Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS

Go down 
+33
jimmers
kildare08
Celbridgelad
Botch
Taibi
petethewac
thelads
eddyboy
barrow man
Gonzo
Curragh Command
losthope
Cilldara_2000
fatherted
lilywhites on tour
Bān go Lēir
White Bridge
Jimmy winning matches
lily4fr
lilysavage
Jc1
Kildare Castle
mikeyhastheball
bob12
Gaa1928
bag of white
Frankel
smokey
lollypop
lillyboy
SeamusMurphy
topcat
Hereallweek
37 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Hereallweek
Intermediate
Intermediate

MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS Empty
PostSubject: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 12:48 am

I'd like to hear everybody's predictions for the minor championships outright and the round 2 matches as well just for fun
Back to top Go down
Hereallweek
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 12:49 am

Tue 26 Aug 2014

Campion Insurance Minor A Football Championship

Venue: Naas, Raheens V Clane19:00, Â Ref: Declan Peppard

Venue: Clane, Moorefield V Kilcock19:00, Â Ref: Patrick Moore

Venue: Ballykelly, Sarsfields V Round Towers19:00, Â Ref: David Coady

Campion Insurance Minor B Football Championship

Venue: Carbury, Aylmer Gaels V Rathangan19:00, Â Ref: Thomas Smyth

Venue: Sallins, Suncroft V Confey19:00, Â Ref: Liam Herbert

Venue: Ballymore Eustace, Two Mile House V St Laurence's19:00, Â Ref: Joe Dooley

Venue: Allenwood, Ballymore Eustace V Balyna 19:00, Â Ref: Alan Smullen

Venue: Moorefield, Monasterevan V Eadestown19:00, Â Ref: Tony Doyle

Campion Insurance Minor C Football Championship

Venue: Rathangan, Kilcullen V Carbury19:00, Â Ref: Nicholas O Connell

Venue: Athy, Castledermot V Sarsfields19:00, Â Ref: Des Coyle

Venue: St. Farnans Park, St Edwards V Sallins19:00, Â Ref: John Mc Loughlin

Venue: Maynooth Hurling Club, Killard V Leixlip19:00, Â Ref: Fergus Devereux Jnr

Venue: Raheens GAA, Rheban V St Kevin's19:00, Â Ref: Padraig Scully

Campion Insurance Minor D Football Championship

Venue: Ballyteague, Ellistown V Raheens19:00, Â Ref: Declan Jacob

Venue: Robertstown, Caragh V Miltown19:00, Â Ref: Sham Moran

Venue: Miltown, Grangenolvan V Robertstown19:00, Â Ref: Shaun Duane

Venue: Round Towers GFC, Ballykelly V Nurney19:00, Â Ref: William Brophy

Venue: St Laurence's, Naas V Barrow Gaels19:00, Â Ref: Padraig Downey

Wed 27 Aug 2014

Venue: Hawkfield , Athy V Naas18:30, Â Ref: Mick Spencer

All the round 2 matches
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 1:16 pm

Sarsfields should win the Minor A, they are a very strong team and it is very hard to see any team getting close to them to be honest. I think it is a bit farcical in the A that 8 of the 10 teams get through to the quarter final, one or more teams may get through despite losing all their games but have a decent score difference. I think we would be better served with he top 4 getting through to semi finals or even quarter finals for team 3-6 with teams 1-2 going straight through to the semi finals.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 1:31 pm

Basically the 2 Teams that are unlucky enough to be drawn to face the Sash wont have a great scoring average... but I agree TC, 8 of the 10 qualifying is a bit ridiculas.
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 1:49 pm

it's good for young lads to be getting games but i agree it's a but silly that teams potentially losing all their games can progress. I like topcats idea
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 1:56 pm

B Championship is hard to call, with lots of Teams fancying their chances I would think..
Back to top Go down
Hereallweek
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 2:02 pm

I agree on the 8 out of 10 teams maybe it would have been better to have 3 championships instead of the 4 this year the only I would say is a difference in quality of the teams
Back to top Go down
lollypop
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 9:10 pm

almyer gaels 1 15 rathangan 12 pts
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 9:52 pm

Sarsfields 4.20 Towers 0.13
Back to top Go down
smokey
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 11:43 am

Some of the teams in the C seem strange, Leixlip and Carbury are strong senior clubs. I would have thought that the bottom 2 sections should be for the junior and at most intermediate clubs. A win for Rheban in this section would be seen as an achievement not so sure about the above named 2.
Back to top Go down
lollypop
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 12:00 pm

Two clubs not putting in the work at underage ,simple as . This rheban team you speak off , u 16 A championship last year , hardly be an achievement to win a minor C would it . B CHAMPIONSHIP wide open , ballinya would have been my tip but 2 defeats have them in trouble , 7 teams with points so they will have to get at least a draw next week .
Back to top Go down
Frankel
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 12:43 pm

Leixlip in the minor C championship. That is an absolute disgrace. They have been massively under performing at underage for a long time. Whoever is in charge of developing and underage strategy at that club is not doing their job and imo the county board should be stepping in there. The population base there is way too big there for this to be ignored.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 2:37 pm

Watched the Sash V Towers Match last Night, and although Towers to their credit battled hard, I cant see Sash being beaten, they look as good a Minor Team as I have seen in a while, and all credit to the work being put in at that Club...
Leixlip have fallen behind Confey at all levels it seems now, and their Seniors are facing into a relagation battle also..
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 2:56 pm

TC can You tell Me is the Sarsfields Pitch closed ?.. or maybe Im way off here, but looking at Championship Fixtures recently and upcoming ones, I dont see the Venue being listed at all in any for whatever reason.. and a fine Venue it is for Matches.
Back to top Go down
smokey
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 3:53 pm

Maybe senior clubs should not be allowed play under B level. If they were getting the beatings they are handing out to smaller clubs they wouldn't be long getting their house in order.Same goes for u21 level senior clubs should play in A level no exceptions. The reason B championship was brought in 20 yrs ago was to give everyone a chance not for bigger clubs to compete with smaller clubs
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 4:21 pm

To the best of my knowledge it is open Seamus, just not getting games, not something we are overly disappointed about!! The fact that the inter and senior championship are on different weekends this year means less grounds are needed for games!
Back to top Go down
bag of white
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 4:45 pm

topcat wrote:
To the best of my knowledge it is open Seamus, just not getting games, not something we are overly disappointed about!! The fact that the inter and senior championship are on different weekends this year means less grounds are needed for games!

It seems that a lot of games fixed for around the Newbridge area these days that aren't in the county grounds are fixed for Hawkfield instead of Sarsfields. Which is a bit of a pity because I prefer the Sarsfields pitch.
Back to top Go down
Hereallweek
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 6:00 pm

Can I ask why the 3rd round of minor championship is scheduled 2 days before u16 semi final games..my own club has very few minors and the 16s don't want to play the last round in case they get injured before that semi final!!!
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2014 1:37 pm

It seems that Moorefield is also prefered over Sarsfields Pitch.. Agree bow, always liked it as as Venue
Back to top Go down
Hereallweek
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 10:57 pm

Is the quarter final draw 1v8 2v7 3v6 4v5 ???
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 11:46 pm

Mikey I believe so. Re your question about u/16 and minor with in a few days of each other, it's probably because it doesn't affect the bigger clubs.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 6:35 am

Was the Clane v Celbridge game played last night? Does anybody have the result?
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 6:57 am

topcat wrote:
Was the Clane v Celbridge game played last night? Does anybody have the result?

Seen on Celbridge Gaa Facebook that they beat Clane last night. Don't know why it's not on the Kildare Gaa Website, it's the only result missing.
Back to top Go down
bob12
All-Star
All-Star
bob12

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 7:41 am

lollypop wrote:

Two clubs not putting in the work at underage ,simple as . This rheban team you speak off , u 16 A championship last year  , hardly be an achievement to win a minor C would it .  B CHAMPIONSHIP wide open , ballinya would have been my tip but 2 defeats have them in trouble  , 7 teams with points so they will have to get at least a draw next week .

Lollypop. Let me start by pointing out that you haven't a clue what your on about. The leixlip minor team has not won a game in the championship at this level for 5 years prior to this year. The club has put huge amount of time at football 7 be rage recently and it's beginning to show. This bunch of lads did not win a game of football for 2.5 years till last year.so I think disgrace is way off the mark. From u/15 down the club is getting strong. Only last night we had 50 I 12 and u 13 blitz with leixlip players. So in 2 to 3 years time this club will be challenging at A level at all ages. Yes the seniors are poor and Coney to their credit have a better team . But huge strides are been worked on. People like Declan Mccarthy, Dave FLynn Martin Ruanne Stephen Gibbons and John C or ri gan have put huge time in. Hopefully it will show in an underage county title soon.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 7:51 am

Thanks for that Gaa1928

Quarter finals will then be

Sash v Kilcock
Naas v Celbridge
Towers v Maynooth
Athy v Clane

I am open to correction on those fixtures but this highlights the problem of 8 teams getting through, Kilcock are through having only won one game against Moorefield and got beaten by Sarsfields by 42 points last night and now have to play them again in the quarter final.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next