Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Longford

Go down 
+35
Liffey Likes
lilysavage
Shergar
Cilldara_2000
DONTPULLOUT
learmus
flourman
jimmers
hawker
micky murphy
MD
Onhisboot
Onechance
moatesports
The Lillywhite
LillieLad
bite the pillow
Borderline
bigball
tomoneillandhissisteranne
Rex
White Bridge
Dinny Breen
TommyKeegan
KILL BILL
murof
Ogie
Gaa1928
Big Full Back
kildaregaa365
Kildare98
Jimmy winning matches
Flamingo
SeamusMurphy
Xavi
39 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Xavi
Senior
Senior

Kildare v Longford Empty
PostSubject: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2018 7:15 pm

Longford away . Having watched them with 14 men yesterday against Dublin I think they are decent enough to cause us trouble if our attitude isn't right.

Tough one to call .
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Longford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2018 7:23 pm

That's not simple at all..
I'd expect all 8 1st round qualifier winners to win though.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Longford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2018 7:32 pm

What's the capacity in that place ?..
I believe the stand is sinking, and closed off.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Longford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2018 7:47 pm

I think it is just under 10,000 as far as I know and there are issues.
Will this mean that their 'home' could be in Mullingar for this one?

In terms of the game it is very much a dodgy one in terms of Pearse Park. They will definitely fancy their chances.
Any word on Feely and Brophy yet?

Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Longford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2018 7:53 pm

Flamingo wrote:
I think it is just under 10,000 as far as I know and there are issues.
Will this mean that their 'home' could be in Mullingar for this one?

In terms of the game it is very much a dodgy one in terms of Pearse Park. They will definitely fancy their chances.
Any word on Feely and Brophy yet?

Longford play their in Leinster Championship Quarter Final in Pearse Park against Meath only few weeks ago .also some of Stand is open.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Longford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2018 8:04 pm

Are qualifiers treated differently as they are in All Ireland series? Genuine question there...
Look it either way it won't be easy and they will pack the place fancying this one big time.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

Kildare v Longford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2018 8:11 pm

Very tricky, they've claimed some big qualifier scalps & probably would have done better against Financial Dopers FC if McGivney hadn't gone full Ramos.

Mind you, if Cluxton is out long-term & Mayo or Dubs end up beating them they might give MOTM to McGivney.

Connerton's fawning over Dubs afterwards was cringeworthy - "they are like Real Madrid" etc. Jaysus I know we're still trying to become a top team but at least we are the one team in Leinster who'll stand up to them.

Btw look out for Longford ultras lads (Eugene McGee and a few of the local farmers).
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

Kildare v Longford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2018 8:23 pm

Look we got a whole lot closer to Dublin twice in the last 12 months than Longford did. If we can replicate the attitude of Saturday afternoon we’ll win this. Turn up with a “Carlow” attitude and we’re gonnas. Decent draw given some of the alternatives.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Longford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2018 8:27 pm

Another win and some confidence and belief built up and we will trouble most other teams left.
The other lads in the pot are there for the same reason we are...losing games.
Bring on Longford if we have that same attitude, but I am wary of their inside line and we still need to tighten up a lot.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

Kildare v Longford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2018 9:01 pm

Was very fearful of the mentality going into Derry game, but fair play to them, they clearly closed ranks and even Derry goals didn't unduly rattle them.

But while there is ability in this team, unless we bring that hard edge and aggression, we are just another team. It was actually refreshing to see Hyland put your man on his arse when he was through on goal. Took a clip for this trouble as well.

Before the ball was even thrown in, they were beating up the Derry lads. More of the same next time – within reason, nothing stupid etc etc.
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

Kildare v Longford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2018 9:58 pm

Think Saturday’s win will have done a world of good for the lads confidence and hopefully that is the kick we needed to get back into gear. On Paper realistically the results should be:

Tipperary v Mayo - Mayo
Waterford v Monaghan - Monaghan
Cavan v Down - Cavan
Carlow v Tyrone - Tyrone
Offaly v Clare - Offaly
Longford v Kildare - Kildare
Sligo v Armagh - Armagh
Leitrim v Louth - Louth

Will be an interesting Round 3 and looks a tougher draw than Round 4 will be.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Longford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2018 10:01 pm

One would imagine that our game will be moved to Sunday or there will be a massive backlash from the hurling supporters, and rightly so, however with the Leinster Final on the same day it might not suit the 'powers to be'.

I am still going for a 2.00 p.m. throw in on the Sunday.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Longford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2018 10:05 pm

Couldn't see Offaly beat Clare on all known form over the last four years... unless they are so devastated by the hiding they got against Kerry when they had built themselves up to believing that they could get close at least. And maybe Offaly are feeling great about themselves but I was in Tullamore and my God Antrim weren't that interested in winning.

So there are the immeasurable factors but I'll go on the form book and believe Clare should win with a bit in hand.

So that's Offaly then.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

Kildare v Longford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2018 10:13 pm

I was also quite surprised by Clare's showing... I know Kerry are a different level to us, but whenever we have played them they have been an absolute handful. For all Offaly's new management bounce, if Clare play anywhere near their ability they should win.

Side note, but I have family links in Offaly and what has happened to GAA in the county is a disgrace. You could write a book on hurling there, and as for football, with their tradition they should 100 percent be able to keep pace with a county like Monaghan for example.

As bad as it is following Kildare with their shockingly erratic performances, my Offaly friends have an unreal amount of frustration.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Longford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2018 10:25 pm

Think 6 of those games are fairly straightforward with our game and Offaly Clare more like 50:50.
If we could somehow lower our concession rate we would be a match for a lot of teams.
For those who were at the match who went CB when Doyle was black carded and did it make us any better?
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Longford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2018 10:32 pm

Gaa1928 wrote:
One would imagine that our game will be moved to Sunday or there will be a massive backlash from the hurling supporters, and rightly so, however with the Leinster Final on the same day it might not suit the 'powers to be'.

I am still going for a 2.00 p.m. throw in on the Sunday.

Christy Ring Saturday June 23

If Kildare junior footballers beat louth their semifinal tomorrow night in Louth the final in Croke Park on June 24 @1.45pm before Leinster senior final

Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

Kildare v Longford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2018 10:35 pm

Murray went CB. I still think it's outrageous he didn't play in Carlow debacle.

Tactically the defence is still the single biggest issue in this team. There is no way we should be gifting soft goals to a team like Derry. In general, goals are killing us.

Someone needs to be delegated to sit in front of the centre back when he drops, and the wing forwards and midfielders still aren't doing enough defensively to plug gaps.

If we could sort out that basic that set-up, everyone would start to look a lot better individually.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Longford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2018 11:28 pm

Longford, Louth and Laois.. the Carlsberg draw.

I think I'll go with BFB predictions.. 17/1 accum.

Kildare 1/2. Longford 2/1. Draw 15/2.
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Longford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2018 12:07 am

I'm normally the pessimistic one with Kildare but I feel 100% certain we'll win this, can't see any other outcome.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Longford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2018 12:37 am

When you look at the draw and see both Offaly and Louth who lost badly in the preliminary round in Leinster having a decent chance of making round 3 and Carlows 'reward' for winning 2 games is a match against Tyrone.

Also Meath and Westmeath's ( last years Leinster Semi Finalists ) season over it appears to be a strange year already.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Longford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2018 12:59 am

Saturday 23rd, 19.00, Pearse Park.
Back to top Go down
Dinny Breen
Senior
Senior
Dinny Breen

Kildare v Longford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2018 1:07 am

Hurling at 2pm in Croke Park. Both games are doable but a long day beckons.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

Kildare v Longford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2018 1:18 am

Only a few hours from Longford... Yeah I think Gene Pitney's original title was better.
Back to top Go down
White Bridge
Intercounty
Intercounty

Kildare v Longford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2018 1:32 am

It's doable but not easy........!
Surely Sunday would have been the better bet
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Longford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2018 1:35 am

Same time as the Munster Final, shame.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kildare v Longford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Longford
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next