stage, I won things with my club and got to play for the county minors.

"It's nice to leave the GAA on a good note and, who knows, I could be back in the Kildare shirt some day.

"I will still be watching the lads next season and I hope 2013 is the year they go on and win the Leinster title."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

KEVIN FEELEY Empty
PostSubject: Re: KEVIN FEELEY   KEVIN FEELEY Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

KEVIN FEELEY
Page 1 of 1