Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

kildare challanges matches

Go down 
+23
Flamingo
Come on the Boys in Blue
overthebar
Big Full Back
Fear An Geata
kartman
smokey
Taibi
Rex
Ohtoohtobe
kildaregaa365
Ogie
KILL BILL
Kildare98
shortgrass
bag of white
topcat
walsheman
flourman
TommyKeegan
murof
kickingking
Jimmy winning matches
27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

kildare challanges matches Empty
PostSubject: kildare challanges matches   kildare challanges matches Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 1:00 pm

kildare v galway 1pm sunday 5 may @ moorefield opening of new clubhouse admission 5 euro a senior hurling match @3pm
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: kildare challanges matches   kildare challanges matches Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 4:48 pm

Thanks fone
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare challanges matches   kildare challanges matches Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 2:51 pm

kildare 0-18 galway 0-12

kildare team
donnellan
konstantin
foley
peter kelly
cribbin
m. flatherty
bolton
dan.flynn
d.flynn
e.doyle
n.kelly
e.flatherty
j.doyle
o connor
brophy

Last edited by fone on Sun May 05, 2013 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare challanges matches   kildare challanges matches Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 3:36 pm

You're ,missing one player there fone, perhaps at half back. How well did they play and who scored, 18 points is a good tally even for a challenge game.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare challanges matches   kildare challanges matches Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 3:56 pm

[quote="murof"]You're ,missing one player there fone, perhaps at half back. How well did they play and who scored, 18 points is a good tally even for a challenge game.[/quote) fixed
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare challanges matches   kildare challanges matches Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 3:09 am

Christ Fone, not being pedantic and fair play for being at game, but team named here 19 minutes after you called in injuries. So 19 minutes before you name team here you say Eoin Doyle is on crutches and Daryl Flynn is out with hip problem and then you name a team here, no problem. Mind me suggesting you get full info before acting like this. Not nice.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare challanges matches   kildare challanges matches Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 9:09 am

TommyKeegan wrote:
Christ Fone, not being pedantic and fair play for being at game, but team named here 19 minutes after you called in injuries. So 19 minutes before you name team here you say Eoin Doyle is on crutches and Daryl Flynn is out with hip problem and then you name a team here, no problem. Mind me suggesting you get full info before acting like this. Not nice.
all down twitter ,
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare challanges matches   kildare challanges matches Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 10:19 am

Kildare play roscommon wednesday nite
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare challanges matches   kildare challanges matches Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 11:10 am

Heard it was Tuesday night
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: kildare challanges matches   kildare challanges matches Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 5:44 pm

They played Waterford Saturday, won handy in the end
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare challanges matches   kildare challanges matches Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 7:29 pm

Would like to see them play better teams than Waterford but probably was a favour to Niall Carew. Roscommon will be a good test as they are a physical side with some good forwards. Anyone know where that game will be played?
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare challanges matches   kildare challanges matches Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 9:07 pm

All games are behind closed doors
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: kildare challanges matches   kildare challanges matches Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 9:21 pm

I went to the Waterford game.left at half time.was pretty poor.leper played centre back, did well, hyland was corner back.same full forward line started as against Galway.flynn started midfield.Johnston came on at half time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: kildare challanges matches   kildare challanges matches Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 10:04 am

That Challenge game 6pt win against Galway doesn't look as impressive as it did before the weekend.

Galway were shambolic . Just goes to show the gulf in class between Division 1 and Division 2 Football. Playing Division 1 Football this year and next will benefit Kildare hugely.

We may not see the benefits this year however.

What are people realistic expectations for the year given that we are trying to bed in some of the younger lads?
Back to top Go down
bag of white
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: kildare challanges matches   kildare challanges matches Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 10:14 am

Heisenberg wrote:
That Challenge game 6pt win against Galway doesn't look as impressive as it did before the weekend.

Galway were shambolic . Just goes to show the gulf in class between Division 1 and Division 2 Football. Playing Division 1 Football this year and next will benefit Kildare hugely.

What are people realistic expectations for the year given that we are trying to bed in some of the younger lads?

I think an All Ireland quarter final appearance is the best we can hope for this year. I think we'll beat Offaly but the Dubs will have too much for us in the Leinster Semi then depending on the draw we could get a couple more wins to get to the QF.

I think midfield and taking scores under pressure will still be 2 big issues throught the championship. I'd like to see Sean Hurley get some senior champ experience at midfield and a more patient approach to going for scores from our forwards.
Back to top Go down
shortgrass
Senior
Senior
shortgrass

PostSubject: Re: kildare challanges matches   kildare challanges matches Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 11:32 am

bag of white wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:

I think an All Ireland quarter final appearance is the best we can hope for this year. I think we'll beat Offaly but the Dubs will have too much for us in the Leinster Semi then depending on the draw we could get a couple more wins to get to the QF.

I think midfield and taking scores under pressure will still be 2 big issues throught the championship. I'd like to see Sean Hurley get some senior champ experience at midfield and a more patient approach to going for scores from our forwards.

It's a fair question to be honest. I think an all-ireland quarter final would be good with giving the young guys some good championship experience. I am interested to see how the forwards perform this year as I thought we stepped back in that department last year.. And above all - no major injuries during the championship...
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: kildare challanges matches   kildare challanges matches Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 11:57 am

bag of white wrote:

Plus one
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare challanges matches   kildare challanges matches Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 12:13 pm

A convincing win over Offaly, a competitve display against Dublin and then a good run in the qualifiers to the quarter finals would be good return for this team who I think will be a lot better next year. It might be a lot easier if we are more patient in front of goals and are more careful with our shot selection. We could still have an enjoyable year with a little luck.
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare challanges matches   kildare challanges matches Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 2:17 pm

To be seriously competitive in all matches, not to get beat out the gate by anyone this year, and yes, probably Quarter final, reach that and who knows?
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare challanges matches   kildare challanges matches Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 2:27 pm

You'd have to see given that a third of the team or thereabouts will be U21, that a quarter-final spot would be a brilliant achievement, given that apart from one year, it's what more established teams managed.

I like the requests for more patience in front of goals - how long before we here the roar in the stand "will ya fucking kick it?" as it's being hand-passed over and back and then turned over taking on the wall of defenders that have gotten back in that time?!

Having said that, I agree that they shouldn't be kicking at the posts heading for the corner flag, while falling and things like that. But they know that too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: kildare challanges matches   kildare challanges matches Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 2:41 pm

I really don't believe that our problem has been midfield or attack on the last few years.

I think defensively we've been set up wrong. That's not saying that we are bad at defending or have poor defenders I just believe the system we have played has been far too easy to rack up big scores against and has leaked goals at crucial times.

We really need a defensive plan to stifle teams to keep us in games. Looking back at games we lost over last few years in the League (Tyrone, Dublin, Down) and Champ (Donegal aside) we were beaten by half time as teams got a run on us the put up big scores.

For god sake I do not want to see that happening this year. We need to learn to shut up shop and ride the storm.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare challanges matches   kildare challanges matches Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 2:48 pm

Heisenberg wrote:
I really don't believe that our problem has been midfield or attack on the last few years.

I think defensively we've been set up wrong. That's not saying that we are bad at defending or have poor defenders I just believe the system we have played has been far too easy to rack up big scores against and has leaked goals at crucial times.

We really need a defensive plan to stifle teams to keep us in games. Looking back at games we lost over last few years in the League (Tyrone, Dublin, Down) and Champ (Donegal aside) we were beaten by half time as teams got a run on us the put up big scores.

For god sake I do not want to see that happening this year. We need to learn to shut up shop and ride the storm.

I think that's to do with the new personnel as I don't see much of a difference to the system. Mikey didn't work in the Morgan role, Morgan has kept getting injured, Mikey is injured and there hasn't been a consistent operator in that role. With so many changes around the middle, there has been consistently the same individuals providing in the protective role that allowed Mikey and Morgan to be the free men (not centre-backs) in previous seasons. Brian Flanagan is one big loss, Morgan's injury big, Flynn's continuing injury difficulties and the 5-7 new personnel.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: kildare challanges matches   kildare challanges matches Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 3:02 pm

Ogie wrote:

I think that's to do with the new personnel as I don't see much of a difference to the system. Mikey didn't work in the Morgan role, Morgan has kept getting injured, Mikey is injured and there hasn't been a consistent operator in that role. With so many changes around the middle, there has been consistently the same individuals providing in the protective role that allowed Mikey and Morgan to be the free men (not centre-backs) in previous seasons. Brian Flanagan is one big loss, Morgan's injury big, Flynn's continuing injury difficulties and the 5-7 new personnel.

I agree the system hasn't really changed over the last few years. That is partly the problem here.

Insanity is continually doing the same things over and over again and expecting different results - I think Einstein said it.

The question is what will win out in the end. A sound playing system or a group of talented individuals.
Playing system will come up trumps all day.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: kildare challanges matches   kildare challanges matches Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 3:14 pm

We have been ripped apart defensively on a few occasions in the past couple of years, but I do believe those problems are more readily solvable than our lack of absolute top quality upfront.

Re the defensive system, I was never 100 percent convinced by Mikey in that sweeper role. If you want to play a sweeper, fine - but you need a strong presence at centre back too. Which brings us to an interesting question. I thought Eoin Doyle was good at centre back against Tyrone, we certainly weren't wiped out like we were against Dublin and Cork - but he is a doubt for Offaly. Which means we may go in against Dublin with a question mark over that crucial position...

But I think ultimately we have sufficient quality to solve those problems. I would be more concerned about our ability to unearth a few forwards of the calibre of Michael Murphy, Colm McFadden, Gooch or Bernard Brogan. Until we do we will struggle to beat the top teams on a consistent basis.

It will be interesting to see how Mayo go this year. I think the only question mark about them is if they have sufficient quality upfront. Perhaps Varley, O'Connor etc are now ready to step up.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: kildare challanges matches   kildare challanges matches Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 3:48 pm

Donegal had a strong centre back in Karl Lacey last year and played Mark McHugh as a sweeper. It's the only way to play that system. That thing of dropping the centre back in front of the full back line and asking other players "to cover" - you will always be too open against the top teams, it will end in tears.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: kildare challanges matches   kildare challanges matches Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

kildare challanges matches
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next