Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Longford

Go down 
+34
Ohtoohtobe
kickingking
reichenhall
MD
stanley
Onhisboot
Flamingo
milltownmary
Stonecold
lilysavage
Ned
tomoneillandhissisteranne
lilly-exile
Lily8
bob12
teedee
murof
topcat
SeamusMurphy
moatesports
Taibi
kelf
Westside
white boy
kildaregaa365
Ogie
flourman
Gaa1928
LillieLad
OutTheGap
Bad News Baba
lillyboy
Shergar
jj
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Longford - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 2:33 am

I think we'll win well I hope to god we do but I do think it's a shambles we haven't named a team the last 2 weeks. Never seen so little hype around the county in my life.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 3:52 am

Ned wrote:
Jesus Freddy, do you ever let up on the constant negativity on absolutely everything to do with the senior team? No doubt if Longford do manage to beat us this evening it will be because the team wasn't announced beforehand, due to the management forgetting to do so or because the county board ran out of paper or some other sort of ridiculous comment. Pathetic

If you read my comment in its context you will see that I believe Kildare will lose because every week rather than gaining momentum like we did in the qualifiers in previous years we stumble from one shambles to another.

This week it's not bothering to release a team to the travelling Kildare support.

Our previous manager was slated for naming dummy teams. Larry Curly and Moe avoid that by not naming one at all.

Maybe it's hard to name a team when a large number of players leave the panel because of your ineptitude.
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 4:39 am

No Tommy Moolick again according to the programme, shocking if he doesn't start!! The sooner he goes the better!!
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 6:17 am

Lily White On Tour:

I told you about Masterson !!!!!!

Sounds easy on KFM,,,,,,,,
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 6:48 am

Wonder what Freddy is gonna moan about now, about time you slung your hook.........
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 7:00 am

Imagine how much we could have won by if we had named the team earlier!
Great to see Sherry do so well, always looked like a player who would do well at senior. We have a lot of really good young players and whatever happens this year there a lot of grounds for optimism for the future.
Maybe we should lay off Ryan for a week, let him enjoy this one.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 7:46 am

Excellent win tonight, draw Westmeath and we can expect to get back to the quarter finals! We would suffer another hiding there but would be nice to get there all the same!!
Back to top Go down
milltownmary
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 8:02 am

2..24 is big scoring any day against any opposition. On a wet windy day it's even more impressive. Over to you freddy
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 8:12 am

Freddy Krueger wrote:
Absolute joke that there has been no announcement on starting team.

No organisation or leadership coming from the line or indeed county board.

It's seems to me that being a shambles is becoming acceptable to the wider GAA fraternity in Kildare.

Longford by 4

Jog on clown ..
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 8:13 am

Ah sure it's only Longford ...
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 8:14 am

He's gone for a lap of the curragh.
Not all good but better, Sherry added powerful running and should retain his place the next day. All depends on the draw but at least we had something to cheer in the rain tonight
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 8:17 am

Well done Mark Sherry tonight on senior debut, didn't look half bad - pace to burn. Same to O'Donaghoe
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
Bad News Baba

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 8:23 am

That was our best performance under Ryan. I have given him a lot of grief which considering the rubbish we played he deserved, but he should get the bit of kudos tonight. In a game I thought was 50/50 we totally dominated. Again another black card (for nothing in my opinion) allowed the team to be improved. Sherry was excellent when he came on and his use and ability to find space was impressive. It shows we have young players who if given the opportunity can show what they can do. Something Ryan has not been willing to do.

Defending was good and our free count was better but there were a few silly ones given away. Midfield is a lot more dynamic with Moolick in there. 

A caveat would be that Longford gave up long before the final whistle and they had a decent spell in the first half that gave us trouble. But that's nitpicking . Still drying out but a bit happier tonight. We'll see what Monday brings.
Back to top Go down
teedee
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 8:33 am

great performance by the lads tonight in terrible conditions. always felt with the right midfield pairing, we could clock up big scores.our panel was sorely tested after the dublin defeat but with the likes of peter kelly getting back to fitness, mark sherry coming on and showing great speed and composure,fergal conway should be available for the next game, and moolick and niall kelly getting more game time and fitness under their belts, our panel is starting to look a lot stronger now. its great to be looking forward to next yr already while still in the championship, as the addition of lads from this yrs u/21 team will surely inject extra competition and badly needed pace to what is a strong panel right now. i got soaked tonight, but it didnt bother me at all because theres no better feeling than seeing your county win, no matter who were playing! come on the flourbags!!
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 8:45 am

teedee wrote:
great performance by the lads tonight in terrible conditions. always felt with the right midfield pairing, we could clock up big scores.our panel was sorely tested after the dublin defeat but with the likes of peter kelly getting back to fitness, mark sherry coming on and showing great speed and composure,fergal conway should be available for the next game, and moolick and niall kelly getting more game time and fitness under their belts, our panel is starting to look a lot stronger now. its great to be looking forward to next yr already while still in the championship, as the addition of lads from this yrs u/21 team will surely inject extra competition and badly needed pace to what is a strong panel right now. i got soaked tonight, but it didnt bother me at all because theres no better feeling than seeing your county win, no matter who were playing! come on the flourbags!!

Well said
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 8:48 am

Jesus that was an unbelievably pleasant surprise. Was worried but as said we controlled it all day.
Paul Cribbin was everywhere and it was a joke of a black card but he could rest up happily.
Delighted fo Sherry and as he settled everyone got to see what he is all about.
All the backs tackled well and were disciplined fir the most part. Longford ALWAYS looked for Kavanagh but he was well marshalled.

Lads I think we all might just sit back and enjoy this one.
Back to top Go down
Onhisboot
Intercounty
Intercounty
Onhisboot

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 8:53 am

Well done lads, a very comprehensive win, the team looked very focussed from the word go, 3 points in the 1st 3 mins of each half showed their intent, and they dominated from there, a good night for the management in that they got to give Sherry a debut and he did very well and they were also able to reintroduce Peter Kelly who looked sharp when he came on, so adds to the competition for places, Longford were very disappointing but job well done by Kildare
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 8:58 am

Well done to the lads on the big win tonight. Longford were so bad that's it's hard to read too much into the game but it's good to see us play with a bit of confidence and put a team to the sword when we get the chance.

A big reason for the improvement tonight was the return of Tommy Moolick. When a team is winning the majority of the kick-outs, it goes a long way towards the winning of the match. I can't help thinking our league would have turned out differently if he was available. I thought Paul Cribbin was different class until he got the black card. Hopefully he'll learn from it because it could cost the team on another day.

Good to see Jason bring on Mark Sherry when Paidi got his black card when he could have played it safe and brought on someone like Chalky. Sherry is a bit raw but he is good at running at defences - something we don't really have. He did really well to set up Smith's goal.

No point going through all the players as pretty much everybody got the better of their men. I'd like to give a mention to the 2 corner backs who played really well again and to Cathal McNally who was tearing back in the last minute, bursting himself to make a tackle when the game was already won. Great attitude!

Good as well to see Peter Kelly and Podge come off the bench. We seem to have a few options again which we'll need the next day.
Back to top Go down
stanley
Intercounty
Intercounty
stanley

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 9:17 am

Well done to Jason and the lads on a great win, credit where it is due.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 9:42 am

Really pissed off I missed that (overseas) as I missed the big win against Laois for the same reason.

It sounds like a vastly improved performance with positive substitute appearances.

Well done team and management.

Bad news is I'll be back for Rd 4 so it'll no doubt all come crashing down in 2 weeks !
Back to top Go down
MD
All-Star
All-Star
MD

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 10:14 am

Congrats to all involved. Could sense from first whistle that there was serious intent there. All players had a great game from keeper all the way out. Was delighted Moolick started eventually! Also grear to see Donnellan taking 45s, have been saying this for a while that the guy should be on them. Well done to Sherry and O Donoghue also on their debuts, Sherry looks a decent prospect, his direct approach was refreshing. Id still keep him in reserve, his impact from the bench could be something we need. Was great to see a good Kildare crowd there tonight too.
Back to top Go down
reichenhall
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 10:32 am

Good win tonight lads.....Longford very poor but a win is a win......great to see Mark Sherry... break on through...+Paul Cribbin...and Niall Kelly coming back to his best........
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 11:19 am

Well done Kildare. They can only beat what's put in front of them and the lads were excellent tonight. The fortnight break is well earned.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 7:09 pm

Bad News Baba wrote:
That was our best performance under Ryan. I have given him a lot of grief which considering the rubbish we played he deserved, but he should get the bit of kudos tonight. In a game I thought was 50/50 we totally dominated. Again another black card (for nothing in my opinion) allowed the team to be improved. Sherry was excellent when he came on and his use and ability to find space was impressive. It shows we have young players who if given the opportunity can show what they can do. Something Ryan has not been willing to do.

Defending was good and our free count was better but there were a few silly ones given away. Midfield is a lot more dynamic with Moolick in there. 

A caveat would be that Longford gave up long before the final whistle and they had a decent spell in the first half that gave us trouble. But that's nitpicking . Still drying out but a bit happier tonight. We'll see what Monday brings.

Fair play on that. But I wouldn't agree that the black card improved the team. Sherry did very well once he settled down. But Padraig O'Neill had two points when he got his black card and when he went off in the 19th minute it was 7-1. It was 9-5 after 34 minutes. But once Sherry got a few touches of the ball, gave some hand passes and won a few 50-50s, you saw the confidence flow. The point was excellent and the run for Smith's goal in those conditions (and the little palmed flick at the end) were magnificent. But he won't be starting instead of Paidi or Cottsy. He looks like he could have a Moolick-style influence off the bench though.

Agree completely on Moolick. Strengthens that sector.

I think the big caveat is that Longford were down to 14 men in the last 22 minutes. Though it seems the referee made a huge mistake (he seems to have been the only person in the ground who thought Masterson was booked already, unless there was something happened off the pitch, at half time or something), Kildare were 12 points up at the time. Seeing as we might have been hoping for a three-point win, that was excellent, regardless of the last 20 minutes. Kildare are making a case for being the second best team in Leinster. A distant second admittedly.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 8:14 pm

Is the draw for round 4 on Monday morning or is it next Monday?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Longford
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next