Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Now that's a county GAA website........

Go down 
+6
tomcruise
Loads of Pints
doubleagent
Rex
Stonecold
Ogie
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

Now that's a county GAA website........ Empty
PostSubject: Now that's a county GAA website........   Now that's a county GAA website........ Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 10:53 pm

http://www.louth.gaa.ie/

head, shoulders, chest, waist and knees above
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: Now that's a county GAA website........   Now that's a county GAA website........ Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 11:02 pm

Looks good, its not hard to do tbh, neither does it require a so-called com-mit-tea to run, but power corrupts; absolute power sorrupts absolutely.........

I also see Club Louth membership is €500
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Now that's a county GAA website........   Now that's a county GAA website........ Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 11:06 pm

To be fair our own is decent, looks cramped though compared to this one though.

I see Louth are using a St.Brigids cross as their Crest. What connection is there,and since we already use it as our own it seems strange they went for that.
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: Now that's a county GAA website........   Now that's a county GAA website........ Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 11:08 pm

Think St Brigid hailed from Louth and had her church/Monastery in Kildare, but I stand to be corrected.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Now that's a county GAA website........   Now that's a county GAA website........ Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 11:14 pm

Quick read of Wiki and it appears she was born there.
Back to top Go down
doubleagent
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Now that's a county GAA website........   Now that's a county GAA website........ Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 11:57 pm

Rex wrote:
Quick read of Wiki and it appears she was born there.
she was a "blow in " so I love you
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Now that's a county GAA website........   Now that's a county GAA website........ Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 12:23 am

Not really there was no Kildare until Brigid set up her Monastery at Cill Dara in 490 to blow into.
First defined as a diocese in 1111. In 1297 William de Vesci surrendered the “Liberty of Kildare” to the English crown. “County Kildare” came into being and was defined as such by an Act of Edward I and the Boundary was not settled upon until 1836.

You don't get that kind of info anywhere.
Back to top Go down
Loads of Pints
All-Star
All-Star
Loads of Pints

PostSubject: Re: Now that's a county GAA website........   Now that's a county GAA website........ Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 12:48 am

so she was more of a "blow-er" than a "blow-in"??
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Now that's a county GAA website........   Now that's a county GAA website........ Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 1:13 am

Did she thump Sludden one last summer ?
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Now that's a county GAA website........   Now that's a county GAA website........ Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 1:33 am

For anybody with dodgy knees there is a holy tree stump blessed by St Brigid just outside Carlingford I think that if you kneel into it you shall have healthy knees for life. So far so good for me touch wood.

Also nearby is a "magic" hill where if you switch the engine off and take off the hand brake the car will roll uphill.

I discovered all this the same summer that a local dropped a crate of petrol bombs on Peter Robinsons head while walking down Dundalk main street.

'twas a great summer childhood holiday that year I tell ye. 'tis a mad wee county.

Ye wont find that shit on wikipedia!!!
Back to top Go down
turdman tackle
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Now that's a county GAA website........   Now that's a county GAA website........ Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 2:08 am

turdman forgot this website exsisted for a long time there but he assures everyone he is glad to be back.
has everybody missed turdman and his incoherent ramblings?
Back to top Go down
Loads of Pints
All-Star
All-Star
Loads of Pints

PostSubject: Re: Now that's a county GAA website........   Now that's a county GAA website........ Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 2:11 am

(tumbleweed)
Back to top Go down
doubleagent
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Now that's a county GAA website........   Now that's a county GAA website........ Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 2:18 am

[quote="Sam1928"]For anybody with dodgy knees there is a holy tree stump blessed by St Brigid just outside Carlingford I think that if you kneel into it you shall have healthy knees for life. So far so good for me touch wood.

God its a pity she didn't bless a few tree's down this way with the list of "dodgy knees" we have right now tongue
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: Now that's a county GAA website........   Now that's a county GAA website........ Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 2:39 am

Sam1928 wrote:
For anybody with dodgy knees there is a holy tree stump blessed by St Brigid just outside Carlingford I think that if you kneel into it you shall have healthy knees for life. So far so good for me touch wood.

Also nearby is a "magic" hill where if you switch the engine off and take off the hand brake the car will roll uphill.

I discovered all this the same summer that a local dropped a crate of petrol bombs on Peter Robinsons head while walking down Dundalk main street.

'twas a great summer childhood holiday that year I tell ye. 'tis a mad wee county.

Ye wont find that shit on wikipedia!!!

Jaysus sam could have done with that info 20 years ago, where was dat new fangled internet then huh, huh.

Obviously yer man didn't put enough petrol in dem petrol bombs or was he one of these fuel laundering bucko's and put too much bleach in them????
Back to top Go down
turdman tackle
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Now that's a county GAA website........   Now that's a county GAA website........ Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 4:37 am

Loads of Pints wrote:
(tumbleweed)

turdman thinks this is the story of your life.
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Now that's a county GAA website........   Now that's a county GAA website........ Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 4:50 am

turdman tackle wrote:
Loads of Pints wrote:
(tumbleweed)

turdman thinks this is the story of your life.
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Now that's a county GAA website........   Now that's a county GAA website........ Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 4:55 am

Sam1928 wrote:

Now that's a county GAA website........ Holy_Stone_Of_Clonrichert

Now that's a county GAA website........ 4438516730_e1ce533e3c
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Now that's a county GAA website........   Now that's a county GAA website........ Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 8:28 pm

Yes its all very Father Ted.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Now that's a county GAA website........   Now that's a county GAA website........ Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 8:35 pm

I'm not even talking about how it looks, which in my opinion is better but that's just aesthetics... I'm talking about the substance, I'm talking about the news, throughout the county, match reports, results etc.
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: Now that's a county GAA website........   Now that's a county GAA website........ Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 11:18 am

Dead right Ogie.... Our own county website started great but is pailing into the dark days of no fixtures again..... And as for the Chairmans replies to questions...... Need I answer that......
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Now that's a county GAA website........   Now that's a county GAA website........ Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 12:49 am

Thats what happens when committees run things. Nothing gets done. A website should really only have one or two masters at most responsible for updating it daily.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Now that's a county GAA website........   Now that's a county GAA website........ Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Now that's a county GAA website........
Page 1 of 1