Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS

Go down 
+33
jimmers
kildare08
Celbridgelad
Botch
Taibi
petethewac
thelads
eddyboy
barrow man
Gonzo
Curragh Command
losthope
Cilldara_2000
fatherted
lilywhites on tour
Bān go Lēir
White Bridge
Jimmy winning matches
lily4fr
lilysavage
Jc1
Kildare Castle
mikeyhastheball
bob12
Gaa1928
bag of white
Frankel
smokey
lollypop
lillyboy
SeamusMurphy
topcat
Hereallweek
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2014 4:36 pm

If you genuinely believe that to be the case, have a look at the results of the team in the minor A championship. If Sarsfields were holding players back to play for the B team, these results would hardly be achievable.
Back to top Go down
barrow man
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2014 7:57 pm

c hurragh command rhebans midfielder heard it was a soft black card agree about this chap think his name is chris casey minor next year so a good prospect
Back to top Go down
Curragh Command
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2014 11:04 pm

Not here to defend or promote Sash just giving the true facts as opposed to some of the inaccuracies above, only one player on the B team that has a realistic chance of making the A panel played last two games in the C championship as he has been out injured since before the league final.
At the end of the day it is the CCC that decide at what grade/level a club plays at, it is up to the other clubs to raise objections if the feel that certain clubs are in a grade below where they should be playing.
Personally think the way Raheens were treated this year by been put in the "A" championship was very harsh!
Rheban number 15 was also a good looking footballer and the centre half back looks promising.
Back to top Go down
eddyboy
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2014 11:43 pm

If im not mistakin Out of the previois 3 div 4 league winners only 1 of these teams went into the c champ the 2 before were entered into the b ?
Back to top Go down
thelads
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2014 3:20 am

how many under 16s are on the sash A panel is what i want to know that will tell the real story
Back to top Go down
Kildare Castle
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2014 4:38 am

You are right eddyboy the previous 3 winners of Div 4 were
2012 Robertstown Graded to the B Championship
2013 Rheban graded to the B Championship
2014 Sarsfields 2 graded to the C Championship
Smile Rheban were told that we were placed in B Championship because we had an U16 A Championship team that same year despite not having had a Minor team for 15/16 years i think previous to this .
Rheban had 17 players available last week the 2 subs were off our U16 D Championship side.

But look best of luck to all 3 teams left in it ,there all just chaps and just want to play ball and can only play whats in front of them in any given game.

And bob 12 cheers for the kind words they were two cracking games v Leixlip this year ,your Minor team is a credit to your club these bunch of lads were sporting throughout both games,battled all the way and were i felt the team to beat in this Championship ,great work being done. Very Happy Have to just have to mention to you Very Happy believe it or not Rheban actually won the U16 A Championship title back in 1997 defeating Athy ,it was a great achievement to win this grade from a small club, considering its usually the big town clubs who win it.
Any one know of any of the other smaller clubs who won the u16 A in years gone by ,just out of curiosity?
Back to top Go down
mikeyhastheball
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2014 4:52 am

Curragh Command, in regards to the inaccuracies. how do you measure them?. one of the players on the B team played in Div 1 league this year and last year and was pivotable in their campaign. another lad played in Div 4 in this years league, then in div 1 in this years league and now in Champ B. I have to question your comment about it being each clubs responsibility to question grading and not the CCC's. the problem with this system is procedure not followed and teams are not registered (correct me if I am wrong) you are therfore at the mercy of your fellow clubs honesty to ensure that grading is fair.
Back to top Go down
Curragh Command
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2014 8:19 am

The player you are referring to did play in the Div 1 league but suffered a number of injuries since the third game of the league but has just returned, don't think he has broken any rules there, again if a player did play in Div 4 and then went up to Div 1 again no rules broken, league & championship status completely separate.
Don't hear too many complaining about Naas, whose 2nd team are dominated the D championship and their fist team are just like Sash,in the semi-final of the A championship!
There is only 1 of the U16 winning team on the Minor A panel, but considering we won the previous two U16 titles it would be difficult for them to break into the team.
Maybe if the U14,U16 & and minor championships were graded along the same lines as the senior, intermediate and junior championships it might be a more level playing field, just a thought!
Back to top Go down
thelads
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2014 8:54 am

well thats what i taught not the sashs fault but just plain crazy having the pick of a championship winning under 16 team playing C grade football as they d be A grade minors with any other club time for a reserve minor championship i think
Back to top Go down
mikeyhastheball
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2014 11:28 am

Curragh, no I was not talking about the lad that was injured in the league campaign, it is great to see him back playing, I look forward to seeing him run out of the tunnel in HQ in a few years and doing Damage for Kildare. No, I am referring to one of your lads that played in the league final this year against Clane in Div1 in the league final. He was a starter on your A team LAST YEAR as well. I agree with you, Grading needs to be looked at, but I would ask you not to patronise or try to sidetrack (maybe not your intention) me when bringing Naas into the equation. They are not in Champ C. nothing to do with me and them being in semifinal of A. Lads want to go out and play football, Good on the Sash for the work they have put in,
But the rules seriously need to be looked at IMO. I am annoyed that a Division or Championship grade at this level means absolutely nothing at the end of the day.
Back to top Go down
petethewac
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2014 8:11 pm

Leixlip follower here, at the games this Championship C, in the qtr and semi correct me if I am wrong but the majority of the scores for sarsfield in the Leixlip V Sarsfields and Rheban V Sarsfields game from the Under 16's, it brought up here that there was only 6 started from that team, however they were the game changers. it was brought up earlier that it was a disgrace that Leixlip are in Champ C, yes it is, but work being done to fix it. however having a B team in the same Champ from the most successful club in the county drawfs progress of work being done. yes, people will blame the system and that it needs to be changed and yes, people will say no rules broken. but I will be encouraging my club to go through the grading process next year with a fne tooth comb.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2014 8:30 pm

You'd be better off encouraging your club to improve their underage setup. I'd be embarrassed if I was a member of Leixlip GAA. Leixlip has a massive population compared to the likes of Two Mile House and Rheban and yet they're competing in the third tier of minor football. The Seniors will play a relegation final tomorrow evening too.

Blame everyone but yourselves.
Back to top Go down
petethewac
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2014 8:58 pm

Taibi, read the previous 8 pages. Leixlip taking full responsibility and working on it. good thing you are not from Leixlip then, i would be emabarrassed if you were standing beside me on the sideline.
I brough up facts, you are throwing out sayings that were probabaly on a back on an old match box.

sounds like you really dont have much to contribute other tahn trying to rise people
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2014 11:25 pm

You're correct, I'm not from Leixlip. Thankfully.

You come on here whinging and moaning about what Sarsfields are doing, what's your club doing? It's testament to the work being done in Roseberry if their U16s can compete at minor level. Maybe your club could learn something from them.

Not picking on Leixlip either. Naas are as culpable, they must be the most underachieving club in Leinster.
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2014 12:54 am

It seems to be difficult for a lot of clubs to get their best teams out at minor level. And its all clubs. The smaller clubs might have a good team one year but the team following may not be as strong and thus struggle. The bigger clubs seems to have a steadier flow but someone told me Confey could not field a team at underage this year on a couple of occasions. Not sure if that was true. I also remember my own rural club hammering Moorefield u-16 in a league match 2 years ago. I actually could not believe the result when I heard it. I would suspect that it was just hard to get their players to come on those occasions. Speaking from experience it is very difficult to get u-16 and u-18 players to play regularly. They seem to be always doing something else weather it be holidays, soccer, rugby or school. I don't think I would ever take a team at those levels again due to the stress of trying to get 15 lads to plat a game. Absolute nightmare. As I said it seems to be in most clubs and the county board now have set up a meeting with clubs around the county to discuss the issue. I admire clubs who can continuously stay at a high level. So good luck to them imo.
Back to top Go down
Celbridgelad
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2014 3:28 am

Taibi we must remember its only the last 2 years or so that the leixlip minor teams have been awful. Before then they were a force in division one usually reaching the quarter final stage or so. Petethewac any idea what happened. When my sons played against them which is 5 and 3 years ago they were always strong. Like i went to there u21 match last year v athy and was very very impressed. I also seen the seniors play sash this year in the first round of senior champ and thought they looked a good outfit and now their in a relegation final?? A club of that size should not be in div 3 of minor and possibly intermediate championship. Are young lads keeping it up or are they walking away? There was a player that was always one of the best players on the pitch when my eldest played his name was paul o neil? Is he still playing because he was top stuff? also there was a tall centre back that was minor 2/3 years ago that was unreal, lovely baller and aggresive in tackle also very quick, again didnt see him against Sash
We must remember every club has a downturn some more drastic than others, like sash haven't won a minor in a good few years, but now they have a special batch of up and coming stars. My own club will struggle to win a minor title in the next few years but will hopefully be competitve in div 1. Round towers always struggled underage until 2012 so maybe we let leixlip off for another 2 years or so until we blast them for not producing underage because at the end of the day they have produced a few county stars over the years
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2014 8:46 pm

Semi's this weekend.
Presume Sash Athy final is to be expected?!
Back to top Go down
Hereallweek
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2014 2:42 am

I was speaking to a few naas lads about what they think of their chances against athy and they said they fancy their chances.. I haven't seen much of athy but I've seen naas a few times and I think it'll probably be a very close game but I still fancy the sash to win the final no matter who against
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2014 8:20 am

Probably won't be the best received post on here but congrats to the Sash minor B team on their victory in the county final today, difference was Sash took their goal chances and Edwards missed theirs.
Back to top Go down
bob12
All-Star
All-Star
bob12

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2014 8:33 am

Lame is not the work topcat.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2014 8:36 am

No bob, Lame is a town the size of Leixlip having their first team competing in the Minor C championship and then crying about losing to the 2nd team of another club. Begrudgery is a horrible thing.
Back to top Go down
bob12
All-Star
All-Star
bob12

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2014 8:43 am

Topcat your day will come. Trust me when it does I will be only too happy to send down the various cups to sarsfield . All you are doing is putting a rod up sash's back as I take it you take great pleasure in winding up folks and no nothing about football. I invite you to chat and sow you the stride been made in the club you mention. Jasus I know plenty of good sashs men that would tak.e great embarrassment in your comments. Good luck to your c/ship. Im sure plently of young lads who were brushed aside for the glory boys will be happy with tat medal and their parents for the treatment of guys training only to be tapped on the shoulder and told thanks, but no thanks . Tis will in time send the wrong message and start to eradicate any good work done in the club. Trust me Ive seen at at 1st hand.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2014 8:49 am

My comments are in no way meant to be a wind up of other but purely an aknowledgement of the performance put in by the Sash players today, I will take your word for it in relation to that particular club, I hope you are correct as at the turn of the century they were dominant at this level within the county and the more strong clubs we have competing at all grades the better it will be for Kildare football as a whole. Which players have been brushed aside? By entering a second team have Sarsfields not facilitated matches for players who would otherwise not have gotten any games at all given the strength of the first team this year?
Back to top Go down
bob12
All-Star
All-Star
bob12

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2014 9:01 am

I trust your integrity . I will look forward to great duals ahead!
Back to top Go down
thelads
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2014 7:00 pm

topcat wrote:
Probably won't be the best received post on here but congrats to the Sash minor B team on their victory in the county final today, difference was Sash took their goal chances and Edwards missed theirs.

why post it so, but look fair dues to the real minor b teamers who played with the team all year. are any of the under16s that played the final on development squads
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next