Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NFL Div 3 Squad and Matches 2016

Go down 
+20
OutTheGap
Dido
kelf
murof
kickingking
Onhisboot
lomond
flourman
Gaa1928
jim
lilywhite09
Lily8
Westside
Taibi
SeamusMurphy
Ohtoohtobe
spot on
LillieLad
Rex
kildaregaa365
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

NFL Div 3 Squad and Matches 2016 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Div 3 Squad and Matches 2016   NFL Div 3 Squad and Matches 2016 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2016 2:14 am

If Morgan isn't fully fit surely it would be better off him getting more game time for Carbury and get up to scratch fully and be brought back in? I would have in ahead of Kevin myself tbh but the manager is seeing these players day in and day out I'm sure he and his selectors are going to make the right decision. I also wan't too see Cahill get a chance but if he improves on the weaknesses O'Neill thinks he has he will be brought back in.
Back to top Go down
Lily8
All-Star
All-Star
Lily8

PostSubject: Re: NFL Div 3 Squad and Matches 2016   NFL Div 3 Squad and Matches 2016 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2016 2:41 am

No matter what 35 were picked everyone wasn't going to be happy but there's something a miss with the decision to drop Cahill in my opinion, particularly considering some of the players who were chosen. Yes club and county are different but Cahill has been the stand out player of the senior club championship over the last few years, fully deserving his chance with Kildare and I can't see that he did a whole lot wrong in his O'Byrne Cup performances. He scored 0-04 against Louth and what was it, 0-05 against Offaly? Cian O'Neill's interview on KFM at 4pm will be interesting.
Back to top Go down
Dido
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: NFL Div 3 Squad and Matches 2016   NFL Div 3 Squad and Matches 2016 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2016 3:14 am

Lily8 wrote:
No matter what 35 were picked everyone wasn't going to be happy but there's something a miss with the decision to drop Cahill in my opinion, particularly considering some of the players who were chosen. Yes club and county are different but Cahill has been the stand out player of the senior club championship over the last few years, fully deserving his chance with Kildare and I can't see that he did a whole lot wrong in his O'Byrne Cup performances. He scored 0-04 against Louth and what was it, 0-05 against Offaly? Cian O'Neill's interview on KFM at 4pm will be interesting.

Maybe the management seen what I seen in 2014 at the county Final........Sash v moores...

Cahill had a free role in the drawn game with no tight marking from any moores player.and scored 10 points ....The replay Moorefield put james Lonergen on him...first 10 min 50/50 ball they went for Cahill was put over the side line with a fair tackle.
Cahill did not want to know from then on and scored 1 point from a free the whole game.....You need bottle to be a top player (Jonny Doyle had plenty of roughing up down through the years but was never shy for a 50/50 ball).

For me this is where Cahill downfall he has all the attributes of a footballer but I am afraid a to say not the bravest.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NFL Div 3 Squad and Matches 2016   NFL Div 3 Squad and Matches 2016 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2016 3:26 am

Lily8 wrote:

Will the prerecorded interview really be that interesting? Will KFM push him to hard for fear of not getting some air time with him in future.

When Ryan was losing games left,right and centre KFM and the local journos tickled his belly. When McGeeney was shafted by the county board, there was a little backlash but it was as you were with the journos and the cosying up to the county board and new man in.

I wouldn't be concerned with the panel picked, for the most part the best players are on the panel. 50/50 calls over some players. I'd be more concerned about the type of football O'Neill is trying to implement and possibly a style of football that does not suit us.

2 weeks time against Westmeath will tell the story of all of this.

Back to top Go down
Lily8
All-Star
All-Star
Lily8

PostSubject: Re: NFL Div 3 Squad and Matches 2016   NFL Div 3 Squad and Matches 2016 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2016 3:36 am

Freddy Krueger wrote:
Lily8 wrote:

Will the prerecorded interview really be that interesting? Will KFM push him to hard for fear of not getting some air time with him in future.

When Ryan was losing games left,right and centre KFM and the local journos tickled his belly. When McGeeney was shafted by the county board, there was a little backlash but it was as you were with the journos and the cosying up to the county board and new man in.

That is true alright Freddy. Would like to see him asked the hard questions but not likely.
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: NFL Div 3 Squad and Matches 2016   NFL Div 3 Squad and Matches 2016 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2016 4:57 am

Heard the interview with Cian on KFM and he spoke well, as usual. He wasn't that convincing with his reasons for leaving Ray Cahill and Morgan off the squad. It just looks like he doesn't fancy them as players, which is his right. He will be judged on his results in competitive matches, starting with Westmeath in 2 weeks which won't be easy. 

That interviewer from KFM really asks some stupid questions. At one stage, he asked Cian would it be better to move the O'Byrne Cup to between the league and the championship. Hadn't heard that one before!
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: NFL Div 3 Squad and Matches 2016   NFL Div 3 Squad and Matches 2016 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2016 6:14 am

Dido wrote:
Lily8 wrote:

Maybe the management seen what I seen in 2014 at the county Final........Sash v moores...

Cahill had a free role in the drawn game with no tight marking from any moores player.and scored 10 points ....The replay Moorefield put james Lonergen on him...first 10 min 50/50 ball they went for Cahill was put over the side line with a fair tackle.
Cahill did not want to know from then on and scored 1 point from a free the whole game.....You need bottle to be a top player (Jonny Doyle had plenty of roughing up down through the years but was never shy for a 50/50 ball).

For me this is where Cahill downfall he has all the attributes of a footballer but I am afraid a to say not the bravest.....

Dido while it is true James Lonergan did a great job in the county final replay, to use the one bad game Ray has had iver the last 3/4 years as a barometer is silly in the extreme, Ray took our best defender Ollie Lyons for 1.08 in the county semi final last year!
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: NFL Div 3 Squad and Matches 2016   NFL Div 3 Squad and Matches 2016 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2016 8:38 am

I honestly don't believe this thing that the squad is open and players will have a chance to join the squad before the Wexford game based on their performances in the Kildare Football Leagues. I have attended approx 20 plus league games a year over the last 20 years and have never seen a member of the Kildare management team at a game.

Indeed I think that 3/4 players will join from the U/21 team and that will be it.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: NFL Div 3 Squad and Matches 2016   NFL Div 3 Squad and Matches 2016 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2016 9:32 am

Anyone have any info on the challenge match against Crossmaglen last Thursday night?

2-15 in the first half is good scoring regardless of the quality of opposition.

Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: NFL Div 3 Squad and Matches 2016   NFL Div 3 Squad and Matches 2016 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2016 10:26 am

Heard that in his interview. 2-15 to 0-2 in the first half is good stuff. He didn't mention the 2nd half though.

On his interview, I thought he spoke very well. Knows what he wants and has a passion for the white jersey and wants the players to have that passion. Good to hear him mention our numerous horrific collapses over the last two years, getting rid of them would be a good starting point.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: NFL Div 3 Squad and Matches 2016   NFL Div 3 Squad and Matches 2016 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2016 11:57 am

Gaa1928 wrote:
I honestly don't believe this thing that the squad is open and players will have a chance to join the squad before the Wexford game based on their performances in the Kildare Football Leagues.  I have attended approx 20 plus league games a year over the last 20 years and have never seen a member of the Kildare management team at a game.  

Indeed I think that 3/4 players will join from the U/21 team and that will be it.

Nor me. Hope this changes but unlikely.
Back to top Go down
Westside
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: NFL Div 3 Squad and Matches 2016   NFL Div 3 Squad and Matches 2016 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2016 8:46 pm

topcat wrote:
Dido wrote:
Lily8 wrote:

Dido while it is true James Lonergan did a great job in the county final replay, to use the one bad game Ray has had iver the last 3/4 years as a barometer is silly in the extreme, Ray took our best defender Ollie Lyons for 1.08 in the county semi final last year!

Topcat your facts are wrong there. As a Celbridge man I can tell you Ray didnt get any score off Lyons in that game and hardly touched the ball, only scores Ray got were at the end of the game when Lyons was moved to the forwards.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: NFL Div 3 Squad and Matches 2016   NFL Div 3 Squad and Matches 2016 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2016 9:10 pm

Looking at the list of 14 forwads on the panel. Ray is a better score getter, two footed forward than at least 6 of them.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: NFL Div 3 Squad and Matches 2016   NFL Div 3 Squad and Matches 2016 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2016 11:52 pm

Anyone got a link to the interview.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: NFL Div 3 Squad and Matches 2016   NFL Div 3 Squad and Matches 2016 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2016 12:20 am

Westside wrote:
topcat wrote:
Dido wrote:
Lily8 wrote:

Topcat your facts are wrong there. As a Celbridge man I can tell you Ray didnt get any score off Lyons in that game and hardly touched the ball, only scores Ray got were at the end of the game when Lyons was moved to the forwards.

Fair enough Westside, Ray did score 1.08 in that game though, the majority being while he was marked by Lyons, the 2 points from play near the end might have been off Conway, if you look at the majority of scores Sarsfields got that day and in all of their championship games, Ray would have been heavily involved in either the creation of the score or scoring it himself. Cian has obviously seen something in Ray's game that he doesn't like which is his right as the manager of the team. Ray will hopefully continue to perform well for Sarsfields and may get called back in for the championship but as someone mentioned earlier I doubt the panel in open ended - the only way new players will be sought for is if Kildare have a poor showing in the League.
Back to top Go down
Westside
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: NFL Div 3 Squad and Matches 2016   NFL Div 3 Squad and Matches 2016 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2016 12:54 am

Difference between scores from play and from frees Topcat.

Also, if Ray was good enough do you not think Padraig Brennan whos a selector and club mate would have got him kept on the panel.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: NFL Div 3 Squad and Matches 2016   NFL Div 3 Squad and Matches 2016 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2016 4:37 am

There actually is no difference between a score from a free and a score from play, u get one point for each. Sorry to be so glib about it but they do amount to the same thing on the scoreboard.

On Padraig, he may believe Ray is not good enough, just because Padraig is a Sarsfields man, his role now is to pick the best panel for Kildare not get as many sash lads as possible onto the panel. If Padraig does believe Ray is good enough he is only one of four on the management team!!
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: NFL Div 3 Squad and Matches 2016   NFL Div 3 Squad and Matches 2016 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2016 4:49 am

Sometimes for whatever reason managers don't see some lads as fitting their game or being able to make the step up.
In the past lads like John O'Donoghue and Mark O'Sullivan have shot the lights out in club championship but failed to make an impact with Kildare.
It's up to Cahill now to prove O'Neill wrong!...or otherwise...
Back to top Go down
Celbridgelad
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: NFL Div 3 Squad and Matches 2016   NFL Div 3 Squad and Matches 2016 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2016 1:16 am

Did Chris fenner of Laurence's get looked at this year, was on the panel at some stage last year before heading stateside
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: NFL Div 3 Squad and Matches 2016   NFL Div 3 Squad and Matches 2016 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2016 3:45 am

Wasn't on any list I saw.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: NFL Div 3 Squad and Matches 2016   NFL Div 3 Squad and Matches 2016 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2016 9:46 am

Kildare Senior Football Team Captain for 2016 is Eoin Doyle, Vice-Captain is Peter Kelly.
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: NFL Div 3 Squad and Matches 2016   NFL Div 3 Squad and Matches 2016 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2016 9:59 am

Delighted with that two leaders and hard as nails hope both can stay fit now!!
Back to top Go down
Lily8
All-Star
All-Star
Lily8

PostSubject: Re: NFL Div 3 Squad and Matches 2016   NFL Div 3 Squad and Matches 2016 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2016 10:20 am

Very happy with that. Doyle is one of our best players and a great leader. Peter Kelly too. Two good choices.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: NFL Div 3 Squad and Matches 2016   NFL Div 3 Squad and Matches 2016 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2016 10:53 am

Good call with both men. Two lads with an edge to their game.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: NFL Div 3 Squad and Matches 2016   NFL Div 3 Squad and Matches 2016 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2016 12:50 pm

Two great fellas with a serious winning attitude.. let's hope we can keep them injury free.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NFL Div 3 Squad and Matches 2016   NFL Div 3 Squad and Matches 2016 - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NFL Div 3 Squad and Matches 2016
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next