Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Cavan

Go down 
+21
stanley
Jimmy winning matches
Onhisboot
abl
tomoneillandhissisteranne
kildaregaa365
murof
Bad News Baba
Gaa1928
Radley Park
micky murphy
flourman
SeamusMurphy
OutTheGap
Ogie
TommyKeegan
Ohtoohtobe
LillieLad
Flamingo
lillyboy
kickingking
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Cavan - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cavan   Kildare v Cavan - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2015 12:59 am

Would be great to have Peter back next week. Anybody know how Tommy Moolick is progressing after his knee injury?
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cavan   Kildare v Cavan - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2015 1:57 am

Once again can't judge as I'm adout foreign but is there anyone for the chop. Just Id prefer K Cribbin in the half forwards. We have the likes of P Kelly coming back so defense will be in better order. Just think his pace and work rate is better used in a more advanced role.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cavan   Kildare v Cavan - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2015 2:35 am

laois 2 -17 roscommon 0-16

Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cavan   Kildare v Cavan - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2015 2:45 am

Fuck Laois won thats a bad result for us!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cavan   Kildare v Cavan - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2015 2:47 am

Allianz FL Division 2
Laois 2-17 Roscommon 0-16, O'Moore Park - FT
Down 1-17 Galway 1-16, Pairc Esler - FT

Not a good set of results for us. I was hoping that Galway would keep on winning and Laois keep losing so both would not have much to play for when we met them. Add in the chances of a backlash from Roscommon next week and it will be very difficult to get enough points to stay up but hopefully last night was the turning point we needed.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cavan   Kildare v Cavan - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2015 2:52 am

It just goes to show how little there is between the 8 teams in this division. We're more than capable of going on a good run if we can build on the positives from last night. It's very important now that we finish the league strongly to build some momentum and restore some confidence.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cavan   Kildare v Cavan - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2015 2:59 am

Down           4   6   +5
Meath          3   4   +9
Galway        3  4   +4
W'meath      4  4   -4
R'common  3  3   -3
Cavan          4  3   -4
Laois           3   2  -3
Kildare        4   2   -4

Were Roscommon to beat Meath and Laois to beat Galway in postponed games, we could still go up!
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cavan   Kildare v Cavan - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2015 3:01 am

Flamingo, there are a number of players looking likely to be outing the first team come championship. I'd say Hugh Lynch, Fionn Dowling, Eamon Callaghan, Ciaran Fitzpatrick (though not a starter last night) and possibly Mick O'Grady.

The Laois (and even Down) results are bad for us as we are now clear favourites for the drop. We'll need 2 wins out of 3 to have any chance and that's a tall order on current form. However the division is full of similarly good /(bad) teams and it could even come down to the lottery of whether we finish level with a team that beat us or one that we beat. Down are looking in good shape for promotion now as are Meath but it's pretty bunched up.
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
Bad News Baba

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cavan   Kildare v Cavan - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2015 3:08 am

Bad results for us today, next week is another do or die. Shows like Tyrone last year how costly that collapse against Down has been.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cavan   Kildare v Cavan - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2015 5:02 am

kildare to play roscommon (h) laois (a) galway (a)

laois to play meath (a) galway(a) kildare(h) down(a)

cavan to play galway( a) westmeath (h) meath (a)

roscommon to play kildare (a) meath (h) galway (h) westmeath (a)

westmeath to play down(H) cavan (A) roscommom (h)
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cavan   Kildare v Cavan - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2015 5:45 am

I was in Portlaoise - they were much improved. Dominated Roscommon in the middle and Kingston caused a lot of problems.

I suppose you consider those results bad if you're fearing relegation. They're good if you're hoping for a little better. And only when they're all done will you know which! If they'd have beaten Down like they should have, there'd be five teams at the top on four... savage competitive and it's the league where mad things happen because we just don't know what everyone is doing. See Dublin so dead after wanting to go to war the week before. And Kerry the same. And Westmeath hammered after a good enough start. And Louth after winning a couple of games, being mauled by Sligo who had lost all three.

Anyway, if you win your remaining games you'll go up probably. Again though, it's a tough ask. Not impossible. Start with Roscommon next week - I was a bit disappointed in them today, I expected more and definitely expected them to win.
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cavan   Kildare v Cavan - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2015 9:15 am

Don't understand how people think the results today are bad for us, I think the opposite and only 2 points separating 7 teams what more could you ask for??? Tis crazy but still all to play for
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cavan   Kildare v Cavan - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2015 9:31 am

The way we''re playing lately Id be happy to fecking survive in division 2 so therefore in my opinion the results are bad for us. I hope to god I'm wrong and we can put together a late promotion charge.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cavan   Kildare v Cavan - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2015 10:07 am

Thoughts of promotion are a bit fanciful at this stage but six points should be enough to stay up regardless of how things went today and that is achievable. Our next two were always going to be crucial. If we beat Roscommon that brings them right back down into the relegation dogfight. Laois have a game in hand but have a very tough run in with away trips to Navan, Newry and Galway. If we win in Portlaoise they will have to win at least two of those away games to have any chance of finishing ahead of us. Cavan and to a lesser extent Westmeath are also far from out of the woods.

No team in this division inspires any confidence and there's bound to be a few twists and turns yet. Kildare can't do anything about the poor start now, a few wins in the next month to gather a bit of momentum would be a good return considering where we were before last night but we will have to improve again.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cavan   Kildare v Cavan - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2015 10:17 am

I think thoughts of promotion are fanciful in the extreme because even if we won all three games we might finish level with Down or Meath for a promotion spot and we've lost to both.
If you gave me the chance to stay up now I'd take your arm off. The Roscommon game is suddenly looking far more winnable than it did and that would leave us needing to beat Galway or Laois away. The big question is will six points be enough? I think it would, providing the head-to-heads favour us, as they likely will if we beat the Rossies and Laois. Big "if" though.
Best to focus solely on beating Roscommon.
Back to top Go down
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star
lilywhites on tour

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cavan   Kildare v Cavan - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2015 10:42 am

Thanks be to god we got a win. Especially given the manner of the game, we won dirty. Lots of improvement to do (goes without saying) but at least confidence will lift somewhat. Promotion looks to be gone completely, and once again we find ourselves in a difficult position (when is it not!!) If we keep our 'side' of the bargain i.e. beat Ros, and laois its up to Galway and meath to do us some favors and a few other results to go our way. In terms of what we have learnt from yesterday, - dan flynn is a huge addition and we have dearly missed a player with the drive as he has. Paul cribben was great again yesterday, and he really showed a desire to be there. However Tommy moolicks return to midfield cannot come quick enough, we were really lacking there yesterday, although the tactic of kicking it short worked well from Donnellan. Anyone know what is the story with Daryl Flynn? I still think he can be a huge addition to the team. Onwards and upwards....................
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cavan   Kildare v Cavan - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2015 7:30 pm

Thoughts of promotion is fanciful in the extreme.

We lost at home to Westmeath. For this alone we don't deserve anything else but to be in a relegation battle, particularly when we had a 3 week break from competitive action to correct the wrongs in our game. Obviously our coaching ticket made no improvemens during this time. It's actually when team are suppose to kick on in terms of performances .

I still see us going down and the Laois game in Portlaoise will ultimately decide Our fate. I also don't accept that we don't have the players to compete and in that the blame is with the management team.

By the way we wouldn't have beaten Cavan had they 15 men on the field.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cavan   Kildare v Cavan - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2015 7:34 pm

Oh and our discipline and concession of frees seems to be getting worse by the week.

Our current management set up really is sickening me and I apologise if I seem all doom and gloom but I see no light at the bottom of the sink hole.
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cavan   Kildare v Cavan - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2015 7:59 pm

Jesus who mentioned promotion?? With our current panel Division 2 is where we belong.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cavan   Kildare v Cavan - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2015 8:49 pm

Jaysus I'd say you're a blast at parties Freddy.

As I saw someone saying to Piers Morgan the other week, you should follow the Harlem Globetrotters. They never lose.
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cavan   Kildare v Cavan - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2015 9:35 pm

I think yesterday's results are largely irrelevant to us. To get promotion you usually need to win 5 games out of the 7 and to stay up you need to win 3 out of 7. Some years it may be different but that's generally the case.

The Roscommon game is obviously key for us now. If we win we have a great chance of staying up. We weren't as defensive on Saturday as we were in the other games and I think that led to improved performances so I'd be hopeful.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cavan   Kildare v Cavan - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 12:21 am

Well you can still be defensive once you break hard and at pace. That's why the addition of Flynn and P Cribbin can't be underestimated.
And throw in Bllton to that as in fairness when he goes he really commits to a run forward.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cavan   Kildare v Cavan - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:43 am

I made the point about our Two Corner Forwards, and in fairness to Fionn and Eamon, neither are Natural Corner Forwards.. Watching Colm O Neill and Brian Hurley Performance Yesterday, both we're unreal.
Surely Smith and Mulhall would give us more here.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cavan   Kildare v Cavan - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:46 am

SeamusMurphy wrote:
I made the point about our Two Corner Forwards, and in fairness to Fionn and Eamon, neither are Natural Corner Forwards.. Watching Colm O Neill and Brian Hurley Performance Yesterday, both we're unreal.
Surely Smith and Mulhall would give us more here.

+1
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cavan   Kildare v Cavan - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 6:11 am

LillieLad wrote:
we can put together a late promotion charge.
DREAM ON
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cavan   Kildare v Cavan - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Cavan
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next