Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kevin McStay

Go down 
+36
if_in_doubt
Lilywhite forever
Kaiser Sóze
shayfinn
Come on the Boys in Blue
Derfil
stanley
Dara
Could'nt Trap Cement
ripvanwinkle
walsheman
carburyman
tomcruise
kartman
bob12
kildarecat
rgb
flourman
Ogie
KILL BILL
Ohtoohtobe
hawker
Rex
peile
Sam1928
Onhisboot
whitetop
Lily8
browser
Stonecold
jnrwhite
Dinny Breen
geezerslilywhites
Jimmy winning matches
gaaweb
kickingking
40 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

Kevin McStay Empty
PostSubject: Kevin McStay   Kevin McStay Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 9:16 am

Kildare have no "naturally accurate forwards"

"There's a touch of the hail Mary's about some of them points"

The hotzone???

Discuss.......
Back to top Go down
gaaweb
Senior
Senior

Kevin McStay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kevin McStay   Kevin McStay Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 9:18 am

Was waiting for someone to mention it first, Joe Bolly did put him in his place about the forwards. But the usual nonsense having said kildare weren't a 'good' team because 'good' teams shoot from the hotzone, he then tipped them to win....

Confused...
Back to top Go down

Kevin McStay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kevin McStay   Kevin McStay Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 9:19 am

I hope them lads Kildare lads are watching ... Stick it up their holes next week
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

Kevin McStay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kevin McStay   Kevin McStay Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 9:21 am

what about the mayo forwards fall apart when see croke park
Back to top Go down
geezerslilywhites
Junior C
Junior C

Kevin McStay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kevin McStay   Kevin McStay Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 9:25 am

must say i wouldnt have a lot of time for McStay, used to think he was quite good to listen to but now feel he really doesnt talk much sense. Only saw bits of the analysis from the Derry game last week but from what i could hear mcstay was every bit as bad as flynn. Just my opinion.
And also last year he made the comment that Kerry werent in a good place after beating meath in the semi-final, i mean i know they didnt play great that day but where was going with that.
Back to top Go down
Dinny Breen
Senior
Senior
Dinny Breen

Kevin McStay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kevin McStay   Kevin McStay Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 9:25 am

Should one point out to him we're the top scores in the championship with the top scorer to boot.

He was probably asked to provide a negative about Kildare, we have had kicked some bad wides and while he could have provided better analysis he was actually a valid point.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

Kevin McStay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kevin McStay   Kevin McStay Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 9:28 am

"There's a touch of the hail Mary's about some of them points"

That's the one that confused me. Leper, Jimmers and Flynner kicked points from forty yards plus yesterday. Leper's first in particular was an absolute gem with the outside of the right foot.

They bemoan the lack of players able to kick long range points yet when lads go for them it's "poor shot selection". If the opposition flood their defence which most teams do nowadays, it's very hard to work the ball into the hotzone (wtf is the hotzone?! Brolly was having a good chuckle to himself!). Unless the ball is delivered quickly into the full-forward line anyone who gets the ball around the D normally has two or three fellas hanging out of him when he's trying to kick a score.
Back to top Go down
jnrwhite
Intermediate
Intermediate
jnrwhite

Kevin McStay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kevin McStay   Kevin McStay Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 9:28 am

"no naturally accurate forwards" Rolling Eyes The kids finally lost it
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

Kevin McStay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kevin McStay   Kevin McStay Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 9:29 am

Gonna open a can of whup ass on Kevin McStay............

1-16 against Louth
0-15 against Antrim first day
1-15 against Antrim in the replay
1-12 against Leitrim
2-17 against Derry
1-15 against Monaghan

Kevin can kiss my candy ass.................
Back to top Go down
browser
Junior A
Junior A

Kevin McStay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kevin McStay   Kevin McStay Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 9:34 am

Stonecold...thats only an average of 18 points a game. Not bad for inaccurate forwards and defenders.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

Kevin McStay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kevin McStay   Kevin McStay Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 9:36 am

"The Hotzone"

It sounds like a bad nightclub in Kiltimagh! Laughing
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

Kevin McStay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kevin McStay   Kevin McStay Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 9:38 am

Kevin McStay Hotzone
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

Kevin McStay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kevin McStay   Kevin McStay Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 9:40 am

Kevin McStay 1hotzone
Kevin McStay Hotzone

Last edited by kickingking on Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

Kevin McStay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kevin McStay   Kevin McStay Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 9:40 am

U know if Cooper or Cavanagh kicked some of those scores he was on about he would be raving about their skill levels.................................

To hell with them beat Leinster champs, Munster champs & Ulster champs on our way to sam..... gimme a hell yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

Kevin McStay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kevin McStay   Kevin McStay Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 9:42 am

Kevin McStay BK_HotZone_coverlg
Back to top Go down
Lily8
All-Star
All-Star
Lily8

Kevin McStay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kevin McStay   Kevin McStay Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 10:15 am

McStay would sicken ya alright. no "naturally accurate forwards" yet 2 of them were up for all stars last year. i was glad to see that at least brolly pointed out that smith and kavanagh are. mcstay talks a lot of bull. hopefully we'll shut them all up next week with another win
Back to top Go down
whitetop
Junior A
Junior A

Kevin McStay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kevin McStay   Kevin McStay Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 10:19 am

In fairness that so called hot point is typically where every scoring forward would like to see themselves with the ball, however this hotzone will not be able to come in to play with any of the better teams because tight defences wont let it so, its alright to say you should get the ball into the hotzone when your playing ,lets face it, bad teams. this will not happen against the creme de la creme....which i consider everyteam in the top 8 of this years championship to be (meath are better than louth)
Back to top Go down
Onhisboot
Intercounty
Intercounty
Onhisboot

Kevin McStay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kevin McStay   Kevin McStay Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 10:31 am

Well said kickingking, what a load of tosh from mcstay, 1st time i've ever heard a team being critised for kicking long range scores, wtf!, Even Spillane talks more sense than McStay these days.
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

Kevin McStay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kevin McStay   Kevin McStay Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 7:43 pm

Very disappointed in the rte analysis last night. They show the highlights and bang straight away the analysis is about bad kildare wides.

If that wasnt bad enough then they call our long range shooting with some of the best points by a kildare team in croker park in many a year as "having a touch of the hail Marys"

Let them off. The facts speak for themselves. If we keep racking up scores like that it makes a mockery of their analysis.

HOT ZONE????...Most likely this is the airspace around McStays head due to amount of hot air he bellows out in his analysis.
Back to top Go down
peile
Intercounty
Intercounty
peile

Kevin McStay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kevin McStay   Kevin McStay Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 7:49 pm

Coman Goggins is a breath of fresh air. Knows more about football and the reading of a game than the rest of the so called pundits put together.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

Kevin McStay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kevin McStay   Kevin McStay Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 8:23 pm

That was shocking from Mcstay last night. Every time we are on the Sunday game it's the same old sterotype. We have no forwards, we rely on J.D, Dermot has no partner in midfield, the team we are playing are no good because of... well pick your reason.

To be honest it's cringeworthy stuff at times. If your not from Kerry, Tyrone, Dublin, Cork or any Connacht County you don't exist.

The hail Mary line was staggering in it's ignorance. I suppose Dooher's "famous" out side of the boot from all angles is not a hail Mary. How many times do you see a Meath man having a go from miles out. Cork were shooting from Everywhere. But that's skill if they do it, us it's basically an out of options hit and hope.

He even said just before they moved on under his breath "looking good for Kerry now".
Give them the cup now I'll keep my ticket money.

McStay you plonker.
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

Kevin McStay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kevin McStay   Kevin McStay Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 10:06 pm

Did anybody hear Keith Barr on RTE Radion 1 on Saturday, like do RTE have no money to get a decent pundit, even Eamon Dunphy who knows f*ck all about GAA could throw more cliches out that that muppet.

And they saddle poor auld Michael O Muircheartaigh with Bernard Flynn, poor old Micheal didn't know what to make of his comments by the sounds of it.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

Kevin McStay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kevin McStay   Kevin McStay Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 11:49 pm

I heard the second half commentary of the Louth game (left at half time it was all over) as I drove home.

Micháel states Louth are getting back into it, in pops Flynn "they were until thirty seconds ago" Que long awkward pause from Micháel.
Back to top Go down
hawker
Intercounty
Intercounty

Kevin McStay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kevin McStay   Kevin McStay Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 8:26 am

Lads and lassies, I think Kildare get a raw deal in all sectors of the media. Frankly I have a pain in my lunchbox with it. For example I buy the examiner eveyday and for the past 5 weeks they have done an article on every other qualifier games except ours. I was fuming after it.

McStay was talking horsesh1te if ya ask me. As other posters pointed out if it was Cooper or Cavanagh who scored them they would have been fantastic points. RTE have been blowing on for years about how reliant Kildare are on John Doyle. Then Johnny goes and ha an off day and we go and kick hail mary scores. Fook that for a racket.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

Kevin McStay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kevin McStay   Kevin McStay Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 8:34 am

Happened again tonight, Dara O'Sea on Off the Ball said that no one in the country would know any player on Kildare team apart from J.D and Dermot. I expected more from him but the ignorance prevails.
Like I can rattle off everybody on the Roscommon team or on the Down team

On the last word all the other matches of the weekend were discussed then we got ten seconds as they ran out of time.

They'll know about us soon enough.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kevin McStay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kevin McStay   Kevin McStay Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kevin McStay
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next