Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The bar is set for our new website!

Go down 
+17
walsheman
Stonecold
kartman
peile
steviegenius
wingback
Could'nt Trap Cement
Ogie
Sam1928
if_in_doubt
abl
Rex
tomcruise
Loads of Pints
koko39
Jimmy winning matches
mrblobby
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

The bar is set for our new website! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The bar is set for our new website!   The bar is set for our new website! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 6:30 pm

look, when you can't get a league table on a weekly basis, something that can be done on a spreadsheet with, being generous, an hour's work a week, it's asking a lot to get a website - the comparison with local rugby and soccer leagues is not a flattering one in that regard. It should actually be a matter of high priority.
Back to top Go down
mrblobby
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: The bar is set for our new website!   The bar is set for our new website! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 8:57 pm

Ladies football in other counties is ran better just open the mondays Indos results section on a busy weekend of club stuff for proof!!
Back to top Go down
wingback
Senior
Senior

Location : Two Mile House and Poulaphouca, Blacktrench, Cutbush and Boolea

PostSubject: Re: The bar is set for our new website!   The bar is set for our new website! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 10:25 pm

mrblobby wrote:
Ladies football in other counties is ran better just open the mondays Indos results section on a busy weekend of club stuff for proof!!

Ohoh...lily marie is going to get you
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: The bar is set for our new website!   The bar is set for our new website! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 12:09 am

attack attack attack
Back to top Go down
bloodsub
Intercounty
Intercounty
bloodsub

PostSubject: Re: The bar is set for our new website!   The bar is set for our new website! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 8:07 am

I thought Club kildare membership guaranteed you two tickets upto the semi final?
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: The bar is set for our new website!   The bar is set for our new website! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 8:22 am

bloodsub wrote:
I thought Club kildare membership guaranteed you two tickets upto the semi final?

100% sure it was to the final last year, however it seems that it may have changed this year which is poor.
Why would you stop at the semi final. There is no issue getting tickets for the 29th, it's the final you would need them for if we get the luck and make our way through.

As a member since it started I'd be gutted if it didn't include the final.
Back to top Go down
gaaweb
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: The bar is set for our new website!   The bar is set for our new website! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 8:48 am

Guys very easy to set up a webpage which we could all contribute to with the likes of the following blog site
http://wordpress.com/

No technical skills required.

I let a few lads from our club off with the blog with no experience and they are well able to add photos and update fixtures and results. You can also use google calendar for fixtures and results.

The alternative is facebook, our club website is now really redundant because most of our members access information through facebook. Only downside compared to a forum like this is that everyone has to come out of the woodwork and admit who they are so no more hiding behind names which is part of the fun of the forum.
Back to top Go down
koko39
Senior
Senior
koko39

PostSubject: Re: The bar is set for our new website!   The bar is set for our new website! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 9:02 am

JME wrote:
bloodsub wrote:

100% sure it was to the final last year, however it seems that it may have changed this year which is poor.
Why would you stop at the semi final. There is no issue getting tickets for the 29th, it's the final you would need them for if we get the luck and make our way through.

As a member since it started I'd be gutted if it didn't include the final.
have to say I'd be gutted too if we didn't get at least one ticket!! I think It'd be a bit mean really. Definitely said on last year's corespondance that we'd get tickets to final but it was changed on this years. Anyway sure we'll wait and see.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: The bar is set for our new website!   The bar is set for our new website! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 9:08 am

TC I may need you to do a highway man impression and steal those tickets yet!!!
Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

PostSubject: Re: The bar is set for our new website!   The bar is set for our new website! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 3:04 pm

fionnmccool wrote:
Lads people are getting worked up about all sorts here.

Firstly the Dublin fan base is huge, a lot of dubs would visit the Hill16 site and the revenue generated from advertising would sustain the site and more probably.
Kildare fan base is hard to judge. Up in Antrim and Derry we had little more than 2,000, in 2 weeks time we may have 40,000.

Dublin recently signed a huge contract with Vodafone to sponsor Dublin GAA.
Kildare are still with Tegral who are letting lads go left right and centre, i'm surprised they are still in business.

We should not even try to compare ourselves to the Dubs, i'd much rather have no website, and put messages in a bottle and win the All Ireland on September 19th.

On a side note, for the people who followed Kildare in Derry and Antrim, should we reach the All Ireland final and anyone of those do not get a ticket. Its a sad day.

To be honest lads , in my opinion , your county board in all decency should in the very least should have , a site shown all county/club FIXTURES/RESULTS at all grades , those who are members of club remember some of your clubs revenue goes to county , there is no excuse, in this day and age its a major let down to true lillies who want just only the basics about there county/club football hurling camoige news & information , But hopefully if this site get more members and more help from voluntary reports from the good member of this site it may fill a void , so do what you can do lads and lasses , if a volunteer from each club even forwarded events fixtures results onto this site it may help , but thats just a opinion , there was a site there ,still is , but no information is been updated for a long time linked to kildare gaa , you all need to put pressure on , begining at club level , and your clubs reps at county board to sort this mess out , as a supporters group you deserve more !!
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: The bar is set for our new website!   The bar is set for our new website! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 7:42 pm

Someone mentioned Facebook. Excellent idea. In the absence of a proper website it could be set up quickly and easy for club fixtures and results and all for free.

However it is a good idea and hence it shall not be used ;-(
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: The bar is set for our new website!   The bar is set for our new website! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 7:45 pm

there is facebok page kildare fans page on facebook
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: The bar is set for our new website!   The bar is set for our new website! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 9:53 pm

Facebook, not my thing. Plus I heard you had to wear a hoodie to use that.
Back to top Go down
koko39
Senior
Senior
koko39

PostSubject: Re: The bar is set for our new website!   The bar is set for our new website! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 9:56 pm

Hey don't knock face book!! The kildare fans page on face book is quite good. Some great photos!
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: The bar is set for our new website!   The bar is set for our new website! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 10:47 pm

JME wrote:

Thats Bebo. You are about 30 years overage to use that site anyway. Me too.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: The bar is set for our new website!   The bar is set for our new website! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 10:57 pm

JME wrote:
i met people that i seen since i left school on it
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: The bar is set for our new website!   The bar is set for our new website! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 10:59 pm

facebook rules!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: The bar is set for our new website!   The bar is set for our new website! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 12:09 am

I'm not convinced. As a bloke in his early to mid thirties, Facebook has as much appeal as a root canal.

Maybe I'm just "not with it".

Each to their own though.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: The bar is set for our new website!   The bar is set for our new website! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 12:17 am

JME wrote:
I'm not convinced. As a bloke in his early to mid thirties, Facebook has as much appeal as a root canal.

Maybe I'm just "not with it".

Each to their own though.
some overdo it with info they put on it . only facebook i would not met class mates not seen in 14 years
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: The bar is set for our new website!   The bar is set for our new website! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 1:13 am

Ex-girlfriends pop up on it though. Very dangerous.
Back to top Go down
rgb
All-Star
All-Star
rgb

PostSubject: Re: The bar is set for our new website!   The bar is set for our new website! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 1:38 am

Are both of yours on it now sam? What does he/she go by now? Razz
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: The bar is set for our new website!   The bar is set for our new website! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 2:21 am

rgb wrote:
Are both of yours on it now sam? What does he/she go by now? Razz

AHHhahahahaha......

..homo.
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: The bar is set for our new website!   The bar is set for our new website! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 2:30 am

He goes by the name...........TOM SELLICK
Back to top Go down
rgb
All-Star
All-Star
rgb

PostSubject: Re: The bar is set for our new website!   The bar is set for our new website! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 3:34 am

Sam , you're cracking that aul joke since 1987. Time for a new one now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The bar is set for our new website!   The bar is set for our new website! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The bar is set for our new website!
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3