Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Longford

Go down 
+34
Ohtoohtobe
kickingking
reichenhall
MD
stanley
Onhisboot
Flamingo
milltownmary
Stonecold
lilysavage
Ned
tomoneillandhissisteranne
lilly-exile
Lily8
bob12
teedee
murof
topcat
SeamusMurphy
moatesports
Taibi
kelf
Westside
white boy
kildaregaa365
Ogie
flourman
Gaa1928
LillieLad
OutTheGap
Bad News Baba
lillyboy
Shergar
jj
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

Kildare v Longford - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2015 5:07 am

Fully agree. Moolick a definite starter for me. Who drops out depends on whether Conway in particular is available. Fogarty is the other obvious one who could come back in. I doubt P Kelly could come straight back in.
Back to top Go down
white boy
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2015 9:52 am

Give Mark sherry a start. And let's see what he can do)?
Back to top Go down
Westside
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2015 6:48 pm

Mark Sherry looks a very goof talent I would love to see him get a crack. Moolick will definitely start but I dont know where the P Kelly would play as the full back line are playing well.
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2015 11:17 pm

I hope Kildare have tabbed B Kavanagh's tactic of holding the ball in one hand and grabbing the markers arm or jersey and then diving. It got him 6 frees last year in Longford v Oy and a few more in the League game in Tullamore this year.. In the League Final the marker did not give him the same opportunities (and the ref actually gave the free against him) but he will try it out, so O'Grady should be ready for it and for an odd jab in the ribs............. Of course any return jab will also result in a dramatic roar & dive...............
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2015 11:39 pm

Moolick in for Murnaghan. Swap Moolick for Cribben in the middle.

McNally make way for Fogarty
Fogarty with Callaghan

Donnellan
Lyons
Fitzpatrick
O Grady
Bolton
Doyle
Cribben
Moolick
Chalky
Callaghan
O'Flaherty
Paidi
N.Kelly
Podge
Smith

That would be my starting team for Saturday. If fit however Conway and Peter Kelly would be in there.

We really are thread bare at the moment with very little impact off the bench.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 8:57 am

McNally was quiet on Saturday but I'd have him over Callaghan any day. I thought Mikey Conway done well in the 10 minutes he was on, he got on a lot of ball and used it well. He's an option when the game opens up in the second half. His passing kills tiring defences.

Interesting to read Jason Ryan's interview in the Nationalist today. He said Fogarty's dropping was purely "tactical". Does he think Kildare supporters are morons?
Back to top Go down
white boy
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 9:52 am

That the problem we should have lots of u/21 and 19 year olds ready to go ,. In Kildare we baby sit a lots of lads o there a bit young . Roscommon have lots of u/21 in there for last 2 year and see how well there are goning . They new manager next year needs a change of plan and go with these last before the lost t or moved on end of story
Back to top Go down
moatesports
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 8:50 pm

id play chalky as a wing forward and then move him back as cover for back line as an extra defender he could break forward every now and then as he has a good engine
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 10:56 pm

Not sure why, but Im more confident of winning this One.. and the fact that its in Mullingar is a Bonus.

Kildare at 2/5 seems a bit short id say.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 11:46 pm

That confidence probably comes from tradition SM, up until recently Kildare teams have generally struggled to beat Offaly teams whereas we haven't had any real trouble with Longford. I am confident of victory in this one as well. The fact that it is at a neutral venue is obviously of benefit to us as well.

Moolick will surely come into the team following his display last Saturday, I don't envisage many more changes, possibly Podge but don't know which of the forward line will drop out to accommodate him.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:11 am

TC, agree with You, Moolick has to start... I would run with something like this from MF up. Moolick, Chalkie at MF, HF line of Cribben, Flats and Paudie. FF line of Smith, Podge and Niall.. Im sorry to say I cant find any positives to include Eamon or Cathal, and the Days of Fionn, Hugh and Mickey making their Weekly or Annual appearance must be coming to and end (harsh I know).
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 1:33 am

Has anyone got a list of players currently on the squad? We do seem to be lacking strength on the bench. You would hope we would have better players coming on than those Seamus mentioned.
Back to top Go down
teedee
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 2:02 am

no matter how depleted the panel is at the moment, the midfield pairing should be moolick and cribben. they can both catch a ball, get up and down the field with pace, and can both score. by winning the midfield battle, we obviously take pressure off the defence, allowing bolton lyons and ogrady more chance to get forward as well. its about time we came out of the blocks flying, instead of waiting for a purple patch later in the game. would make it easy on the oul tickers as well.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 9:49 pm

Having watched Paul Cribben quite a bit now with Club and County, imo He is far more suited to a wing Forward Role.. Even though named at Midfield, He has a Natural tendency to roam out to the wing, and does a lot of good out there.. that wont work against a strong central pairing.
Back to top Go down
Shergar
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 9:58 pm

Agreed Seamus, could see Ryan being tempted to keep him in midfield to match up with Michael Quinn but likewise I'd like to see him back in the half-forward line.
Back to top Go down
bob12
All-Star
All-Star
bob12

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 9:48 pm

Folks Any suggestions on parking. I believe the town is in lock Down due an agricultural festival and no trains home later than 8 . GAA need to get the thinking caps on
Back to top Go down
Lily8
All-Star
All-Star
Lily8

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 5:06 am

bob12 wrote:
Folks Any suggestions on parking. I believe the town is in lock Down due an agricultural festival and no trains home later than 8 . GAA need to get the thinking caps on

I was wondering the same. Not too familiar with Mullingar so any advice would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 5:16 am

Do we not name teams anymore? best of luck to the lads tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
lilly-exile
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 9:51 am

bob12 wrote:

best off getting to Mullingar early. between festival and Saturday shopping its going to be mayhem. my advice would be to park on the delvin road and walking in. 15 minute walk.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 10:33 pm

bob12 wrote:

There is a Shopping Centre (Dunnes Stores) beside the ground, with a large car park.

I wouldnt expect too many Team changes.
Back to top Go down
tomoneillandhissisteranne
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 11:33 pm

Best of luck to the team
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 1:35 am

Absolute joke that there has been no announcement on starting team.

No organisation or leadership coming from the line or indeed county board.

It's seems to me that being a shambles is becoming acceptable to the wider GAA fraternity in Kildare.

Longford by 4
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 1:50 am

Freddy Krueger wrote:
Absolute joke that there has been no announcement on starting team.

No organisation or leadership coming from the line or indeed county board.

It's seems to me that being a shambles is becoming acceptable to the wider GAA fraternity in Kildare.

Longford by 4

We're going to lose because we haven't announced our team ?! Please Freddy !
I'd like to think the players know and that's all that really counts isn't it ?
Back to top Go down
Ned
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 1:53 am

Jesus Freddy, do you ever let up on the constant negativity on absolutely everything to do with the senior team? No doubt if Longford do manage to beat us this evening it will be because the team wasn't announced beforehand, due to the management forgetting to do so or because the county board ran out of paper or some other sort of ridiculous comment. Pathetic
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 2:18 am

Is Freddy Kreuger slightly retarded? Kildare will beat Longford.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Longford
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next