Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Leinster Leader Cup....

Go down 
+27
Onhisboot
Admin2
kelf
Big Ball
rob11
Big Full Back
micky murphy
Botch
aaron008
Ogie
kildaregaa365
losthope
lillyboy
Bad News Baba
LillieLad
The observer
Dido
Jimmy winning matches
Taibi
jim
topcat
Caprea
steviegenius
Frankel
Gaa1928
SeamusMurphy
bloodsub
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

Leinster Leader Cup.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leinster Leader Cup....   Leinster Leader Cup.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 4:35 am

Chalky played the full game with Sarsfields, did quite well in midfield, Alan Smith went off injured very early though. Seán Campbell also played a full game.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Leader Cup....   Leinster Leader Cup.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 5:22 am

Gaa1928 wrote:
New season, new manager, but nothing changes with regard to player availabilityt, as expected.

I stand corrected, good to see the county players involved with their clubs.
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Leader Cup....   Leinster Leader Cup.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 5:48 am

+1
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Leader Cup....   Leinster Leader Cup.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 7:59 am

Johnny Doyle played today as well, final score in our game was

Ballykelly 1-09

Allenwood 1-10
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Leader Cup....   Leinster Leader Cup.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 8:50 am

How did Johnny do?? any other stand outside the county players? and how serious is Alan's injury hope its not too serious as he's just back.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Leader Cup....   Leinster Leader Cup.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 10:09 am

Nurney 2-15 0-5 Castlemitchell

Some interesting scorelines from today. Surprised to see Carbury beating Athy by 4 points. Clogherinkoe beating Rathangan and Cappagh beating Kilcullen also standout.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Leader Cup....   Leinster Leader Cup.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 9:45 pm

Caprea wrote:
Both county players played full games in the eadestown two mile house game. Well Bolton did until he was sent off for a black & yellow card.

How can you get a black and yellow card ?
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Leader Cup....   Leinster Leader Cup.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 10:02 pm

Must have got the yellow first Crofter, that is only a guess as I wasn't at that game!! Can't see how it could happen otherwise!
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Leader Cup....   Leinster Leader Cup.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 10:23 pm

u get yellow card then black card
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Leader Cup....   Leinster Leader Cup.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 10:33 pm

Johnny was the difference as you'd expect, his first 2 markers were black carded
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Leader Cup....   Leinster Leader Cup.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 11:14 pm

ballyboy wrote:
Johnny was the difference as you'd expect, his first 2 markers were black carded  

Jaysus he's some legend!!
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Leader Cup....   Leinster Leader Cup.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 11:28 pm

SeamusMurphy wrote:
Taibi wrote:
Caprea wrote:
No coverage donated to the start of the league in the Leinster Leader. Shouldn't be suprised I suppose.

You're lucky if they mention the championship never mind the league. Both the Leinster Leader and the Kildare Nationalist cover county teams only it seems.

Like I said on another thread, the local hacks are brutal.

Spon on there.. I stopped buying the Leader tbh, and unless your interested in the large Number of Pages donated to the Local Soccer scene, not too many donanted to Gaa.

Just to point out, in the interests of fairness, that the respective soccer leagues (KDSL, KDFL) co-ordinate reports, tables, fixtures etc and provide it to the local papers on a weekly basis.
Back to top Go down
bloodsub
Intercounty
Intercounty
bloodsub

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Leader Cup....   Leinster Leader Cup.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 12:16 am

ballyboy wrote:

First marker was booked, second marker black carded and the goalkeeper was also black carded for pulling him down for a penalty which Johnny missed. Strangely, he wasn't taken free kicks and they missed a few simple ones.
Back to top Go down
aaron008
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Leader Cup....   Leinster Leader Cup.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 5:40 am

james gately was very good for confey scored 9 points
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Leader Cup....   Leinster Leader Cup.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 6:06 am

As far as I know it was saved bloodsub and yes jw1888 most down here would considered him a legend
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Leader Cup....   Leinster Leader Cup.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 10:46 pm

Was good to hear the county lads playing at the weekend. I would say they enjoyed playing with their clubs and in most cases probably driving their clubs to victory.
Div 1: Great win for Moorefield. Laurences win was a little bit of a surprise considering they seemed to be going bad in the cup comp. Clane losing??? They seem to be a bit hot and cold.
Div 2: TMH losing (prob sick of football after their all Ireland win). Good win for the cloughs and Allenwood beating ballykelly by 1. Ballykelly hard place to go. If Johnny Doyle stays with the county team I would expect tem to be a mid table team.. With him they can push higher.
Div 3: Suncroft (strongest team in div in my opinion) great win. Great win for Cappagh against Kilcullen.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Leader Cup....   Leinster Leader Cup.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 11:47 pm

Point taken Ogie.. Do the CB and GAA Clubs not do the same?
Kilcullen, Clane losing at Home, Rathangan only scoring 1 - 3, TMH well beaten, Ballykelly nearly turning over Allenwood.. Great opening Weekend, only downer I suppose was I think the Ellistown Match in which no Ref turned up.
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Leader Cup....   Leinster Leader Cup.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 3:16 am

Johnny absolute legend however i hope people on here are not hoping for him to save our year there is no doubt he is a great player however there is a big difference between a League Div 2 game against a Junior side that has just got promoted from Div 3 and playing Dublin or Meath in Croke Park.... lets be realistic here i hate people building guys up to this level and remember one of Glenn Ryans last playing days in Croke Park against Offaly where he got fleeced a few times for pace...
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Leader Cup....   Leinster Leader Cup.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 3:52 am

SeamusMurphy wrote:
Point taken Ogie.. Do the CB and GAA Clubs not do the same?
Kilcullen, Clane losing at Home, Rathangan only scoring 1 - 3, TMH well beaten, Ballykelly nearly turning over Allenwood.. Great opening Weekend, only downer I suppose was I think the Ellistown Match in which no Ref turned up.

Well, I'm not best qualified to comment really Seamus as I'm gone from the scene eight or nine years now, but it certainly it was nowhere near as organised in that fashion in my time with the Nationalist and it had disimproved from when I started to when I finished. There is a general presumption in the GAA that they don't have to do any work in terms of generating publicity - they expect it. That is not the case for everyone of course, before I get eaten. Being PRO is a difficult job, but I hate 'I'm a volunteer' being thrown out as an excuse for not doing a job properly. Just don't take it on then. It's a volunteer gets all that soccer coordinated within hours of the action finishing on a Sunday - sends all that copy in one email to the sports desks; a volunteer that sends in the volleyball, rugby, orienteering and whatever else. Some of the club GAA PROs are brilliant though and if you looked through the local papers, it's easy to identify who they are. Although you probably have people giving out that they are receiving preferential treatment!!!

Sounds like it was a great start to the league. I wouldn't be expecting anything from TMH for a while, they have to take some time off or they'll just have no interest later in the year - I don't think they've trained since the All-Ireland. Even county squads take a couple of weeks off. So their early league form should come with a massive health warning.
Back to top Go down
Caprea
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Leader Cup....   Leinster Leader Cup.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 12:25 am

Rathangan vs TMH is off tomorrow due to bereavement in Rathangan.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Leader Cup....   Leinster Leader Cup.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 8:25 am

towers 2 - 11 jtb 2 - 16
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Leader Cup....   Leinster Leader Cup.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 10:46 am

fone wrote:
towers 2 - 11        jtb    2 - 16

Great scoring for this early in the league. 31 scores in any football game unbelievable.
Back to top Go down
rob11
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Leader Cup....   Leinster Leader Cup.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 4:00 am

Sarsfields 2-13 Clane 3-13
Back to top Go down
Caprea
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Leader Cup....   Leinster Leader Cup.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 12:46 am

Any interesting news from the league games yesterday? Saw Chris Healy racked up 2-6 for TMH. He's some talent.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Leader Cup....   Leinster Leader Cup.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 1:43 am

He is indeed.. But not good enough for our 21s.. More egg on faces.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Leader Cup....   Leinster Leader Cup.... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Leinster Leader Cup....
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next