Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cavan forward moving to D**lin

Go down 
+9
bag of white
Loads of Pints
kelf
walsheman
Taibi
ohluckyme
TommyKeegan
ChopperDalton
BelieveToAchieve
13 posters
AuthorMessage
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

Cavan forward moving to D**lin Empty
PostSubject: Cavan forward moving to D**lin   Cavan forward moving to D**lin Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 7:59 pm

http://www.anglocelt.ie/sport/gaelicfootball/articles/2013/02/27/4014640-keating-set-for-dublin-switch/

Will be very interesting to see how many obstacles are put in front of this guy. Will the ethos brigade be out campaigning like annoying orange men?

Id say this one will slip through unnoticed.
Back to top Go down
ChopperDalton
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Cavan forward moving to D**lin   Cavan forward moving to D**lin Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 10:03 pm

He most likely lives in Dublin and the article doesn't say he is switching inter county team
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Cavan forward moving to D**lin   Cavan forward moving to D**lin Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 10:29 pm

Very presumptuous defence!
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Cavan forward moving to D**lin   Cavan forward moving to D**lin Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 11:39 pm

I'm told it may have to do with a job (in the sense Cavan couldn't get him work and a club in Dublin could) but he won't be changing for intercounty purposes and will continue to play for native county. Andy Mallon of Armagh has moved to a Dublin club as well, but won't be changing intercounty teams either.
Back to top Go down
ohluckyme
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Cavan forward moving to D**lin   Cavan forward moving to D**lin Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 7:45 am

Even closer to home TK is the transfer of Jason Philips Moorefield to Round Towers Dublin and the imminent transfer of Brian Mullaly Rathangan to ?????? €€€€€ depending
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Cavan forward moving to D**lin   Cavan forward moving to D**lin Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 7:53 am

Not something I've ever liked. Of course there are genuine cases for distance reasons and so on, but the GAA really need to look at certain Dublin clubs. Can't remember where I saw it suggested, but limiting the number of non-Dublin intercounty players per club to one each would be a start. There are enough clubs to share the love in that sense, but wonder if it would still happen as the cash isn't spread so evenly.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Cavan forward moving to D**lin   Cavan forward moving to D**lin Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 10:34 am

Doubt it, surely he can spell his own name.
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Cavan forward moving to D**lin   Cavan forward moving to D**lin Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 10:39 am

Taibi wrote:
Doubt it, surely he can spell his own name.
also debatable
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Cavan forward moving to D**lin   Cavan forward moving to D**lin Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 8:54 am

Dosent matter who goes where. They won't get the abuse that Johnson got.

What reason is Mullally giving for wanting to train in Dublin?
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Cavan forward moving to D**lin   Cavan forward moving to D**lin Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 10:18 am

That Keating transfer has been cleared & no investigation by Cavan or those "ETHOS" heads !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Loads of Pints
All-Star
All-Star
Loads of Pints

PostSubject: Re: Cavan forward moving to D**lin   Cavan forward moving to D**lin Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 11:02 am

what a pathetic thread, are we now going to be updated any time a club transfer happens in the GAA? Is Keating transfering clubs for the sole purpose of playing for Dublin? No

Dont use the personal circumstances of an amateur player who is well within his rights by the rules of the game to suit your agenda of an argument that has been finished months ago. Disgrace
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Cavan forward moving to D**lin   Cavan forward moving to D**lin Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 11:17 am

What gives you a right to tell people what they can or can't discuss in a public forum?

If ya don't like what's being written. Don't f***in read it!
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Cavan forward moving to D**lin   Cavan forward moving to D**lin Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 11:46 am

There are hundreds of transfers & sanctions but what is notable about this one id that Cavan CB sign if off without question after making susch a fuss last year and Liam O'Neill and co just rubber stamp it.

Where is the harm in pointing out their double standards.

I am not accusing Keating of being bought like some accused players joining some Dublin clubs.
Back to top Go down
bag of white
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Cavan forward moving to D**lin   Cavan forward moving to D**lin Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 8:44 pm

kelf wrote:

There are hundreds of transfers & sanctions but what is notable about this one id that Cavan CB sign if off without question after making susch a fuss last year and Liam O'Neill and co just rubber stamp it.

Where is the harm in pointing out their double standards.

I am not accusing Keating of being bought like some accused players joining some Dublin clubs.

Perhaps the circumstances are different. There could be a genuine reason for the move.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Cavan forward moving to D**lin   Cavan forward moving to D**lin Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 10:01 pm

Who cares anymore. Seanie is one of us now and even made it onto 2 teams of the week on monday so even the media seem to have got over it. Transfers always seem to go through quickly if there is no opposition from the club the player is leaving.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Cavan forward moving to D**lin   Cavan forward moving to D**lin Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 10:32 pm

No so sure media got over it, just that there was nothing left to say.
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Cavan forward moving to D**lin   Cavan forward moving to D**lin Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 10:38 pm

Some of our own supporters were abusing Seanie on Sunday last. The winning point in the Leinster final might win them over.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Cavan forward moving to D**lin   Cavan forward moving to D**lin Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 10:45 pm

Some of our own abuse any player they deem not good enough, but then they would be knuckle draggers. I expect Conway will be the new scapegoat soon if not already.

"Not sure the media got over it" hardly taking it personally where they or is that a rhetorical question.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Cavan forward moving to D**lin   Cavan forward moving to D**lin Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 10:58 pm

Maybe "got over it" was not the best phrase but they have lost interest in it at this stage it seems. By the way the Daily Star picked Conway at no 6 on their team of the week so maybe they dont know as much about football as they think!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cavan forward moving to D**lin   Cavan forward moving to D**lin Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 11:24 pm

TommyKeegan wrote:
No so sure media got over it, just that there was nothing left to say.

What exactly is there to "get over" Tommy.

Your views on this are nauseating at this stage. Those who were most vocal about Seanie's transfer were the hacks who never kicked a ball but yet claim to know what its like to be an elite player.

What made your views all the more nauseating was the fact that you took the "look at me, I'm a Kildare man and I'm outraged at this" kind of sensational writing.

You never touched on the way the GAA handled the whole transfer despite Seanie and Kildare meeting all the criteria for the transfer to be far smoother than it should have been. You never touched on the rule being rushed in congress to also prevent the transfer, this same rule which was relaxed for the London Footballers. No you failed to touch on any of those.

Were you afraid your press pass was going to be revoked?

The GAA hacks sicken my stomach sometimes the way they tow the line and fail to ask the real questions. For example the inconsistency of referees and refereeing decision which costs team who have trained all year and county boards who have invested a lot of money an effort. Why won't the GAA introduce better trained goal umpires.

Have you asked questions of the GAA about the new sideline rules which prevent adequate medical personnel being present on the sideline for games. This on the foot of yet another tragedy in Kildare after a Grange game at the weekend. No I would guess you haven't as this doesn't generate paper sales or blog views.

And for the record and I have stated all along that I was not entirely comfortable with the SJ transfer but the way it was handled in the media was nothing short of harassment and bullying of SJ and his family.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Cavan forward moving to D**lin   Cavan forward moving to D**lin Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 11:58 pm

Here we go again. Yawn, so this will be my only reply on it.

Firstly, that argument about journalists not having kicked a ball themselves is so stupid. Should only former politicians be allowed comment on politics? Indeed a lot of former players actually can't read a game as you'll see by pundits and columnists in all sports.

Secondly, sensationalist writing, I think you need to look that up because that was never once the case, I just took a stand on something I saw as wrong and explained as much using logic and facts (doesn't prove right or wrong but certainly not sensationalist).

As for my press pass being revoked, you really haven't a notion as I've been one of the more critical journalists regarding various aspects of the GAA I felt were wrong across recent years. This is a stance that has made me not exactly popular in some Croke Park circles and left me unable to get into some games late in year.

Finally, harassment and bullying? Get over yourself, if you want to know, during it all I text Johnston twice and explained that it was nothing personal and I actually like him as a person. He thanked me for the texts. Plus I never wrote a line about his personality and kept it purely football as I agree, he is still an amateur.

So despite the agenda-driven rant, there it is taken down brick by brick. Easy to go off on one with a straw-man argument when not knowing the reality.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cavan forward moving to D**lin   Cavan forward moving to D**lin Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 12:15 am

TommyKeegan wrote:
Here we go again. Yawn, so this will be my only reply on it.

Firstly, that argument about journalists not having kicked a ball themselves is so stupid. Should only former politicians be allowed comment on politics? Indeed a lot of former players actually can't read a game as you'll see by pundits and columnists in all sports.

Why is it stupid. Would a former TD's comments on politics not be more informed than those of a journalist standing outside Leinster House looking in?

This has nothing to do with reading a game. This is to do with being an elite player and wanting to play at the top level you can. I think we can both agree that SJ is an elite player. Can you relate to the level of footballing talent he has and the ability he has to play at the top level. And his desire to play at the top level.

And for whatever reason is not doing so. (In Cavan)

I actually have a lot of admiration for him after what he done and went through to do it. He has one hell of a belief in his own ability. How stupid would he looked in Cavan coming down here to warm our bench.

Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Cavan forward moving to D**lin   Cavan forward moving to D**lin Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 4:56 am

Transfer & Sanctions in 2013
Central Council:
Jan 94 (3 of which were not cleared until 15 Feb)
Feb 275
Mar 6th 102
Total 471
Sanctions: (supposed & actual temporary transfers to USA & Australia)
Australia

Jan 29
Feb 71
Mar (6th) 15

USA (excl NY)
Mar 3

NY
Jan – 6 Mar 0

Connacht 9 There were some Sanctions for Under Age Hurlers to play in neighbouring Counties but these not included
Leinster 118

Ulster & Munster don’t list Transfers on their Websites (although I think both did before Leinster and stopped for whatever reasons)

Overall total based on published information and not including any within Counties of which there are many more:
Transfers 598
Sanctions 118
Total 716

Context !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
tomoneillandhissisteranne
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Cavan forward moving to D**lin   Cavan forward moving to D**lin Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 5:42 am

Heisenberg wrote:
Would a former TD's comments on politics not be more informed than those of a journalist standing outside Leinster House looking in?

Nothing to do with football but actually I think a politician (or a doctor or a lawyer or a teacher...or a sportsperson) commenting on their own profession will rarely bring objectivity or really informed opinion to their assessments. People involved in any profession tend to be part of that profession and its ethos - for better or worse.

For instance, very few politicians have been whistleblowers in political matters - going back to Watergate, to MacCarythyism or here at home to Charlie H and his doings or P Flynn or Lawlor or Ray Burke - the assessment, criticism and blowing of the whistle has come from outside politics and from journalists in the main.

You rarely hear a medical consultant question or criticise another consultant - why? Self serving...you don't pee into the tent....

That's my threepence worth (in old money) on the larger question.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cavan forward moving to D**lin   Cavan forward moving to D**lin Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cavan forward moving to D**lin
Page 1 of 1