Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

championship club draw

Go down 
+49
fargo
kickingking
Thin Blue Line
Ogie
OutTheGap
White Bridge
shortgrass
Dido
Son of Sarsfields
bloodsub
micky murphy
Highball
Carburyhill
All down the line
Westside
Ohtoohtobe
kelf
Caprea
Shergar
murof
shortgrass1928
kildaregaa365
topcat
bag of white
Botch
reichenhall
jj
milltownmary
BarryTLyons
lomond
Frankel
lilysavage
archie
steviegenius
Lily8
rob11
jimmers
Big Full Back
TheHulkHoganCowardFund
lillyboy
lily4fr
overthebar
walsheman
Gaa1928
TommyKeegan
Flamingo
Taibi
SeamusMurphy
Jimmy winning matches
53 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

championship club draw - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: championship club draw   championship club draw - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2015 12:25 am

umpireonditch wrote:
Is Feely out?

Hamstring injury I believe.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: championship club draw   championship club draw - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2015 12:27 am

Athy evens, Sash 11/10. Draw 13/2..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: championship club draw   championship club draw - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2015 2:38 am

I'd have to go with the Sash. In the 3 games since they changed manager Athy have had to non contests and when Naas put it up to them it was Feely who stemed the tide so he will also be a massive loss.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: championship club draw   championship club draw - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2015 9:30 pm

An Athy win would make it a clean sweep for the south of the county along with Castledermot and Castlemitchell. Sarsfields the form team though and hard to see them losing 3 in a row. Should be a good game.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: championship club draw   championship club draw - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2015 9:06 pm

Are Smith and Feely fit to start? This is a really difficult tie to call. Whoever is fit out of that pair, if either, could decide it.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: championship club draw   championship club draw - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 1:57 am

Feely starts anyway.. Big break for Athy.

As an off-topic aside TommyK taking some stick on Twatter for daring to call the Irish rugger buggers "cojones" into question.. Now he knows how I felt on here after similar comments about Kildare after Dubs debacle. The excuses are reigning down on TV3 and from Joe Schmidt after Ireland's mauling. Choked again in a quarter final - sound familiar?
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: championship club draw   championship club draw - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 3:19 am

Come on Athy. Sounds a belter!
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: championship club draw   championship club draw - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 3:26 am

Bollocks!
Back to top Go down
shortgrass1928
Junior A
Junior A
shortgrass1928

PostSubject: Re: championship club draw   championship club draw - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 3:53 am

Well done the Sash but Athy bottled that big time!
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: championship club draw   championship club draw - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 4:29 am

Don't think Athy bottled it, it was poor finishing by McGovern and Mahon to probably win it. Thought the free for the equaliser should have gone the other way but well done Sarsfields on the will to win. Obviously the pain of losing the last 2 final drove them on. Best of luck to them in Leinster, but with Portlaoise on the radar it will be very tough.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: championship club draw   championship club draw - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 4:41 am

Crofter wrote:

As an off-topic aside TommyK taking some stick on Twatter for daring to call the Irish rugger buggers "cojones" into question.. Now he knows how I felt on here after similar comments about Kildare after Dubs debacle. The excuses are reigning down on TV3 and from Joe Schmidt after Ireland's mauling. Choked again in a quarter final - sound familiar?

Name me another team in any code in the world that could do without a third of their first team from the start (and another after 12 minutes).

I said on the same forum last week that faced a big mountain. With everyone it would have been tough against a side playing consistently at a higher level thanks to being in the Championship. I couldn't for the life of me understand why we were favourites for that game.

To say they choked is horseshite. Take a third of a team away from the All Blacks and they'd be weaker. So obviously take a third from a squad of considerably less depth and... the issue is that people grievously underrated Argentina and chose to ignore the injuries.

Again, it's one of those that it's easy to have a pop because the result is coming eventually. It's like waiting to have a go at a Kildare manager, as those who aren't in favour of Cian O'Neill's appointment will do patiently next year.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: championship club draw   championship club draw - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 5:04 am

Sarsfields took Well done to Sarsfields. Took theor chances when it mattered most. Looked like ot was going to be Athy all the way through but similar to last year, the more dominant team couldnt close it out.
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: championship club draw   championship club draw - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 5:26 am

Fair play to Sarsfields. They never gave up. I think they finished stronger as they were fitter... Was a tough game at times but hats off to Sarsfields it was never say die attitude that got them over the line. See Emo and Portlaoise drew today. There reply will prob. be Fri. as the winners are due out on Sun. in the Leinster Club Quarter Championship.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: championship club draw   championship club draw - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 5:46 am

Well done Sarsfields. Delighted for John Crofton.
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: championship club draw   championship club draw - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 7:44 am

Well done to the sash today on an excellent come back win. First time ahead in the match was in the 61st minute. Being down to 14 for most of the second half, to come back showed huge heart and a desire to not lose 3 in a row.

There are some excellent prospects on both sides today. I'm sure Cian o Neill would have been impressed.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: championship club draw   championship club draw - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 11:43 am

Ogie wrote:
Crofter wrote:

Name me another team in any code in the world that could do without a third of their first team from the start (and another after 12 minutes).

Wales.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: championship club draw   championship club draw - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 12:50 pm

Great win by the Sash today, when you l
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: championship club draw   championship club draw - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 12:55 pm

Great win by the Sash today, when you look at who Sarsfields have beaten to win this championship, I don't think anybody can begrudge the players their win. Obviously Cahill was immense today but I thought Con Kavanagh and Matty Byrne did some fantastic work around the middle while Chalky was exception particularly after the incredibly harsh red card but Sarsfields have history with that particular linesman so no surprise he got Conor sent off.
Back to top Go down
bag of white
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: championship club draw   championship club draw - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 6:30 pm

Congratulations to Sarsfields I hope you get a good run in Leinster and do the county proud.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: championship club draw   championship club draw - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 6:37 pm

Ohtoohtobe wrote:
Ogie wrote:
Crofter wrote:

Wales.

Not true. Wales weren't missing a third of their starting team O2... They lost three and then they lost back-up players.

Apart from that, rugby is the national sport in Wales. It is at best fourth in Ireland, fifth if you count horse racing.

Anyway, will leave it, football thread, well done to Sarsfields, unlucky Athy.
Back to top Go down
lomond
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: championship club draw   championship club draw - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 7:05 pm

I thought Mulhall and McCormack had a great battle with Mulhall just about shading it. What age is he ?? Defo one to have a look at
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: championship club draw   championship club draw - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 7:21 pm

Looking at the final yesterday - I would suggest that Athy have better footballers than Sarsfields but Sarsfields were clearly a better managed outfit.
Enjoyable game to watch as a neutral - draw would, probably, have been a fair result. The free Sarsfield got to level it up in injury time was dubious (to say the least), after that free was put over I fully expected the ref to blow it up - but fair play to Sarsfields battled to the end and took their chances in injury time.
Ray Cahill was superb.
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: championship club draw   championship club draw - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 7:57 pm

Well done to Sarsfields. I agree Ray Cahill was excellent. Does he make himself available for the county team or does he just not get picked? Not sure there are 6 better forwards in Kildare. Chalky showed great leadership in the closing stages and Sean Campbell was good as well. Athy will be kicking themselves being 3 points up with 10 minutes to go with an extra man. Hugh Mahon should have fisted that late chance over.

Best of luck to Sarsfields in the Leinster Championship.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: championship club draw   championship club draw - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 8:00 pm

One of the must enthralling and exciting games all year at club or county level. Both teams left everything out on the field and credit is deserved for that!
The Sash showed great never say die character and fought right to the bitter end, but Athy also had a meltdown.
They made too many subs in a very short period of time, to many lads were unsettled. The biggest F up was their kick out. Had an extra man yet still decided to kick it down the middle. Byrne Kavanagh Campell and Chalky were well on top there at that stage. Very Niave, I dare say Pascal wouldnt have allowed that happen.

I was a nuetral going into the game but as it wore on found myself wanting Sash to win it more and more. One of the Athy selectors must have boxed about 3 lads in the rucus. Hugh Mahon was like Conor McGregor in their too, I don't know what Tiernan did but must have been serious if he was the only man to get a red in that instance. Not withstanding, Hugh Mahon had a great game and was Athys best performer. Lawler, McInerny Aspell Campbell Byrne Kavanagh and of course Ray Cahill were all excellent too.
Was Marty McEvoy a selector with Athy? He was prancing up and down the line like Jose.
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: championship club draw   championship club draw - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 8:37 pm

Big Full Back wrote:
Fair play to Sarsfields. They never gave up. I think they finished stronger as they were fitter... Was a tough game at times but hats off to Sarsfields it was never say die attitude that got them over the line. See Emo and Portlaoise drew today. There reply will prob. be Fri. as the winners are due out on Sun. in the Leinster Club Quarter Championship.

Emo v Portlaoise replay takes place next Saturday at 6:30, with Leinster game v Palatine at 2:30 the following day. Seems unfair on the Portlaoise/Emo players but might be good for Sarsfields.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: championship club draw   championship club draw - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

championship club draw
Page 11 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next