Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NFL Div 3 Squad and Matches 2016

Go down 
+20
OutTheGap
Dido
kelf
murof
kickingking
Onhisboot
lomond
flourman
Gaa1928
jim
lilywhite09
Lily8
Westside
Taibi
SeamusMurphy
Ohtoohtobe
spot on
LillieLad
Rex
kildaregaa365
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

NFL Div 3 Squad and Matches 2016 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Div 3 Squad and Matches 2016   NFL Div 3 Squad and Matches 2016 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2016 7:13 pm

Best selections available to my mind, and wholehearted players both. Comments about "serious winning attitude" don't really gel with me though when I think of 5 and 7 goal hammerings last summer (albeit Kelly wasn't on the field for much of it). That's not to pick on these 2 lads but perhaps we don't measure our players against the highest standards. The Kildare team collectively have not shown a "serious winning attitude" since around 2010/11 and that's the biggest thing I hope Cian O'Neill can bring to it this year, other than a structure of playing that suits the players available.
Back to top Go down
Dinny Breen
Senior
Senior
Dinny Breen

PostSubject: Re: NFL Div 3 Squad and Matches 2016   NFL Div 3 Squad and Matches 2016 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2016 10:17 pm

Personally I would love to see a "hate to lose attitude" everyone loves to win but a lot of our lads just gave up too easily last summer.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: NFL Div 3 Squad and Matches 2016   NFL Div 3 Squad and Matches 2016 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2016 10:45 pm

We did have a serious winning attitude in 2010/11 but dont forget how easily we lost it in 2012 and a took a few beatings of Meath and Cork. A lot of that was the manager allowing the squad to go stale and not bringing in new players. To his credit he did that the next year.
Ryan on the other hand was completely out of his depth in Kildare and has to take responsibility for the steep decline in our fortunes.
It is possible for a player like Eoin Doyle to have a winning/hate to lose attitude and still be overrun by a wave of players running at him. It happened to Glen Ryan often enough and it only changed in 98 when players around him like Finn and Rainbow stopped being nice and developed a hard edge.
Doyle will be a good captain but unless we learn from the past and everyone adopts his attitude then we wont go far. However I think our new manager is a big plus for us this year and Div 3 gives us a little more leeway to make progress slowly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NFL Div 3 Squad and Matches 2016   NFL Div 3 Squad and Matches 2016 - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NFL Div 3 Squad and Matches 2016
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4