Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

seanie back to cavan geals

Go down 
+16
Stonecold
Ogie
Bad News Baba
stanley
Taibi
walsheman
Big Full Back
kickingking
Dinny Breen
TommyKeegan
losthope
jimmers
Gaa1928
johnsmyth
lilywhites on tour
Jimmy winning matches
20 posters
AuthorMessage
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

seanie  back to cavan geals Empty
PostSubject: seanie back to cavan geals   seanie  back to cavan geals Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 11:16 pm

a st kevin source has confirmed that seanie johnston put in transfer request this week &word from cavan it has granted
Back to top Go down
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star
lilywhites on tour

PostSubject: Re: seanie back to cavan geals   seanie  back to cavan geals Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 1:09 am

With the greatest respect to the man, I do not think he brought much to the table. The transfer saga ended up as a total distraction for players around the meath match last year, and they had the eye way off the ball that day.
Personally speaking, its a big "up yours" to geezer and us as kildare people because a lot of us defended the man and deemed him as one of us despite him making a complete show of kildare hurling in the coill dubh debacle. His true colours have been revealed through this latest story and at least if he does manage to return home to cavan, we can use some of our own talented natives.
He obviously hadn't envisaged being a sub for kildare when he originally transferred! It was a complete waste of time for him in truth!!
Back to top Go down
johnsmyth
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: seanie back to cavan geals   seanie  back to cavan geals Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 1:27 am

He's dead right. He helped keep us in division one and was not given a fair chance when he should have started against Tyrone. He's a Cavan man best of luck to him.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: seanie back to cavan geals   seanie  back to cavan geals Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 8:33 am

Good luck to him, only people I feel sorry for are the hard working players and members of St.Kevins/Coill Dubh who were suckered into this by people who had no interest in the betterment of St.Kevins/Coill Dubh but their own agenda with the Kildare senior team.

If he was honest he should be playing for St.Kevins next week to help ensure their senior status.
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

PostSubject: Re: seanie back to cavan geals   seanie  back to cavan geals Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 11:46 am

A complete farce from start to finish that brought credit to no one
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: seanie back to cavan geals   seanie  back to cavan geals Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 11:51 am

+1
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: seanie back to cavan geals   seanie  back to cavan geals Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 12:26 pm

Got serious abuse to the extent there are some in Kildare who haven't spoken a word to me since it all kicked off. This proves my point. At least it's over.
Back to top Go down
Dinny Breen
Senior
Senior
Dinny Breen

PostSubject: Re: seanie back to cavan geals   seanie  back to cavan geals Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 6:26 pm

TommyKeegan wrote:
Got serious abuse to the extent there are some in Kildare who haven't spoken a word to me since it all kicked off. This proves my point. At least it's over.
exactly didn't work out quite the opposite really but time to move on. strange American transfer aren't talked about at all.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: seanie back to cavan geals   seanie  back to cavan geals Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 8:18 pm

A complete circus that did no good whatsoever for Kildare football.
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: seanie back to cavan geals   seanie  back to cavan geals Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 8:45 pm

The latest tweet on it:

St. Kevin's GFC ‏@StKevinsGfc 3h

We have received a transfer request from Seanie Johnston on Friday. It has yet to be discussed. @kfmradio @kildaregaa @kfmsport
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: seanie back to cavan geals   seanie  back to cavan geals Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 8:05 am

At this stage two wrongs won't make a right. They'd be stupid to not let him go back if that's what he wants. Indeed you'd have to say Kevin's football club and Coill Dubh hurling club were completely complicit in the matter, probably out of greed at getting a very good player, so they aren't ones to be moaning at this stage either. Let him go and let's end this farce and remember never ever to repeat it.
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: seanie back to cavan geals   seanie  back to cavan geals Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 9:38 am

Hang on here now with your greed you clown, you can't help but have a dig, St Kevins did do there best to get Seanie, the same as any club in this county would, tell me different then your a lier.like all transfers from a club, they must be discussed, and it will be granted
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: seanie back to cavan geals   seanie  back to cavan geals Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 9:51 am

Agree with Zlatan here. There's not a club in the county that would have turned down the chance to have a player of Johnston's calibre. You're very naive TommyK!

Kevins should refuse him the transfer, Johnston has shown no respect for them so why should they?
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: seanie back to cavan geals   seanie  back to cavan geals Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 10:09 am

I just think personally its time to turn the page, and put this all in the past, he didn't train with us once this year, so in our eyes its hard to even see him as a Kevins player.
Back to top Go down
stanley
Intercounty
Intercounty
stanley

PostSubject: Re: seanie back to cavan geals   seanie  back to cavan geals Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 11:06 am

Blaming Kevins for the Seanie debacle is ridiculous.
McGeeney had a major role in this whole affair that made Kildare football the laughing stock of the country, and I might add, it also turned a fair few GAA followers from other counties against us.
I have heard a fair few comments regarding the Seanie transfer, from opposing and neutral supporters at games.
Thank God it is over and done with, and we can start rebuilding some credibility now.
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
Bad News Baba

PostSubject: Re: seanie back to cavan geals   seanie  back to cavan geals Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 11:27 am

Only insecure people care what other Counties think about them, it says more for that person than anything else. I for one care not a jot what some crank from a backwater village thinks in the arse end of a County I'll never want to visit.
As for Johnston he was given a chance here, it didn't work out, shit happens I'll not lose sleep over it.

Tommy the reason you got stick was because of the type of vitriolic language you used to describe the situation. I'm not sure what you expected. High fives and ass grabbing.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: seanie back to cavan geals   seanie  back to cavan geals Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 12:13 pm

Bizarre to blame St Kevin's. To be honest, I feel they are the one crowd in the thing that I feel sorry for. They deserved better for the manner they stuck their neck out for him but it obviously counted for nothing. I don't buy the embarrassment/credibility stuff at all and struggle to understand how personally people take things like this. I was hugely and publicly supportive of the guy's right to transfer and I'm not one bit embarrassed regardless of how it turned out. I've got more going on in my life anyway. I'd react exactly the same way in the morning if it was Ronaldo moving to Ballymun Kickhams.

I think Seanie got plenty opportunities and he wasn't good enough. He may have helped Kildare stay in Division 1 but he hardly did it on his own and I'm glad that the management didn't try to force him onto the side just because of the hoops they had to jump through to get the transfer approved. I always felt that they just weren't going to back down if the lad wanted the move but he was guaranteed nothing. And he couldn't force his way in. As I said, I do feel for St Kevin's though.
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: seanie back to cavan geals   seanie  back to cavan geals Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 12:35 pm

Anybody got the stats on the guy for his time at Kildare?

Inter-county transfers are part of the game and have been for years, this one was just handled badly from start to finish.
Back to top Go down
Westside
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: seanie back to cavan geals   seanie  back to cavan geals Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 12:46 pm

Ogie wrote:
Bizarre to blame St Kevin's. To be honest, I feel they are the one crowd in the thing that I feel sorry for. They deserved better for the manner they stuck their neck out for him but it obviously counted for nothing. I don't buy the embarrassment/credibility stuff at all and struggle to understand how personally people take things like this. I was hugely and publicly supportive of the guy's right to transfer and I'm not one bit embarrassed regardless of how it turned out. I've got more going on in my life anyway. I'd react exactly the same way in the morning if it was Ronaldo moving to Ballymun Kickhams.

I think Seanie got plenty opportunities and he wasn't good enough. He may have helped Kildare stay in Division 1 but he hardly did it on his own and I'm glad that the management didn't try to force him onto the side just because of the hoops they had to jump through to get the transfer approved. I always felt that they just weren't going to back down if the lad wanted the move but he was guaranteed nothing. And he couldn't force his way in. As I said, I do feel for St Kevin's though.
Dont agree having spoke to a few of the backs on the panel he was the toughest lad to mark in training. He was badly treated in my opinion. His first year was a write off due to a lack of training etc but I think if you look at our scorers from play in the league this year up until he went out of the team he was probably the top scorer. His confidence was gone come championship and this resulted in mediocre performances it has to be said. If things were handled better he could have been a massive player for us.

The whole thing has been blown out of proportion imo, similar transfers come to mind that no attention was paid to at all. Loughry to Cork and Billy Joe Padden to Armagh to name a couple.
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: seanie back to cavan geals   seanie  back to cavan geals Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 1:06 pm

and some of the transfers to Dulin clubs where the guys never even moved from their country homes other than to drive up to play
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: seanie back to cavan geals   seanie  back to cavan geals Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 6:33 pm

Transfer deadline day -

Bale to Real Madrid,
Ozul to Arsenal,
Seanie Johnston to Cavan Gaels
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: seanie back to cavan geals   seanie  back to cavan geals Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 6:53 pm

Transfers when granted are shown on:

http://www.gaa.ie/clubzone/transfers-and-sanctions/transfers-archive/

No sign of SJ there yet !!!!
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: seanie back to cavan geals   seanie  back to cavan geals Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 9:24 pm

St. Kevin's GFC ‏@StKevinsGfc
At a committee meeting this evening St. Kevin's have decided to grant Seanie Johnston's transfer request @kfmsport
Back to top Go down
bag of white
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: seanie back to cavan geals   seanie  back to cavan geals Icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 10:16 am

I'm glad this sorry mess is over.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: seanie back to cavan geals   seanie  back to cavan geals Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

seanie back to cavan geals
Page 1 of 1