Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Cavan

Go down 
+21
stanley
Jimmy winning matches
Onhisboot
abl
tomoneillandhissisteranne
kildaregaa365
murof
Bad News Baba
Gaa1928
Radley Park
micky murphy
flourman
SeamusMurphy
OutTheGap
Ogie
TommyKeegan
Ohtoohtobe
LillieLad
Flamingo
lillyboy
kickingking
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

Kildare v Cavan Empty
PostSubject: Kildare v Cavan   Kildare v Cavan Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 9:34 am

It's absolutely imperative now that we win this to give ourselves any chance of staying in Division 2.

Will Bolton, Smith and Flynn start?

Andrew McLoughlin's old friend Cormac Reilly will be the referee.
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Cavan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cavan   Kildare v Cavan Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 9:49 am

Huge game for a lot of people on sat. Confidence is very low going on Sundays match and unless some leaders emerge it'll be a long drive home from cavan. I'll travel in hope more than confidence but that's the joys of it.one think sport gives is the chance to redeem yourself so here's hoping they can grasp it.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Cavan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cavan   Kildare v Cavan Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 10:20 am

kickingking wrote:
It's absolutely imperative now that we win this to give ourselves any chance of staying in Division 2.

Will Bolton, Smith and Flynn start?

Andrew McLoughlin's old friend Cormac Reilly will be the referee.

Big ask to expect the lads to be really match fit but Smith up front and Bolton breaking from deep might at least give Cavan something to think about.
OR we could plod out of defense and lash it up to Big Tom where he will be swamped....
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Cavan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cavan   Kildare v Cavan Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 10:25 am

I'd start them need the best team we have available we need a win badly to lift confidence and starve off relegation.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Cavan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cavan   Kildare v Cavan Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 10:49 am

I'd say he might have to go without Hyland and Niall Kelly again because of the 48-hour gap between games. It's a bit unfair really that we're saddled with that situation while other Leinster counties have four days between their U21s and seniors being out.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Cavan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cavan   Kildare v Cavan Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 11:12 am

Ohtoohtobe wrote:
I'd say he might have to go without Hyland and Niall Kelly again because of the 48-hour gap between games. It's a bit unfair really that we're saddled with that situation while other Leinster counties have four days between their U21s and seniors being out.

Alternatively had four days between Westmeath game and under-21 game while most Leinster counties didn't.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Cavan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cavan   Kildare v Cavan Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 11:58 am

Yeah fair point but I'd still say Sunday-Wednesday-Sunday is easier to deal with than Sunday-Thursday-Saturday.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Cavan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cavan   Kildare v Cavan Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 7:21 pm

Costello ruled out for Dubs tonight after picking up an injury last Sunday.

Definitely need to pick best team available - are Smith and Bolton available at the moment though i.e. what is their state of fitness? I thought the vibe was Bolton wasn't far away? Could definitely do with him.

Would be great to have Smithy too if he was ready for an hour or 50 minutes.

I asked this before but didn't see an answer. Is Kevin Murnaghan injured?
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Cavan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cavan   Kildare v Cavan Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 8:48 pm

I think Murnaghan has a groin strain and wasn't available for the Westmeath game.

I think we need to make changes to freshen things up. I'd like to see Dan Flynn, Smith, Bolton and Podge start, fitness permitting. Here's what I'd go for (assuming Peter Kelly/Murnaghan injured and Niall Kelly/Hyland unavailable)

Donnellan
Lyons Fitzpatrick O'Grady
Doyle Conway Bolton
Dan Flynn O'Neill
P.Cribbin Flats K.Cribbin
Smith Fogarty Dowling
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Cavan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cavan   Kildare v Cavan Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 12:28 am

Wouldnt be too bad Johnny, but without Mulhall, who would kick Frees from the Right ?. Keith and Paul would have the engines to get up and down the Pitch, and hopefully leave Smithy on the 14.
Im not convince on Paudie at MidField.. a great engine, but not a fielder.
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Cavan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cavan   Kildare v Cavan Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 2:03 am

Mulhall is good at the frees on the right but I'm not sure that should guarantee him a place on the team. He loses the ball in possession too much and his decision making is poor. We haven't been getting that many scoreable frees anyway because we don't run at teams enough.

Midfield has been a real problem for a while and we don't seem to finding any solutions. Paul Cribbin did well enough around the middle on Sunday and could be an option but Tommy Moolick can't come back quick enough.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Cavan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cavan   Kildare v Cavan Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 11:16 pm

Johnny I hear what your saying about Mulhall, Im not sure about His Ball Winning ability inside, which is where We need Him.. In saying that we cant afford not to have a Left Footed Free taker.. I have seen us lose Matches in the past because of this.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Cavan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cavan   Kildare v Cavan Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 11:19 pm

SeamusMurphy wrote:
.. I have seen us lose Matches in the past because of this.

Like last year's final Championship game?
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Cavan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cavan   Kildare v Cavan Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 11:35 pm

remember lads he doesn't react the best under pressure and i would question his abiliy on the big days in pressure situations as has been shown even for Athy he has missed the most basic frees when under pressure . . .
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Cavan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cavan   Kildare v Cavan Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 11:48 pm

In fairness to Darroch He has lots of Ability, and fair point mickey on "the pressure".. Personally I think He is very much a confidence Player, and if thats knocked, He is better off on the sideline.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Cavan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cavan   Kildare v Cavan Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 11:53 pm

micky murphy wrote:
remember lads he doesn't react the best under pressure and i would question his abiliy on the big days in pressure situations as has been shown even for Athy he has missed the most basic frees when under pressure . . .

Then again, didn't he kick a last minute 45 into the Hill in a Leinster final?
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Cavan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cavan   Kildare v Cavan Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 2:00 am

Put him inside where he works off someone and is a finisher. Out the field he loses it far too often.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Cavan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cavan   Kildare v Cavan Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 2:17 am

Cavan 8/11, Kildare 11/8, Draw 15/2.
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Cavan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cavan   Kildare v Cavan Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2015 1:49 am

1 Mark Donnellan Maynooth
2 Ollie Lyons Celbridge
3 Ciaran Fitzpatrick Kilcock
4 Mick O Grady Celbridge
5 Keith Cribbin Johnstownbridge
6 Fergal Conway Celbridge
7 Eoin Doyle Naas
8 Hugh Lynch Confey
9 Paul Cribbin Johnstownbridge
10 Daniel Flynn Johnstownbridge
11 Eoghan O Flaherty Carbury
12 Padraig O Neill St Laurences
13 Fionn Dowling Suncroft
14 Tomas O Connor Clane
15 Eamon Callaghan Naas
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Cavan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cavan   Kildare v Cavan Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2015 1:50 am

Thats the team lads I'd say Paudi and Paul will switch but hope they don't...Hope we get rid of the all out defensive system we've played all year and actually go for it.
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Cavan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cavan   Kildare v Cavan Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2015 1:52 am

Only 1 change in personnel: Dan Flynn for Mulhall. Hard to believe we can play so bad against Westmeath and only make 1 change...
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Cavan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cavan   Kildare v Cavan Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2015 2:23 am

So Cavan who will play with a swamp defense will have Tomas and Fionn to worry about inside as I'm sure Leper will pull out the field.
Not much pace from 8 up either which is needed against the blanket. Realistically only P Cribbin and a hardly match fit Flynn would cause them any bother.
Not confident at all...
Back to top Go down
Radley Park
Intermediate
Intermediate
Radley Park

Kildare v Cavan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cavan   Kildare v Cavan Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2015 3:11 am

That's not the worst team that Kildare have fielded, a;though there is a distinct lack of pace in the forwards but as JohnnyC says only one change from Westmeath game after playing so bad...what must the rest of the guys - outside of the 24 that Ryan has given game time in the league to - on the panel who are not getting game time be thinking? Even more bizarre is that these 24 players have all played their parts in Kildare losing all three league games so far.

That's not to say that changes should be made for the sake of changes, after all club delegates voted for change which the Co Board went with back in September 2013 and there was no alternative plan to fall back on - look what has happened to date...same applies for Ryan here - he can't make changes if those changes are not going to better what he already has/is using but of those changes that he is making you'd hope that there would be some sense/reasoning behind them rather than hope.

But in saying that I'm really thinking that Ryan himseld doesn't know what he's actually thinking or wanting. It never surprises me when I see a wing-forward/centre-forward named in the corner, or a wing-forward switched to wing-back, or a midfielder named at wing-forward etc. GAA players are supposed to be mobile and adaptable amongst other things but very few of them are masters of more than one trade. Honestly, I think that after 18-odd months in the job, as well as the year he spent under Kieran McGeeney, that he should know the nucleus of his side and where they play/perform best, not mixing it up every game more in hope of finding a remedy to a worrying problem.

Anyhow, Kildare to win by a couple of points - backs to the walls stuff, call to arms etc etc #hopefully
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Cavan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cavan   Kildare v Cavan Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2015 3:25 am

Looks like North Kildare to me, Shocked Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Cavan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cavan   Kildare v Cavan Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2015 3:44 am

JohnnyC wrote:
Only 1 change in personnel: Dan Flynn for Mulhall. Hard to believe we can play so bad against Westmeath and only make 1 change...

Cant understand it either.. It dosent seem to matter what some Fellas do, or dont do, they wont be dropped.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kildare v Cavan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cavan   Kildare v Cavan Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Cavan
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next