Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Leinster Leader Cup....

Go down 
+27
Onhisboot
Admin2
kelf
Big Ball
rob11
Big Full Back
micky murphy
Botch
aaron008
Ogie
kildaregaa365
losthope
lillyboy
Bad News Baba
LillieLad
The observer
Dido
Jimmy winning matches
Taibi
jim
topcat
Caprea
steviegenius
Frankel
Gaa1928
SeamusMurphy
bloodsub
31 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Leinster Leader Cup.... Empty
PostSubject: Leinster Leader Cup....   Leinster Leader Cup.... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 9:13 pm

Are country players allowed play 1st round of the league this weekend?
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Leader Cup....   Leinster Leader Cup.... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 1:01 am

Id imagine the Players who wont be involved come Match Day will be..

Back to top Go down
bloodsub
Intercounty
Intercounty
bloodsub

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Leader Cup....   Leinster Leader Cup.... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 1:26 am

All players released for first round of the league.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Leader Cup....   Leinster Leader Cup.... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 1:40 am

Good news that..

Anyone care to organise a predictions page for the Senior Leagues ( I would, but dont have the know how tbh)  Embarassed 
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Leader Cup....   Leinster Leader Cup.... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 7:51 am

It will be interesting to see how many will actually play for their clubs though.
Back to top Go down
Frankel
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Leader Cup....   Leinster Leader Cup.... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 9:28 pm

if they are all released they should all be playing for their clubs unless they are genuinely injured this crack of players deciding themselves not to play for their clubs shouldn't be tolerated anymore like what went on the last few years especially from players that don't even start regularly for the county team.
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Leader Cup....   Leinster Leader Cup.... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 10:44 pm

If players are released I have no doubt that club managers will play them. The first round of the championship is only 6 or 7 weeks away so i'm sure they will want to have some sort of plan. If I hear that senior players on the county panel putting pressure on other players not to play for the clubs again they should be banned
Back to top Go down
Caprea
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Leader Cup....   Leinster Leader Cup.... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 11:53 pm

No coverage donated to the start of the league in the Leinster Leader. Shouldn't be suprised I suppose.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Leader Cup....   Leinster Leader Cup.... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 12:05 am

steviegenius wrote:
If players are released I have no doubt that club managers will play them. The first round of the championship is only 6 or 7 weeks away so i'm sure they will want to have some sort of plan. If I hear that senior players on the county panel putting pressure on other players not to play for the clubs again they should be banned

That is indeed laughable.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Leader Cup....   Leinster Leader Cup.... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 12:08 am

Are you suggesting it never happened before Walter or that they should be banned is laughable?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Leader Cup....   Leinster Leader Cup.... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 12:56 am

Whether it happened or not I don't know. Can it be proven as a fact? I doubt it.

To suggest they should be banned is laughable. Ultimately its the players themselves that make the decision, If a Senior or Junior player involved with Kildare makes a suggestion to them they still make the decision. They are grown men after all.

Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Leader Cup....   Leinster Leader Cup.... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 1:06 am

Its totally wrong to say that the players are available to clubs but then the same players are left under no illusion that they are not to play.   We had this happen to us a number of times last year and it still counts as one of the agreed number of weekends that the players are made available to their club.
Back to top Go down
Frankel
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Leader Cup....   Leinster Leader Cup.... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 1:08 am

Shocked 

Last edited by Shorty on Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:51 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Leader Cup....   Leinster Leader Cup.... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 1:22 am

ah lads who are these senior players you talk about that are bullying the younger players we need to find out and banish them from the County. Behead them I say...... ffs  Sleep 
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Leader Cup....   Leinster Leader Cup.... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 4:54 am

Caprea wrote:
No coverage donated to the start of the league in the Leinster Leader. Shouldn't be suprised I suppose.

You're lucky if they mention the championship never mind the league. Both the Leinster Leader and the Kildare Nationalist cover county teams only it seems.

Like I said on another thread, the local hacks are hopeless.

For the record;

Div1
Winners - Moorefield
Relegated - Towers and Monasterevin

Div2
Winners - Kilcock
Promoted - Maynooth
Relegated - Robertstown and Ballykelly

Div3
Winners - Suncroft
Promoted - Nurney
Wooden Spoon - Cappagh

Last edited by Taibi on Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Leader Cup....   Leinster Leader Cup.... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 5:03 am

Taibi wrote:
Caprea wrote:

You're lucky if they mention the championship never mind the league. Both the Leinster Leader and the Kildare Nationalist cover county teams only it seems.

Like I said on another thread, the local hacks are brutal.

Spon on there.. I stopped buying the Leader tbh, and unless your interested in the large Number of Pages donated to the Local Soccer scene, not too many donanted to Gaa.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Leader Cup....   Leinster Leader Cup.... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 7:37 am

Div1
Winners - Sarsfield
Relegated - St.Kevins and Leixlip

Div2
Winners - Kilcock
Promoted - Allenwood

Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Leader Cup....   Leinster Leader Cup.... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 8:26 am

moorefield 6 -13 towers 0-11 eanna o connor scored 2 -4
Back to top Go down
Dido
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Leader Cup....   Leinster Leader Cup.... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 9:51 am

Jeasus that was some beating , are the Moores that good or are towers that bad . What's the chances of one of the oconnor boys playing with the lillies by all accounts there going well with the Moores and we need good forwards for the County team . Transfer time I think ........
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Leader Cup....   Leinster Leader Cup.... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 10:33 am

Dido wrote:
Jeasus  that was some beating , are the Moores that good or are towers that bad . What's the chances of one of the oconnor boys playing with the lillies by all accounts there going well with the Moores and we need good forwards for the County team . Transfer time I think ........

Moorefield were very good but Towers are woeful. Jack O'Connor himself would have bagged a few goals against that Towers defence. I only stayed for the first half, it was a total mismatch.
Back to top Go down
The observer
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Leader Cup....   Leinster Leader Cup.... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 10:55 pm

Only county players that are in the extended panel are allowed play for their clubs today
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Leader Cup....   Leinster Leader Cup.... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 12:36 am

New season, new manager, but nothing changes with regard to player availabilityt, as expected.
Back to top Go down
Caprea
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Leader Cup....   Leinster Leader Cup.... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 3:23 am

Both county players played full games in the eadestown two mile house game. Well Bolton did until he was sent off for a black & yellow card.
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Leader Cup....   Leinster Leader Cup.... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 3:37 am

How did the county players do lads??
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
Bad News Baba

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Leader Cup....   Leinster Leader Cup.... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 4:20 am

Gaa1928 wrote:
New season, new manager, but nothing changes with regard to player availabilityt, as expected.

Blame McGeeney, oh wait.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Leader Cup....   Leinster Leader Cup.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Leinster Leader Cup....
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next