Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New website is Great

Go down 
+16
johnsmyth
Yellow Pearl
bob12
midfieldmaestro
wingback
kildarecat
kartman
rgb
walsheman
Derfil
stanley
jnrwhite
Rex
kickingking
lilypremier
foney
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
foney
Junior C
Junior C

New website is Great Empty
PostSubject: New website is Great   New website is Great Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 6:36 pm

Looks like this forum could be outrun by the new forum, looked at it.Very proffesional and no sign of any crap on it.Its worth joing .
Back to top Go down
lilypremier
Senior
Senior
lilypremier

PostSubject: Re: New website is Great   New website is Great Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 6:37 pm

The whole site is absolutley fantastic. It just shows how far behind the old site was.
Fairplay to the county board- its about time we have a proper website.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: New website is Great   New website is Great Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 6:40 pm

foney wrote:
Looks like this forum could be outrun by the new forum, looked at it.Very proffesional and no sign of any crap on it.Its worth joing .

Hi Pádraig!
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: New website is Great   New website is Great Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 6:54 pm

foney wrote:

Razz To late Padraig, we've all jumped ship.
Back to top Go down
jnrwhite
Intermediate
Intermediate
jnrwhite

PostSubject: Re: New website is Great   New website is Great Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 6:58 pm

Website might look good but the forum is still ran by the same crowd with all the same rules in place. I like it over here. Free to say what you feel (obviously to a point).

I reckon this forum is here to stay
Back to top Go down
foney
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Wrong guys   New website is Great Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 7:19 pm

kickingking kick yourself I am not padraigh,

JME no padraigh here, you must be wet after jumping ship.

Guys I made an intelligent comment about the official website and ye guys got paranoid thinking I was somebody else.Come into the real world with some meaningfull comments. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: New website is Great   New website is Great Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 7:24 pm

This lad is comedy gold.
Back to top Go down
stanley
Intercounty
Intercounty
stanley

PostSubject: Re: New website is Great   New website is Great Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 7:25 pm

I tried to sign up for the old forum twice and couldn't and anyway there was too much censorship, people here are getting along grand and it is informative and entertaining , might have a look at the other site now and again to see if there is any news but apart from that I am happy enough here and sticking with this forum..
Back to top Go down
jnrwhite
Intermediate
Intermediate
jnrwhite

PostSubject: Re: New website is Great   New website is Great Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 7:35 pm

foney wrote:

No sign of any crap???? All the forum rules are crap in my eyes
Back to top Go down
Derfil
Senior
Senior
Derfil

PostSubject: Re: New website is Great   New website is Great Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 7:36 pm

Ill join any Kildare forum that'll have me Very Happy
Back to top Go down
foney
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: New website is Great   New website is Great Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 7:40 pm

Junior time for your crap Very Happy
Obey the rules lol!
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: New website is Great   New website is Great Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 12:54 am

foney u snake in the grass
Back to top Go down
rgb
All-Star
All-Star
rgb

PostSubject: Re: New website is Great   New website is Great Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 9:56 am

Foney is in the PFJ
Back to top Go down
kartman
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: New website is Great   New website is Great Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 10:01 am

Website is pretty good. Kevin and peter and nicola and spain did a good job.fair play to them all.
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: New website is Great   New website is Great Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 10:12 am

Can someone give me a link to ths so called brilliant new forum so I can see for myself what all the fuss is about?, not that I'll be joining it as this forum will do just fine for me, every forum needs a certain amount of moderation but these official GAA forums are renowned for their draconian censorship and I'm sure the new official one will be no different.

Then again its not forum policy to publish a link for a rival forum, so maybe tell me where I can find it as I went on to the Club Kildare site and clicked on forum and nothing happened just got the message see below:

"We could not load the forum that you are attempting to access. Please try again later"
Back to top Go down
wingback
Senior
Senior

Location : Two Mile House and Poulaphouca, Blacktrench, Cutbush and Boolea

PostSubject: Re: New website is Great   New website is Great Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 10:17 am

www.kildaregaa.ie

Link to forum is on the homepage on the RHS
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: New website is Great   New website is Great Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 10:33 am

Cheers wingback, I'm sure it will be an improvement on the old Kildare website for information purposes which was awful.
I checked it out but I can't seem to find a link to any forum on it?
Back to top Go down
midfieldmaestro
Senior
Senior
midfieldmaestro

PostSubject: Re: New website is Great   New website is Great Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 10:37 am

I see in the forum on the new website someone has put a link to this forum! Nice!

Questions to the chairman is a kinda interesting section but I'm sure it will be very politically dismissive answers.
Back to top Go down
bob12
All-Star
All-Star
bob12

PostSubject: Re: New website is Great   New website is Great Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 10:42 am

ye very good web site I hope it kept up to date some great stuff in there - well done to all
Back to top Go down
Yellow Pearl
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: New website is Great   New website is Great Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 10:52 am

This website will only be as good as those who are using/updating it. IN this case, its doomed before it starts. Dinosaurs tend not to be much good with websites and computers.
Very noicable how 3 or 4 posts are made here all around the same time, saying how good this new site is. Im not referring to our regular posters, but the new posters. No doubt actung under instruction.
The fact remains that the former site was in the top 6 in Ireland at the time and this was contributed to largely by the folk in here and the forum. It won't be long before the tumbleweed is blowing around Padraigs fantabulous new toy.
I'll be staying here where freedom of speech is embraced. Honest conversations and debate can go ahead without draconian rules like "thou shalt not use text speak". Like WTF are they like.......
Back to top Go down
johnsmyth
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: New website is Great   New website is Great Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 10:58 am

I dont like the mottled grey background it hurt my eyes,so I think I'll stick with this forum.
Back to top Go down
SamMaguire
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: New website is Great   New website is Great Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 11:21 am

I also think the new site is very good. We shouldn't criticise the new forum just because of it's rules. In fairness, all forums have to outline some sort of ground rules. If anything the forum charter on this site is even more detailed. For example, text speak is also banned on here in case some people hadn't noticed.

I am not connected in any way with the new site and fully intend staying with the independent forum given the way we were treated with the old one. It was a disgrace that the official site was down for so long but at least a genuine effort is being made to correct that at this stage so fair play to them for that at least.
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: New website is Great   New website is Great Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 11:26 am

Didn't the old site under the old admin win some sort of prize?
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: New website is Great   New website is Great Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 11:50 am

I will not be rushing to the new Forum in a hurry.Sure I would miss all the craic here.Where would you get a JME,Fionn,Sam,Fone,Carburyman ( a dodgy carburyman I think ) , Hawker , Stonecold , Manbearpig ( tanned ) , Loadsof pints , if in doubt , steviegenius, Armagh4 Sam and Kildarecat etc.I would say that ye are the dodgiest Lillies on the planet Very Happy

Time to call it.I am a huge admirer of Down football.They are great to watch and cocky geezers at that.Benny Coulter is one of the best players I have ever seen.Still cannot believe that somebody compared him to Joe Sheridan.However , I do not think that they are as good as they looked against Kerry.This is our best chance in a long time and although I am a little worried about the lack of pace in our backs I am going for Kildare by 4.

Come on the Lillies cheers .
Back to top Go down
rgb
All-Star
All-Star
rgb

PostSubject: Re: New website is Great   New website is Great Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 12:58 pm

The new website for the info, this place for the gossip and shitetalk! As many others ahve said, an independent forum is a far better thing anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New website is Great   New website is Great Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New website is Great
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next