Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Longford

Go down 
+34
Ohtoohtobe
kickingking
reichenhall
MD
stanley
Onhisboot
Flamingo
milltownmary
Stonecold
lilysavage
Ned
tomoneillandhissisteranne
lilly-exile
Lily8
bob12
teedee
murof
topcat
SeamusMurphy
moatesports
Taibi
kelf
Westside
white boy
kildaregaa365
Ogie
flourman
Gaa1928
LillieLad
OutTheGap
Bad News Baba
lillyboy
Shergar
jj
38 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Longford Empty
PostSubject: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2015 6:47 pm

Longford it is lads, pity it's not in Newbridge but if we play to our potential we will win.
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Longford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2015 6:51 pm

They were saying on the Sunday Game last night that Longford's ground might not be able to stage the qualifier if a big crowd was expected. Even though they did play Carlow there in Round 1.

That's Longford in the senior qualifier on Saturday and in the minor final on Sunday.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Longford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2015 6:58 pm

Longford's first game in Leinster was against Offaly in Tullamore
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
Bad News Baba

Kildare v Longford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2015 7:34 pm

Away draw again, but on the plus side it's not away to Roscommon. If we get to play them in a neutral venue that would be a big help. They are tricky enough customers and beat Clare who we scrapped over last year. If we are not at 100% we won't beat them and they will see this as a big opportunity to progress to where they don't often be.
Jack Sheedy will know our players, so we won't hold any surprises to them.

I rate this as a 50/50 game at best.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Longford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2015 8:32 pm

By that criteria, a win would be a great result. Agree completely that playing it in Pearse Park makes it more difficult.
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
Bad News Baba

Kildare v Longford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2015 8:38 pm

Maybe we could move this game to Sunday at 12 to be the Curtain raiser for the Minors.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Longford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2015 8:52 pm

Bad News Baba wrote:
Maybe we could move this game to Sunday at 12 to be the Curtain raiser for the Minors.

Going on our recent past, if we had been drawn at home our county board would have probably have requested that we play in Croke Park Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

Kildare v Longford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2015 9:13 pm

Gaa1928 wrote:
Bad News Baba wrote:

Going on our recent past, if we had been drawn at home our county board would have probably have requested that we play in Croke Park Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
Is the minor game not on at 12 ??
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Longford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2015 9:19 pm

jj wrote:
Gaa1928 wrote:
Bad News Baba wrote:

Is the minor game not on at 12 ??

Yeah I think you right, Leinster Football Final on at 2.00 p.m. and Munster Hurling Final on at 4.00 p.m.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

Kildare v Longford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2015 9:25 pm

Shows how far we have fallen that people rate Longford as a 50/50 match. And while this was probably the team we wanted I would have less confidence than I did versus Offaly. Longford proved themselves a better championship team than Offaly in Tullamore and have real pedegree in the qualifiers, particularly at home (if it is at home). Hopefully it will be played on neutral ground but it's unfortunately going to be another nail biter I fear.

Maybe our luck is turning though having avoided Roscommon who I think would muller our defence.

Kildare by 2.
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
Bad News Baba

Kildare v Longford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2015 9:35 pm

One big aspect I would worry about is our lack of improvement. With McGeeney we would start the Championship slowly which caught us on the hop more than once, but as the qualifiers progressed we would get stronger and stronger. At the moment there is zero improvement, in fact apart from those 10 minutes against Laois our performance has declined as we have went along.
Offaly just weren't good enough to take advantage.

There has to be a point the team improves with games played, four this year already, Longoford will be five if it doesn't then that is an even bigger indictment of the manager than anything
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Longford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2015 10:02 pm

Looks like 6 football qualifiers and 2 hurling qualifiers scheduled to be played this Saturday, times for throw in's will be interesting.

You would think Tyrone v Meath and Cork v Clare live on T.V. ????
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

Kildare v Longford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2015 10:10 pm

Bad News Baba wrote:
One big aspect I would worry about is our lack of improvement. With McGeeney we would start the Championship slowly which caught us on the hop more than once, but as the qualifiers progressed we would get stronger and stronger. At the moment there is zero improvement, in fact apart from those 10 minutes against Laois our performance has declined as we have went along.
Offaly just weren't good enough to take advantage.

There has to be a point the team improves with games played, four this year already, Longoford will be five if it doesn't then that is an even bigger indictment of the manager than anything

I honestly don't think there is that much, if any, improvement left in the tank when you see the lack of options we have off the bench. At the moment we are at roughly the same level as Longford and generally we have a good record against such teams. Think we will get home by 3 or 4 after a good battle
Back to top Go down
Shergar
Intercounty
Intercounty

Kildare v Longford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2015 10:19 pm

Am actually more confident about this than the Offaly game. Offaly hammered them in the league final and were well on top in the championship until Niall Smith got a black card and Paul McConway (who cleaned out Brian Kavanagh) got injured. Might not be much in it but unless we pick up any more injuries, we'll win. Reckon we might have another trip to Tullamore if Longford is deemed unsuitable.
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Longford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2015 10:21 pm

it's not going to be easy but hopefully P Kelly and T Moolick are ready to start along with F Conway and Podge. I'd also like to see M Sherry given a chance at half forward. None of the above is likely to happen of course. Longford have taken some big scalps in the last few years and will really fancy their chances
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Longford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2015 10:23 pm

Tullamore would be nice, and why not play the minor final before it ???? probably better then playing it in an empty Croke Park.
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
Bad News Baba

Kildare v Longford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2015 10:31 pm

KFM saying it's not going to be played in Longford, no venue announced though possibly Mullingar at 7pm.
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Longford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2015 10:46 pm

Gaa1928 wrote:
Tullamore would be nice, and why not play the minor final before it ???? probably better then playing it in an empty Croke Park.

Would be great for the supporters but probably can't happen as the Leinster Council run the minor final and the Central Council run the qualifiers.

I'd say Mullingar would be more likely than Tullamore as Longford will get to choose.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

Kildare v Longford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2015 11:25 pm

JohnnyC wrote:
Gaa1928 wrote:

Would be great for the supporters but probably can't happen as the Leinster Council run the minor final and the Central Council run the qualifiers.

I'd say Mullingar would be more likely than Tullamore as Longford will get to choose.

Also people from KE and Longford will already have bought tickets for Croker for the minor final so it won't be moved. At least that's 2 days out for those of you in the country this week end. I'm abroad unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Longford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2015 11:42 pm

Cusack Park, Mullingar, 7pm
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

Kildare v Longford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2015 12:03 am

Anyone know why Fermanagh keep getting Sunday afternoon games in the qualifiers? Seems like it's one rule for them and another for the rest.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Longford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2015 12:08 am

LillieLad wrote:
Cusack Park, Mullingar, 7pm

Horrible time, wont' be back in town until after 10. As sure so be it.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Longford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2015 1:59 am

lillyboy wrote:
it's not going to be easy but hopefully P Kelly and T Moolick are ready to start along with F Conway and Podge. I'd also like to see M Sherry given a chance at half forward. None of the above is likely to happen of course.  Longford have taken some big scalps in the last few years and will really fancy their chances

Be amazed if Moolick doesn't start.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Longford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2015 2:07 am

Moolick's impact when replacing Chalky, twice now, has been immense.
Chalky is just far too slow and is not physical enough to win primary ball in midfield.
Moolick must be back training now for the guts of 2 months - surely he must be up to speed by now and ready to start games.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Longford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2015 3:29 am

I would agree although I think everyone knows Chalky isn't a primary ball winner and that has never been his role in the team. He has play a defensive role. I wouldn't necessarily be bringing Moolick in for Chalky. But bring Moolick in I definitely would. I would say he has to be up to speed now and Jason Ryan's comments last Saturday seemed to suggest as much. I cannot see how you can leave him out given his ball-winning ability and his threat going forward.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kildare v Longford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Longford
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next