Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Club Championship Draw

Go down 
+27
hope
Big Full Back
butterfingers
Ogie
homerj
lastline
kartman
overthebar
GaaHead
mrblobby
Taibi
Rex
ChopperDalton
centreback
tomcruise
TheBigFullForward
Lily8
Sam1928
steviegenius
paddymartin
Ballsofsteel
realmoore
Jimmy winning matches
Loads of Pints
naked-lilly
walsheman
Fear An Geata
31 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Club Championship Draw Empty
PostSubject: Club Championship Draw   Club Championship Draw Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 6:22 pm

Does anyone know when this is taking place?

Less than 4 weeks to go. Or is everyone still fighting over scraps from the top table to do the draw?! Are we looking at the league revisited, fixtures coming out week it commences?!
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship Draw   Club Championship Draw Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 7:42 pm

Saturday @ 5pm after the Minor match
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship Draw   Club Championship Draw Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 10:39 pm

Fear An Geata wrote:
good stuff
Back to top Go down
naked-lilly
Senior
Senior
naked-lilly

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship Draw   Club Championship Draw Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 3:36 am

the fear knows his shit!
Back to top Go down
Loads of Pints
All-Star
All-Star
Loads of Pints

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship Draw   Club Championship Draw Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 1:37 am

Interesting stuff from James Horan in Mayo dropping a number of high profile players who havent performed during the league - however he stated that they have a chance now to go back to their clubs in the club league and championship and regain some sort of form to be considered for championship.

I think this is a move that could be of benefit to some of our players especially in the forwards, no harm sending a few lads back to their clubs for a few weeks to regain their mojo and the form they and the management know they are capable of.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship Draw   Club Championship Draw Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 8:50 pm

Fear An Geata wrote:
matches are on weekend of 7,8and 9 of may for frist round
second round is on 10,11and 12 of june
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship Draw   Club Championship Draw Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 3:41 am

Senior Championship Round 1
Carbury v Kilcock
Moorefield v Clane
Naas v Leixlip
Athy v St. Laurences
Celbridge v St. Kevins
Ballymore v Suncroft
Maynooth v Sarsfields
Allenwood v Round Towers

Intermediate Championship Draw
Ballykelly v Ellistown
Nurney v Confey
Kilcullen v Raheens
Sallins v Caragh
Eadestown v Monasterevin
Castledermot v Straffan
Kill v Johnstownbridge
Ballyteague v Rathangan

Junior Championship Draw
Castlemitchell v Cogherinkoe
Grange v Milltown
Rathcoffey v Two Mile House
Cappagh v Ardclough
Rheban v Robertstown
Back to top Go down
realmoore
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship Draw   Club Championship Draw Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 3:57 am

Maith an Fear!!!
Larries Athy stands out immediately.
Back to top Go down
Ballsofsteel
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship Draw   Club Championship Draw Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 8:37 am

Senior Championship Round 1
Carbury v Kilcock Carbury

Moorefield v Clane Moorefield

Naas v Leixlip Leixlip

Athy v St. Laurences Larrys

Celbridge v St. Kevins Celbridge

Ballymore v Suncroft Suncroft

Maynooth v Sarsfields Maynooth

Allenwood v Round Towers Allenwood

Back to top Go down
paddymartin
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship Draw   Club Championship Draw Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 9:43 pm

Did anyone hear when the actual fixtures (times, dates & locations) will be set for 1st round?
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship Draw   Club Championship Draw Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 10:44 pm

I know a few teams are looking for there games to be on the Friday evening because of Punchasestown hopefully the county board can cater for this. Can anyone answer this why didn't the county board play the first on the May bank holiday they knew Punchasestown was on the week they picked and it would of saved a lot of bother for most of us.
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship Draw   Club Championship Draw Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 10:49 pm

steviegenius wrote:
I know a few teams are looking for there games to be on the Friday evening because of Punchasestown hopefully the county board can cater for this. Can anyone answer this why didn't the county board play the first on the May bank holiday they knew Punchasestown was on the week they picked and it would of saved a lot of bother for most of us.

After all the shite about fixtures and getting a few rounds in before Kildare play please dont tell me there will be hassle now because of the racing. Is it any wonder that anybody volunteers their considerable time to draw up fixtures when stuff like this comes up.

Whats more important? Playing championship with your club or going racing?? The festival is on for most of the week anyway.
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship Draw   Club Championship Draw Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 10:50 pm

specially when theres no fixtures the may bank holiday aswell
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship Draw   Club Championship Draw Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 10:54 pm

If they were on the bank holiday weekend people would complain about not being able to get away. You cant satisfy all the people all the time.
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship Draw   Club Championship Draw Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 11:08 pm

Sam1928 wrote:
If they were on the bank holiday weekend people would complain about not being able to get away. You cant satisfy all the people all the time.
dont bother me at all,championship normally always around this time so never book to go away till i no for sure!!the races dont matter to much,go to them and not drink like,im sure ya get a better buzz outta winning a championship match than a champion hurdle....and i luv racing
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship Draw   Club Championship Draw Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 11:13 pm

steviegenius wrote:

i think kildare senior team are bonding weekend on may bank hoilday weekend
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship Draw   Club Championship Draw Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 12:06 am

fone wrote:
steviegenius wrote:

Ah jaysus....here we go again.
Back to top Go down
Lily8
All-Star
All-Star
Lily8

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship Draw   Club Championship Draw Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 12:23 am

Yea I heard the Kildare team are going off for the May bank holiday weekend alright.

As for Punchestown it's one of the biggest events in the county and a lot of footballers will be going to it. Especially clubs around the Naas area. Thousands go on the Friday so hopefully the matches will be Sunday.
Back to top Go down
TheBigFullForward
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship Draw   Club Championship Draw Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 1:19 am

Sam1928 wrote:
fone wrote:
steviegenius wrote:

this is true. County team will be doing their usual 5 day stint in Enfield the weekend of the bank holiday. Couldn't go this weekend because at the time it was being booked there was still a chance of Kildare being in a league final plus it would have been costly to go away for the easter weekend.

Clubs will only get players back on the Monday before championship, although I see on the main site that county players will
play league games again this week. If what I heard about this weekend's training from the last couple of years the lads won't be in much of a state to train that week leading up to championship.

From reading the report in the nationalist, it seems that Moorefield were the only ones to kick up about this, I would have thought more clubs would have been against it
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship Draw   Club Championship Draw Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 1:34 am

there doing track runs tomorrow,then in again saturday for another hard days training,i think,be very tough on them if they have to throw in a match good friday to
Back to top Go down
TheBigFullForward
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship Draw   Club Championship Draw Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 1:44 am

walsheman wrote:
there doing track runs tomorrow,then in again saturday for another hard days training,i think,be very tough on them if they have to throw in a match good friday to

that's the thing, the county management make it seem like a big concession to release the players but often they are doing so much training that they are next to useless for their clubs
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship Draw   Club Championship Draw Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 2:59 am

Firstly , I cannot understand why league matches are on Good Friday at 5pm.A lot of players are working on Good Friday ( a case of having to ) so the matches would have been better timed at 7pm.

I know that not everyone in Kildare is a horsey fan , but again I think that the championship matches should not be on the Punchestown weekend.This is one of the biggest events in the Kildare sporting calendar ( if not the biggest ) and clubs have organised fundraising events around the races.This should be taken into consideration.I know clubs are changing their games to Fiday night to get around the mess that has been created.

Anyone in agreement ?
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship Draw   Club Championship Draw Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 3:02 am

dont see why games gotta be soley a weekend aswell,whats wrong with mid week,dublin get rounds in midweek in championship!!
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship Draw   Club Championship Draw Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 3:05 am

ps

I hope that there are no games fixed on the day of the Royal Wedding.Now that is day that we are all really looking forwrad to as well.And also , Punchestown is better than any club championship game. The two semi - finals in 2010 were the best sleeping pills that anyone could be prescribed.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship Draw   Club Championship Draw Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 4:55 am

TheBigFullForward wrote:
Sam1928 wrote:
fone wrote:
steviegenius wrote:

this is true. County team will be doing their usual 5 day stint in Enfield the weekend of the bank holiday. Couldn't go this weekend because at the time it was being booked there was still a chance of Kildare being in a league final plus it would have been costly to go away for the easter weekend.

Clubs will only get players back on the Monday before championship, although I see on the main site that county players will
play league games again this week. If what I heard about this weekend's training from the last couple of years the lads won't be in much of a state to train that week leading up to championship.

From reading the report in the nationalist, it seems that Moorefield were the only ones to kick up about this, I would have thought more clubs would have been against it
correct the main reason for may weekend its is cheaper than this weekend , the league final notting to do what weekend they went because players before tryone it was may bank hiolday weekend
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship Draw   Club Championship Draw Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Club Championship Draw
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next