Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Longford

Go down 
+20
jimmers
inexile
spot on
white boy
Dinny Breen
Ogie
jim
Gaa1928
lilysavage
kickingking
kelf
flourman
murof
SeamusMurphy
Ohtoohtobe
OutTheGap
topcat
Rex
rob11
Kildare98
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Longford - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2016 11:22 pm

Fionns a better trainer than Willie Mullins
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2016 11:24 pm

I could see Chris Healy or Ben McCormack getting a call up after the u21 campaign if they maintain their current form.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2016 11:32 pm

Rex wrote:
flourman wrote:
Tipp game fixed for Easter Saturday at 2pm - from a reliable source
You'd think they'd be confirming it. When are they going to announce or do we need to be mind-readers. We are basically three weeks away and no one knows when or where that match is on.

According to the official GAA website this game is on in Thurles at 2.00 p.m. on Saturday 26th March.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2016 11:58 pm

Very little pace in that full forward line, that would be a big worry for me. Leper and Paudie can win their own ball but will need support from the half forwards or I can't see many scores coming from their line. 

Should be good enough if the heads are right on Sunday. A decent bench hopefully to stretch the game later if needed.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2016 12:01 am

murof wrote:
That full forward line would worry me. How many chances can Dowling get? Must be a great lad in training. 1 to 9 is starting to get a settled look about it.

I think you're the only one who they'd worry murof
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2016 10:09 am

Paudi played well against Derry in 06........10 years ago ffs.... I'd be worried about the lack of pace overall in our forwards. Pace is everything come summer.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2016 10:44 am

Fionn / paudie / Eamon, hope I'm wrong, but can't see to many scores coming from here. . We haven't moved on an awful lot.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2016 12:03 pm

What were you expecting Seamus? There aren't 25 lads out there that were being blackguarded over the years.

Paudie has potential at full-forward. I would have liked to have seen it a few years ago but his selflessness and honesty prevented it happening and he settled himself to bursting his balls for the team instead.

Leper has been (relatively) clear of injury for a while now - he's a big role model in the squad, and actually a decent ball winner. And a good score taker, though he has kicked some bad wides this year but then who doesn't at this godawful time of the year.

McGeeney always felt Dowling was different gravy but was haunted by injuries. He hasn't done it at senior level, no doubt about it.

Jim, sure we'd all love pace up top - do you just inject it? And it sure as shit isn't summer now!

Fuck me.

There are some potentially nice young forwards around and some of them will make it through to the panel and some of that lot will make it. Some. Just as has been the case with the many county minors and U21s over the years, with wine, women, work and song - life - and a lack of development getting in the way.

Fionn Dowling was Jesus Christ reincarnate on these pages once upon a time. Three managers have picked him now. God if only Kildare could get a fucking decent manager at all grades... unluckiest county in Ireland.

What you'd like to see is them putting a team away and putting in a 60-minute performance at least.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2016 12:36 pm

Wow Ogie you must have had a late night with potty-mouthed rant like that Shocked
No one here doubts what Leper and Paudie have done in the last 10 years but they have done a huge amount of running particularly in the McGeeney era and neither got much of a run in the fullforward line. I actually think both of them could have done a good job in the full forward line in the past and maybe both can still do.
Nothing against Dowling but a player has to be judged on senior form and he tends to kick an awful lot of wides. The best thing about Div 3 is the chance to try new players and imo the full forward line looks a bit tired.
Kildare have decent managers at all grades now surely?
ps Actually agree with your last sentence!
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2016 12:40 pm

Ogie apologies I wasn't having a go. It's just a general observations apart from Daniel Flynn we lack forwards with that blistering pace but we certainly have some really goo,d very exciting forwards.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2016 1:32 pm

Stop pissing Ogie off ..
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2016 2:19 pm

Opinion respected Ogie.
Mine is on where the scores may come from.. hopefully I'll be proven wrong come Sunday, as I often am.
Back to top Go down
Dinny Breen
Senior
Senior
Dinny Breen

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2016 3:16 pm

SeamusMurphy wrote:
Opinion respected Ogie.  
Mine is on where the scores may come from.. hopefully I'll be proven wrong come Sunday,  as I often am.

In fairness we haven't had a problem getting scores, conceding scores on the other hand...
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2016 5:57 pm

Dinny Breen wrote:
SeamusMurphy wrote:
Opinion respected Ogie.  
Mine is on where the scores may come from.. hopefully I'll be proven wrong come Sunday,  as I often am.

In fairness we haven't had a problem getting scores, conceding scores on the other hand...

Our 2nd half scoring hasn't been good.. no point from play in the 2nd half v offaly.
Back to top Go down
white boy
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2016 11:48 pm

Dowling this the lads big chance and he last I hope he takes it . I thought he would not make the panel let's hope he proves us all wrong. Mybe the manager see something in him an can bring it out we see?
Back to top Go down
spot on
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2016 8:33 am

its maybe his best team out so fair a few u21 to join panel along way to go folks confused
Back to top Go down
spot on
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2016 8:41 am

the u21 will win lenister.probabley play the dubs in final.should have beating then last year.better team and players this time Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2016 9:59 am

murof wrote:
Wow Ogie you must have had a late night with potty-mouthed rant like that Shocked
No one here doubts what Leper and Paudie have done in the last 10 years but they have done a huge amount of running particularly in the McGeeney era and neither got much of a run in the fullforward line. I actually think both of them could have done a good job in the full forward line in the past and maybe both can still do.
Nothing against Dowling but a player has to be judged on senior form and he tends to kick an awful lot of wides. The best thing about Div 3 is the chance to try new players and imo the full forward line looks a bit tired.
Kildare have decent managers at all grades now surely?
ps Actually agree with your last sentence!

Potty-mouthed?! That was reserved for me.

Anyway, I was blowing off steam that's been building up in the last few months of abstention from contentious debate here! (a hissy fit, if you like). To be fair, I needed it but I apologise if it offended. Ah no, not really, but you know what I mean!

Agree on Fionn kicking too many wides murof - shooting too eagerly and on sight. And my comments on the standard of Kildare managers was sarcastic. Someone has said I look down and denigrate Kildare when I made that comment before... it's just that great teams always seem to have been undone by poor management.

Seamus, Jim, murof etc - you're not wrong of course. You would love more pace and all the rest. Contrary to the perception though, there has been a huge change in the past three seasons and there will be in the next three. It's not like it's been the same team for a decade. Nothing could be further from the truth. I wouldn't say there's anyone hasn't gotten a chance. I wouldn't say there's anyone not being used that could improve us significantly.

Cian O'Neill is in the job a couple of months. I would hope that at the end of 2017, there'll be cause for positivity as there are some good young lads with potential knocking around if they can progress.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2016 10:04 am

flourman wrote:
Stop pissing Ogie off ..
Razz
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2016 10:06 am

jim wrote:
Ogie apologies I wasn't having a go. It's just a general observations apart from Daniel Flynn we lack forwards with that blistering pace but we certainly have some really goo,d very exciting forwards.

No need to apologise Jim, you'd love that speed and there isn't anyone that really has it, and all the rest, like Flynner. You'd love him getting on the ball maybe a little closer to goal but he's so athletic. See how Feely, Moolick and co go.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2016 10:06 am

SeamusMurphy wrote:
Opinion respected Ogie.  

Same as Seamus... on the first line and the last one!
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2016 6:45 pm

No worries Ogie, actually think its a good team under the circumstances. Just think the full forward line a little strange.
I'm a big fan of O'Neil and think we will see huge improvement over the coming years. Promotion and a good run to a Leinster final is possible. After that a competitive display against Dublin, not to much to hope for surely Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2016 8:24 am

Best of luck today boys. Another 2 points is the main thing.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2016 10:48 am

I think there's a long way to go to be competitive against Dublin, my fear is flaws that exist won't be exposed by Offaly and co. But having said that, you'd certainly like to see Kildare under 10 points and be in the game after 50 minutes. And then 2017 improve again. The potential looks to be there to be challenging in three or four years, maybe less if the Dubs' hunger wanes.
Back to top Go down
inexile
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2016 3:08 pm

Listening on KFM. Kildare appear to be out of sorts. Interested to hear.what lads at the match have to say
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Longford
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next