Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare GAA Website

Go down 
+6
Gaa1928
Rex
Flamingo
Frankel
jim
Big Full Back
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

Kildare GAA Website Empty
PostSubject: Kildare GAA Website   Kildare GAA Website Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 11:10 pm

Just took a look at the site there now. We're almost a week since the Convention. Not a word or update, details of what went on or the role of officers or committees. This is really poorly updated and is something that the County Board need to look at. If you go around the counties some of the websites are really well structured and informative. We've paid people in Hawkfield that surely could do something to improve it. To be honest I nearly find more details out here than I do on the website.
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Website   Kildare GAA Website Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 11:46 pm

Ah sure it's grand. The PRO or whoever is responsible for it is a nice lad. He's a volunteer doing his best.....zzźzzz
Back to top Go down
Frankel
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Website   Kildare GAA Website Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2015 12:46 am

Does the county board still have a full time paid secretary? Surely they could look after stuff like this.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Website   Kildare GAA Website Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2015 1:11 am

It's not great at all and it's very awkward to actually find basics like results and fixtures. Better have a younger person run social media alone. Give them some experience even.
You need to be on the ball with this stuff.
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Website   Kildare GAA Website Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2015 1:48 am

I would imagine it would be part of the remit of the PRO. Maybe not.
Who is pro by the way?
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Website   Kildare GAA Website Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2015 1:51 am

Did I not read somewhere that there was a new site on the way. I suppose they would not do anything until after the Annual convention.

A new easier to navigate site is needed, but the most important thing is to keep it updated or it's pointless.
Back to top Go down
Frankel
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Website   Kildare GAA Website Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2015 1:54 am

Rex wrote:
Did I not read somewhere that there was a new site on the way. I suppose they would not do anything until after the Annual convention.

A new easier to navigate site is needed, but the most important thing is to keep it updated or it's pointless.

they only launched a new site about 2 years ago that was promised to be the bees knees.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Website   Kildare GAA Website Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2015 2:03 am

The current one has been around for a good while I think. I remember when it was first online they had a forum with "ask the chairman on it" who I think was Padraig Ashe at the time. That didn't last to long.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Website   Kildare GAA Website Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2015 2:05 am

Ha! Yeah but in fairness forums are awful shite to manage HI ADMIN!!
But I think even with the GAA website in general there is no need to cram in loads of unnecessary pages. Just latest news that archives automatically and then fixtures/ results and some team news.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Website   Kildare GAA Website Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2015 2:55 am

I agree with the updating of the website, very, very poor. The one thing I will say is that I find the fixtures and results section almost always up to date and excellent for league tables etc.
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Website   Kildare GAA Website Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2015 3:25 am

Spot on GAA. The results and fixtures are great and tables up to date. That is the only good thing about it
Back to top Go down
Lily8
All-Star
All-Star
Lily8

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Website   Kildare GAA Website Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2015 5:23 am

There is meant to be a new website on the way. It was said last month that it would be launched in the next few weeks.
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Website   Kildare GAA Website Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2015 6:08 am

Flamingo wrote:
Ha! Yeah but in fairness forums are awful shite to manage HI ADMIN!!
But I think even with the GAA website in general there is no need to cram in loads of unnecessary pages. Just latest news that archives automatically and then fixtures/ results and some team news.

That was the previous site that Padraig Ashe had his "Ask the Chairman"..... He was asked plenty and answered little!!!!!

As for the fixtures and results section this is all controlled by Servasport. Every County Board in the country are signed up to it as a result of Croke Park. It's the norm across all counties. Once the Div.'s are put in it generates all the league fixtures and txt out the appointed ref's for the results. If there's a ref change it might not be updated to reflect so that's where the admin person or persons in the county manually update it.
Back to top Go down
fatherted
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Website   Kildare GAA Website Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2015 8:09 am

Website is absolute muck, has been for years. Referees have a lot to answer for though. How can the senior games be properly updated but from minor down to underage only half the results are showing up. Same referees look after all these games. At Bord na nOg AGM it was stated that new website will be up in early Dec. Badly needed
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Website   Kildare GAA Website Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2015 9:33 am

fatherted wrote:
Website is absolute muck, has been for years. Referees have a lot to answer for though. How can the senior games be properly updated but from minor down to underage only half the results are showing up. Same referees look after all these games. At Bord na nOg AGM it was stated that new website will be up in early Dec. Badly needed

Well if you get the fixtures on a Monday you'll see not every fixture is filled with a ref from my experience so maybe that's some of the reason they aren't updated.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Website   Kildare GAA Website Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2015 9:36 am

The website is a joke and makes us a laughing stock as usual. The Twitter account is next to useless also and put to shame by the Ladies Football and Camogie ones. It's just another symptom of the accordance of mediocrity that was endorsed by the clubs last week end. I despair honestly. If it wasn't for the appointment of Cian O'Neill and his selectors I'd nearly have given up at this stage.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Website   Kildare GAA Website Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2015 9:39 am

Ps a website is only as good as it's content. So I wouldn't get too enthusiastic just yet about a new website. It needs as someone said a webmaster / social media savvy person to ensure content is published and up to date.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Website   Kildare GAA Website Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare GAA Website
Page 1 of 1