Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

meath v kildare 7 feb @7pm

Go down 
+37
moatesports
micky murphy
lobitin
Taibi
Lily8
lilly-exile
Onhisboot
Flamingo
Westside
Rex
kildaregaa365
jj
teedee
reichenhall
Bad News Baba
bob12
LillieLad
jimmers
kildare12
shoeshine
jim
Gaa1928
Ogie
topcat
lilysavage
murof
TommyKeegan
kelf
SeamusMurphy
OutTheGap
Bigfullforward
standhimup
flourman
Kildare98
Ohtoohtobe
kickingking
Jimmy winning matches
41 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
shoeshine
Junior A
Junior A
shoeshine

meath v kildare   7 feb @7pm - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: meath v kildare 7 feb @7pm   meath v kildare   7 feb @7pm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2015 9:44 pm

From Kildare GAA Homepage
Kildare team unchanged for Meath Clash
The Kildare Team to Face Meath in tonights Allianz League Division 2 clash in Navan at 7pm has been named.

Mark Donnellan Maynooth

Ciaran Fitzpatrick Kilcock

Peter Kelly Two Mile House

Mick O Grady Celbridge

Ollie Lyons Celbridge

Daryl O Brien Carbury

Eoin Doyle Naas

Hugh Lynch Confey

Padraig O Neill St Laurence's

Eamon Callaghan Naas

Niall Kelly Athy

Eoghan O Flaherty Carbury

Darroch Mulhall Athy

Fionn Dowling Suncroft
Back to top Go down
kildare12
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: meath v kildare 7 feb @7pm   meath v kildare   7 feb @7pm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2015 11:16 pm

That won't be the team that starts. He can't play Kelly, it would be his third game in a week and after the complaining he did about moolick getting injured a few weeks back he can't just do the same himself.
Daryl o brien can't start either, he didn't look up to pace last week.
Be interesting to see if fionn comes out as a 3rd midfielder. Very much a bench player for the last few years but he was impressive last week.
Be great to get a win n navan n get out year started.
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

PostSubject: Re: meath v kildare 7 feb @7pm   meath v kildare   7 feb @7pm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 12:38 am

kildare12 wrote:
That won't be the team that starts. He can't play Kelly,  it would be his third game in a week and after the complaining he did about moolick getting injured a few weeks back he can't just do the same himself.
Daryl o brien can't start either, he didn't look up to pace last week.
Be interesting to see if fionn comes out as a 3rd midfielder. Very much a bench player for the last few years but he was impressive last week.
Be great to get a win n navan n get out year started.

Agree. The midfield was very poor last week and surprised if Lynch has recovered sufficiently to start tonight. Also would have thought Conway would have come in to the defence.
Back to top Go down
kildare12
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: meath v kildare 7 feb @7pm   meath v kildare   7 feb @7pm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 12:50 am

Conway should be in at C.B. midfield is a huge problem, if only Kevin feely was back he would change that. Surely there has to be someone out there able to come in.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: meath v kildare 7 feb @7pm   meath v kildare   7 feb @7pm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 1:54 am

Ever since Dermot went off injured against Meath in the 2010 QF we went from having one of the best midfields in the country to constantly struggling in that sector. Injuries to Flynn and Lynch made matters worse in some years.
But the most annoying aspect of it all is that we had so many potential young players who could have excelled in that sector who have chosen other sports. They may all come back at some stage but we really need them this year. We are having to take too many chances with short kicks out to avoid hitting it long down the middle. It could go horribly wrong for us one day.
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: meath v kildare 7 feb @7pm   meath v kildare   7 feb @7pm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 2:10 am

It went fairly fecking wrong the last day!! Ah best of luck to the lads Meath are nothing special if we play to our potential we can definitely can get a win!!
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: meath v kildare 7 feb @7pm   meath v kildare   7 feb @7pm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 5:03 am

Agree Murof but there's not too many Dermot Earleys around. Johnny had a great year there in 2011 was picked on the Sunday game team of the year at midfield and was very unlucky not to get an All star.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: meath v kildare 7 feb @7pm   meath v kildare   7 feb @7pm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 7:45 am

Tom Cribben & Westmeath will be licking their lips coming to Newbridge in a few weeks facing our tactical genious.

Absolute tripe against what is in effect the worst meath team in 30 years.

Embarrassing .

I stand by my assessment Ryan has to go and if it were me him , Hendy and Quinn would be gone in he dressing room in Navan.

Last edited by Freddy Krueger on Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kildare12
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: meath v kildare 7 feb @7pm   meath v kildare   7 feb @7pm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 7:50 am

Well if that doesn't piss you off nothing will. Don't think it'll ever change, another one left behind.
One up front, when will it get through that it doesn't work.
Back to top Go down
bob12
All-Star
All-Star
bob12

PostSubject: Re: meath v kildare 7 feb @7pm   meath v kildare   7 feb @7pm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 7:51 am

Fred are u jarred. Your comments make no sense about Quinn and Hendy. Do you mean them to go too.
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
Bad News Baba

PostSubject: Re: meath v kildare 7 feb @7pm   meath v kildare   7 feb @7pm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 7:52 am

I've some bad news for a few lads on here who delighted in the previous manager's demise, Jason Ryan is a fraud, spoofer, conman, money for old rope merchant.

Get rid now before him and his tactics embarrass us even more and we end up in Div 3. Sick of him.
Not another penny will I spend on Kildare GAA until he is removed.

You reap what you sow and our harvest is ready.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: meath v kildare 7 feb @7pm   meath v kildare   7 feb @7pm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 8:05 am

Bad News Baba wrote:
I've some bad news for a few lads on here who delighted in the previous manager's demise, Jason Ryan is a fraud, spoofer, conman, money for old rope merchant.

Get rid now before him and his tactics embarrass us even more and we end up in Div 3. Sick of him.
Not another penny will I spend on Kildare GAA until he is removed.

You reap what you sow and our harvest is ready.

Careful now. You'll be accused of being sensationalist & drunk.

You'll also have some of the regualrs threaten to ignore you because it doesnt still with their agenda.

Not the first time Kildare GAA will have shot themselves in the foot, won't be the last.
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
Bad News Baba

PostSubject: Re: meath v kildare 7 feb @7pm   meath v kildare   7 feb @7pm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 8:14 am

They can say what they like, there are plenty of lads on here with egg on their face. It's not rocket science to see who they are and also certain people in the local media.

I said last year he was a spoofer, I let the year finish and this one start to see if he could manage any semblance of a game plan or tactical awareness and as I thought he he is useless.

We'll have the "give him time" merchants on here soon alongside the "its only the league" flag wavers. They all know they backed the wrong horse. That taste in their mouth is reality.

Harvest time.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: meath v kildare 7 feb @7pm   meath v kildare   7 feb @7pm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 9:04 am

Even though it's February and we have Bolton, Hyland, Flynn, Moolick, Cribbin, Kelly and Smith to add to the starting 15, it's never nice to lose to that hateful shower.
Game plan worked to a tee first half but only because Meath missed a few handy frees. We were quite efficient but there were a couple of opportunities to go for a goal and we took the easy out. It will be hard to beat even half-decent teams in summer without rattling the net.
What disappointed me most was that we failed to adapt in the second half. I am no tactical genius but it was obvious Meath had decided to push up and spoil the kickout plan that worked so well first half.
In the face of moderate pressure we completely folded. I would criticise the sideline for the failure to adapt but players must show leadership too. Instead our skills and decision making collapsed. Even experienced players like Paudie, who worked as hard as ever, do some ridiculous things when the heat is applied.
I expect more from the likes of Flats and Leper at this hour of their careers though I suppose it's more important they're at full pelt in summer. We should judge the team then but I'd just be worried that in general there is a softness and fragility about us that will keep us from winning close championship games.
Eoin Doyle is the exception that I hope doesn't prove the rule: he was brilliant tonight but apart from Mick O'Grady and Fionn Dowling in the first half no others matched his appetite for the battle.
I felt sorry for Fitz and P Kelly who were on the wrong end of baffling decisions. If shoulder charges and shadowing are free-kicks now, then I don't see how defenders can do their jobs. Mind you, Meath missed so many frees that the hometown ref didn't affect the outcome.
I hope the players keep the chin up and keep working hard because there's oceans of time to turn things around.

Hard to see enough talent there to challenge for serious silverware though. How we could do with Kevin Feely and Paddy Brophy.

Last edited by Ohtoohtobe on Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: meath v kildare 7 feb @7pm   meath v kildare   7 feb @7pm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 9:07 am

Double post deleted.

Last edited by Ohtoohtobe on Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: meath v kildare 7 feb @7pm   meath v kildare   7 feb @7pm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 9:08 am

Last year Mick Foley was hung out to dry by being left so isolated by the rest of the team, this year it's Podge Fogarty. It would be nice to have something in between. If Kildare can't find that balance soon, it will be a long year.

Last edited by kickingking on Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
reichenhall
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: meath v kildare 7 feb @7pm   meath v kildare   7 feb @7pm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 9:08 am

yeah, ya have a point there BNB but it would be very unusual for a GAA manager to resign/be sacked/be got rid of,during the course of the league/c'ship year ....thats a foreign games thing Very Happy ...was Babs the last one.....
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: meath v kildare 7 feb @7pm   meath v kildare   7 feb @7pm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 9:10 am

reichenhall wrote:
yeah, ya have a point there BNB but it would be very unusual for a GAA manager to resign/be sacked/be got rid of,during the course of the league/c'ship year ....thats a foreign games thing Very Happy ...was Babs the last one.....

Brendan Hackett
Back to top Go down
teedee
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: meath v kildare 7 feb @7pm   meath v kildare   7 feb @7pm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 9:26 am

9-5 up after 42 mins. only a mick ogrady pt from play and an eoghan oflaherty free in last 30 mins? as freddy said earlier, against the worst meath team in 30 yrs! regardless of some dodgy decisions against us, that was just so painful to watch. the players we have are much better than that horrible system their been forced to play! with johnny and dermot gone, we obviously have no leader to express their dissatisfaction to the management about this system. 14 and even 15 behind the ball at times and were still leaking scores for fun. i hate to say it but div 3 next yr is now a distinct possibility. taxi for ryan?
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: meath v kildare 7 feb @7pm   meath v kildare   7 feb @7pm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 9:43 am

kickingking wrote:
Last year Mick Foley was hung out to dry by being left so isolated by the rest of the team, this year it's Podge Fogarty. It would be nice to have something in between. If Kildare can't find that balance soon, it will be a long year.

KK I disagree. I think Podge needs to show more bite and pace if he's going to hold down a place in the team. Some of the balls down to him were 50-50. McGill, a novice player at this level, won most of them. Podge will rack up scores when we're winning but if his place is not to be taken by Smith he must show the ability to win dirty ball when we need him to.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: meath v kildare 7 feb @7pm   meath v kildare   7 feb @7pm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 9:48 am

Last year Jason Ryan decided to set Kildare up as a poor man's Dublin this year he seems to have decided that a poor man's Donegal is the way to go! The problem with that is we don't have the pace in the team to play like Donegal, the reason that Podge gets isolated is because we don't have the pace to get up in support of him. If we are going to play like Donegal, we can't just adopt their plan of getting numbers behind the ball!! That is only one half of how they do things!
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: meath v kildare 7 feb @7pm   meath v kildare   7 feb @7pm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 9:58 am

Not getting too much into I told you so - it was too obvious for that - and anyone now using "only two league games" as excuse for some great rise on horizon is as much of a clueless idiot as those who thought Kieran should have gone. Then again, we're clearly a county of selfish club-centric idiots, would love a list of every one of those simpletons who voted against McGeeney that day. Then again who knows their agenda. Won't have past is past from people either who say move on, therefore they can never be wrong and clearly don't have Kildare interests at heart.

Being away, wasn't at game, listened live as always, but a county in 2011 people feared (talked to many professionally who never wanted near us because we were hard as diamond) to a soft touch and let's be fair, the same windy shower (if another county was us, I'd relish the fixture against them). We're back as a nothing county, relegation on 7 February now issue, not promotion which is gone.

Was going to wear Kildare jersey to gym here tomorrow, but best not, might stop running, or simply be told to run the wrong way. Well done Kildare - a populous county that stabbed itself in the stomach and now wonders why it bleeds. Relegation would be deserved for our off field actions, and it democracy of our clubs is this no wonder we can't get near a Leinster title while debating over 22 pages Moorefield's manager as if anyone cares.

Then again, stop living in past, division three is challenging, Laois there for taking. No wonder we are complete and utter losers. "That's too negative Tommy." Shove it.

Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: meath v kildare 7 feb @7pm   meath v kildare   7 feb @7pm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 10:11 am

Awful display against an awful Meath side. At half time I said we could actually hammer these guys if we have a go at them. We never did, Dowling looked to be on fire again but did he receive a decent ball in the 2nd half?
Ryan is undoubtedly a spoofer but harking back to the McGeeney sacking is futile, once McGeeney accepted the decision and walked away, which he did with dignity that was that.
Don't know where we go from here but am glad we don't go up as we are not a 1st division side and would not last long there.
Doyle and O'Grady are really good players but would like to see Hyland in place of Lyons the next day.
Sadly Fogarty is not the answer at full forward and the TOC debate might just start again.
On that evidence who can we beat in this division?
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: meath v kildare 7 feb @7pm   meath v kildare   7 feb @7pm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 10:12 am

Ohtoohtobe wrote:
kickingking wrote:

KK I disagree. I think Podge needs to show more bite and pace if he's going to hold down a place in the team. Some of the balls down to him were 50-50. McGill, a novice player at this level, won most of them. Podge will rack up scores when we're winning but if his place is not to be taken by Smith he must show the ability to win dirty ball when we need him to.

I agree he didn't have a great night tonight anyway but even if he wins some of those balls he still isn't going to have great options when there is no one within thirty yards of him apart from 3 opposition defenders. It would be the same story if it was TOC or Smith up there on their own. Donegal managed it with McFadden but they were always quick to get support to him and could rotate Murphy in and out. Unfortunately we don't have that luxury.
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: meath v kildare 7 feb @7pm   meath v kildare   7 feb @7pm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 10:34 am

Very disappointing collapse in the second half. Meath upped the intensity after half time and we couldn't cope. At this stage, we'll do well to get more points than Laois and Westmeath to stay in Division 2.
Not for the first time, our tackling was poor at the back. Peter Kelly was hard done by a couple of times but he can be too aggressive in the tackle sometimes, particularly when he has checked his man and there is no danger. When you think of the frees missed by O'Rourke and Newman, we could have lost a lot more.
It's hard to be too critical of our makeshift midfield but we seemed to lose all the kick-outs when Mark Donnellan had to go long. Hopefully Tommy Moolick (and Dan Flynn?) will improve things in this area when they get back.
Apart from some nice points by Dowling and Mulhall, I thought we were fairly clueless up front. Our passing was poor, we took too many wrong options, we were dispossessed too easily and we didn't get forward quickly enough when we broke. I'm not sure who coaches the forwards but we need to be looking at getting a new coach if that's the best we can do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: meath v kildare 7 feb @7pm   meath v kildare   7 feb @7pm - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

meath v kildare 7 feb @7pm
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next