Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best Games of All Time

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

Best Games of All Time Empty
PostSubject: Best Games of All Time   Best Games of All Time Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 8:36 pm

Special supplement with the Indo today has first Kildare-Meath replay from 97 as the fifth greatest game of all time. Number one is the famous Kerry-Dublin semi-final from 1977. Rarefied company but that first replay against Meath in 97 remains the best football game - and one of the best sporting occasions - I've ever been to.
Back to top Go down
bloodsub
Intercounty
Intercounty
bloodsub

PostSubject: Re: Best Games of All Time   Best Games of All Time Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 11:47 pm

Our thirteen man win against Laois makes the list at number 46. Now that was a match I really enjoyed.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Best Games of All Time   Best Games of All Time Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 11:56 pm

Yes another great game from 97... some performance from Glen Ryan that day.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Best Games of All Time   Best Games of All Time Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 12:07 am

But Tyrone-Kerry 08 at number two... It was a significant game but I'm not sure it was a great one.

What do people think are the best games from recent years?

I thought the two All Ireland semi-finals in 2010 were great games, even if there was a bit of pain for us. Ditto the 09 Leinster final.

Kerry Dublin final in 2011 was great and I thought Donegal Kerry was the standout game from last year. Mayo Dublin 2012 and 2006 were very good as well.
Back to top Go down
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star
lilywhites on tour

PostSubject: Re: Best Games of All Time   Best Games of All Time Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 9:23 am

As Regards the greatest games I see they also included the 1998 final. Kildare v Donegal 2011 was a fine game, bar the ending! Too young to remember 97. 2000 leinster final drawn game was brilliant!
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Best Games of All Time   Best Games of All Time Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 7:29 am

I actually looked at highlights of that Tyrone Kerry 08 final again on Youtube, it was a great game in fairness, my bad.

There was a championship preview supplement with the Times on Mon as well, Darragh O'Se picked his best team from the All Stars of the past fifty years, Glen Ryan was centre back. He was the only player on the team without an All Ireland medal - goes to show the esteem he's held in.

We had one player on the team, same as the Dubs, heh-heh. In fairness, we beat Kerry at the first time of asking in 98, took them TEN attempts since 77.
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

PostSubject: Re: Best Games of All Time   Best Games of All Time Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 9:41 am

Bittersweet memories of great games Kildare have been involved in. I remember in 2003 Kildare were involved in 3 of the top 5 games that year - Leinster S-final against Meath and Final against Laois and then the qualifier against Roscommon - problem is we only won 1 of them. Sometimes it's better to win ugly!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Games of All Time   Best Games of All Time Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best Games of All Time
Page 1 of 1