Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The bar is set for our new website!

Go down 
+17
walsheman
Stonecold
kartman
peile
steviegenius
wingback
Could'nt Trap Cement
Ogie
Sam1928
if_in_doubt
abl
Rex
tomcruise
Loads of Pints
koko39
Jimmy winning matches
mrblobby
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
mrblobby
Senior
Senior

The bar is set for our new website! Empty
PostSubject: The bar is set for our new website!   The bar is set for our new website! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 9:19 am

www.hill16.ie

check this out to see how far back in time we are!!
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: The bar is set for our new website!   The bar is set for our new website! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 9:50 am

should out down website
Back to top Go down
koko39
Senior
Senior
koko39

PostSubject: Re: The bar is set for our new website!   The bar is set for our new website! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 8:06 pm

That website is great. its not hard to design a website, why is there a problem...We're in an all Ireland Semi Final and there isn't even a website to check out the team on. Its a golden opportunity to reach out to people, so why are we so far behind the times??
Back to top Go down
Loads of Pints
All-Star
All-Star
Loads of Pints

PostSubject: Re: The bar is set for our new website!   The bar is set for our new website! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 8:17 pm

Thats a savage website! Love the player interviews and video footage.

Although a lot of that funding would have come through the vodafone sponsorship which is worth a fortune. Come on tegral.....is it too much to ask for a giant jersey and a quality website? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: The bar is set for our new website!   The bar is set for our new website! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 8:26 pm

Koko39

That is way over the top and a bit ungracious. When the original forum was closed down , some folk particularly JME had the guts to set up this website for which I am extremely grateful.I was lost for a few weeks and you can now discuss any issue on this forum and it's great banter. I am also still looking forward to what the County Board have to offer on their ' new ' proposed website.

I am no computer expert but if JME or anyone else needs any help to improve this website give me s shout.It seems that some folk are never pleased.

BTW i have no interest in the Dubs website but I might read it after the Rebels give them a pasting !!!
Back to top Go down
koko39
Senior
Senior
koko39

PostSubject: Re: The bar is set for our new website!   The bar is set for our new website! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 8:34 pm

How on earth was I being over the top or ungracious? I think that's a little harsh now. I'm loving this forum and its great. I wasn't giving out about this forum, but that's what it is, a forum for opinions etc. and fair play to whoever took it on.
I was giving out that there is no official website, whish in this day and age seems very behind the times. I don't webdesign, ona simple level , its not hard. I just think its an opportunity missed to promote GAA in the county.
Apologies to the admin etc of this site , I didn't mean to cause any offence as tomcruise seems to think I did.
I really enjoy the chat and banter on this forum.
I'll just crawl back into my hole now and keep my mouth shut!!
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: The bar is set for our new website!   The bar is set for our new website! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 9:47 pm

tomcruise wrote:
Koko39

That is way over the top and a bit ungracious. When the original forum was closed down , some folk particularly JME had the guts to set up this website for which I am extremely grateful.I was lost for a few weeks and you can now discuss any issue on this forum and it's great banter. I am also still looking forward to what the County Board have to offer on their ' new ' proposed website.

I am no computer expert but if JME or anyone else needs any help to improve this website give me s shout.It seems that some folk are never pleased.

BTW i have no interest in the Dubs website but I might read it after the Rebels give them a pasting !!!

TC thanks fro the nice words, but I can't take the plaudits for this forum. Admin set it up when it was obvious that the old forum was on borrowed time. I just offered to help, just like you have just done.

If you want to help PM Admin and he'll gladly accept any help that's going. I am no computer wizard, I can make my way around them fine but coding websites is just not my thing.

So I'm sure if anybody is a wizard in that area and thinks they can improve the look of the site then please get in contact with Admin and let yourself be known.

Also having discussed it with Admin it would be nice to get as many members as possible, so if you all could spread the word with your club mates of people who you might know would enjoy a bit of banter and the latest info then push them our way.

I must also repeat that the County Board had a decision to make regarding the old forum, they have made it and even though I and many others saw it as a lost opportunity, they have a job to do and decisions are made that will not garner 100% support. Such is life.

I just hope that they realise that now is the time to be promoting GAA in Kildare while we are at a high level and not when the graph goes the other direction.
A good website is the first thing that should be done. Here's hoping.
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: The bar is set for our new website!   The bar is set for our new website! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 10:58 pm

JME

Well done to Admin.I have great respect for anyone who voluntarily does a good job.Keep up the good work.

Koko39

Come out of that hole.I know what you meant.This is a great forum.

Back to top Go down
abl
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: The bar is set for our new website!   The bar is set for our new website! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 12:10 am

Kildare GAA definitely needs a new website but we dont need a new forum as this one is alot better than anyone the countyboard will have the power to police
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star
if_in_doubt

PostSubject: Re: The bar is set for our new website!   The bar is set for our new website! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 12:27 am

To be fair the Hill 16 website has the Vodafone logo splashed all over it, so obviously it's fair to say that a fair bit of money from them went into / goes into the development and upkeep of it.

Wouldn't be extremely difficult though for the county board to be able to put up a few pages giving details of week by week fixtures, results and league tables etc, be very handy for us to keep tabs on how things are going around the county, especially at underage level when results can be harder to find out.

I'm far from an expert on computers and the like, unless it's stuff like databases and spreadsheets so fair play to all those giving a dig out on this forum.
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: The bar is set for our new website!   The bar is set for our new website! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 12:40 am

Feckers even have an iphone app now for Hill 16.

Imagine our ad for iPhone....

"Kildare GAA?......we dont have an app for that!"

"Kildare GAA?...have broadband?...well dont worry if you dont 'cause we dont have a website"

"Carrier Pidgeons!!!....for all the latest news regarding Kildare GAA"
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star
if_in_doubt

PostSubject: Re: The bar is set for our new website!   The bar is set for our new website! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 12:54 am

Sam1928 wrote:
Feckers even have an iphone app now for Hill 16.

Imagine our ad for iPhone....

"Kildare GAA?......we dont have an app for that!"

"Kildare GAA?...have broadband?...well dont worry if you dont 'cause we dont have a website"

"Carrier Pidgeons!!!....for all the latest news regarding Kildare GAA"

Never mind carrier pigeons, we'd probably be about as up to date as necessary by reading week old copies of the Nationalist and Liffey Champion.

If the county board could sort out some decent merchandise for the fans from O'Neills it'd be a decent step forward, never mind getting all technological...
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: The bar is set for our new website!   The bar is set for our new website! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 1:12 am

hill16 has been on the go a long time, long before vodafone - it's class
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The bar is set for our new website!   The bar is set for our new website! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 1:50 am

Lads people are getting worked up about all sorts here.

Firstly the Dublin fan base is huge, a lot of dubs would visit the Hill16 site and the revenue generated from advertising would sustain the site and more probably.
Kildare fan base is hard to judge. Up in Antrim and Derry we had little more than 2,000, in 2 weeks time we may have 40,000.

Dublin recently signed a huge contract with Vodafone to sponsor Dublin GAA.
Kildare are still with Tegral who are letting lads go left right and centre, i'm surprised they are still in business.

We should not even try to compare ourselves to the Dubs, i'd much rather have no website, and put messages in a bottle and win the All Ireland on September 19th.

On a side note, for the people who followed Kildare in Derry and Antrim, should we reach the All Ireland final and anyone of those do not get a ticket. Its a sad day.
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: The bar is set for our new website!   The bar is set for our new website! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 1:54 am

...and the people who braved the Pakistani floods for the Leitrim game.
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star
if_in_doubt

PostSubject: Re: The bar is set for our new website!   The bar is set for our new website! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 2:03 am

fionnmccool wrote:
Lads people are getting worked up about all sorts here.

Firstly the Dublin fan base is huge, a lot of dubs would visit the Hill16 site and the revenue generated from advertising would sustain the site and more probably.
Kildare fan base is hard to judge. Up in Antrim and Derry we had little more than 2,000, in 2 weeks time we may have 40,000.

Dublin recently signed a huge contract with Vodafone to sponsor Dublin GAA.
Kildare are still with Tegral who are letting lads go left right and centre, i'm surprised they are still in business.

We should not even try to compare ourselves to the Dubs, i'd much rather have no website, and put messages in a bottle and win the All Ireland on September 19th.

On a side note, for the people who followed Kildare in Derry and Antrim, should we reach the All Ireland final and anyone of those do not get a ticket. Its a sad day.

If we're lucky enough to be there on the 19th then as always as with any county there's bound to be the few of us who miss out on a tickets, while there'll be a few watching Kildare for the 1st time all year in 18 days and who will probably have no problem getting a ticket for the final - harsh but we'll have to soldier on. Back in '98 our club was allocated roughly 200 tickets, with nearly 1000 people putting their names down to get one. Those who went through the club all year for tickets were shown no favouritism and many of us missed out.

Regarding the website, very fair points about comparing ourselves with the Dubs. Obviously we don't have the resources to put together something like that but like others have mentioned on other threads, surely a website giving fixture details, results, league standings and team news every now and then wouldn't be too much to expect from a county board.
Back to top Go down
Could'nt Trap Cement
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: The bar is set for our new website!   The bar is set for our new website! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 2:14 am

As a matter of interest , for the all Ireland final can you Que up and buy them from croke park or something or do you have to go through your local club???
Back to top Go down
wingback
Senior
Senior

Location : Two Mile House and Poulaphouca, Blacktrench, Cutbush and Boolea

PostSubject: Re: The bar is set for our new website!   The bar is set for our new website! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 2:25 am

Boys i think we are missing the point here, we dont want a fancy website. all we want is a website with up to date news, results and league tables, anything else is a bonus...

two rugby clubs in my area, not the biggest clubs in the country but still have loyal members who give up their spare time to manage and update the websites and really i think it puts our county board to shame that we dont have one, check them out if you have a few minutes to spare, they are quite good!
http://www.kildare.ie/cilldararfc/
http://www.newbridgerugby.com/
They might not have the sophisticationof hill16 but they provide everything you need at the end of the day
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The bar is set for our new website!   The bar is set for our new website! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 2:27 am

I know, we're getting well ahead of ourselves, Down is 18 days first. It was just a tought i had.

Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: The bar is set for our new website!   The bar is set for our new website! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 2:28 am

Could'nt Trap Cement wrote:
As a matter of interest , for the all Ireland final can you Que up and buy them from croke park or something or do you have to go through your local club???

No chance if we are lucky enough to get there. I will be like willy wonka and the Golden ticket.
It will be 1998 all over again, lads not only searching the club or County but the province, Country and then all over the world trying to get that elusive piece of paper.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The bar is set for our new website!   The bar is set for our new website! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 2:32 am

I've have been to a number of All Ireland finals, and i have never had a problem getting a ticket.

Only Kildare in 98. My own county.

The Hysteria that surrounded Kildare in 98 was unreal and i've never see anything like it.

It will be every man woman and child for themselves if we get there.
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: The bar is set for our new website!   The bar is set for our new website! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 2:40 am

Back in 98 my club gave each member of the senior panel a ticket after only getting 200 or so tickets. but in 98 Croke Park only held 60000 or so we have nearly 83000 now so it should be a little bit easier, but if its Kildare Dublin final start buying your Wonka bars.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: The bar is set for our new website!   The bar is set for our new website! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 2:45 am

If and it's a big if but a Kildare v Dublin final will make my head explode well before the game, so there will be one spare ticket going round.
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: The bar is set for our new website!   The bar is set for our new website! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 2:48 am

98 was crazy but I do believe everyone I know who wanted to be there did get there eventually but you really had to put in the work to get them. I went with a minibus load all year to the games and everyone of us got tickets despite some not being club members.

I ended up with 3 tickets the day before the game. 1 club, 1 from a fella my Dad knew in Cork and 1 i got off a lad from Roscommon in the buy and sell so I sorted out some of the people from the bus.
Back to top Go down
koko39
Senior
Senior
koko39

PostSubject: Re: The bar is set for our new website!   The bar is set for our new website! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 2:49 am

ok tomcruise, i've come out of the hole..I hope I didn't cause any offence. I've done some web site work and will help in any way a can.
Agree about tickets..In 98 I ran into my cousin at the final and they were going on about how great the team were, I wouldn't say she could name one of them...it was her 1st match ever!!!!! just made me ill. YOu wouldn't find her standing in the freezing cold at a league match in February!!!! Its a bad sysytem that allows this to happen Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The bar is set for our new website!   The bar is set for our new website! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The bar is set for our new website!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next