Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Longford

Go down 
+34
Ohtoohtobe
kickingking
reichenhall
MD
stanley
Onhisboot
Flamingo
milltownmary
Stonecold
lilysavage
Ned
tomoneillandhissisteranne
lilly-exile
Lily8
bob12
teedee
murof
topcat
SeamusMurphy
moatesports
Taibi
kelf
Westside
white boy
kildaregaa365
Ogie
flourman
Gaa1928
LillieLad
OutTheGap
Bad News Baba
lillyboy
Shergar
jj
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
bob12
All-Star
All-Star
bob12

Kildare v Longford - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 8:44 pm

I think the draw is Monday. Well we are in the final 12 for the 7th time in 8 seasons. Cut what ever way you want we are at least division 2. We lost our way a bit post the Down game and never recovered till now. So of the 12 competitive games thus year we have won 5 drew one and lost 6. Mid table form for the season. We have begun to introduce young is but I feel we have turned a corner. Division 3 next year will be good for the young lads ad it will breed confidence and winning will become a habit. Look at Monaghan came from division 3 2 years ago and now at least a top 6 team . Onwards and upwards
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 8:50 pm

Four wins away from Sam now lads. Tell me this, if we win it, do we still have to sack Ryan?

Joking of course but if we beat Westmeath or Cork, would we not be after having a near identical championship to what we were accustomed to under Kieran, and with a much more inexperienced side?

I was saying in the depths of the league that Ryan, while obviously not perfect, is not the moron he is made out to be here by level-headed guys like FK who only got their prediction for this game wrong by 23 points.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 8:52 pm

Well done to all involved.. and credit where its due. Well done Jason or whoever made the call to start Tommy Moo, and also to introduce Sherry this time round.

I assume its gonna be WestMeath or Cork/Kerry now in Croker ?
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 8:58 pm

SeamusMurphy wrote:
Well done to all involved.. and credit where its due. Well done Jason or whoever made the call to start Tommy Moo, and also to introduce Sherry this time round.

ed sheeran playing the night before the next round in croke park
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 9:05 pm

Hurling quarter finals fixed for 26th, usually in thurles, if we draw cork/Kerry, distinct possibility of a triple header. If it is WM, I would expect another trip to Tullamore.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 9:07 pm

SeamusMurphy wrote:

Ah that's priceless
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 9:20 pm

SeamusMurphy wrote:

It looks like Sky Sports are showing both games from our section on Saturday 25th July 2015.   I would think if that's the case they will be played at the same venue, 5.00 p.m. and 7.00 p.m. and the pairings might decide where there played ??
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 9:37 pm

From the Gaa Website:

The Round 3B, 4A Football and All Ireland Hurling quarter-finals draws will take place next Monday morning, July 13th on RTE Radio after the 8.30am news. These draws will also be streamed live on GAA.ie on www.gaa.ie.

Football - Round 3B
These games are scheduled to take place on Saturday, July 18th. This draw involves the four winning teams from Round 2B (Tyrone/Meath, Armagh/Galway, Derry/Wexford and Tipperary/Louth). The first team drawn has home advantage.

Football – Round 4A
These games are scheduled to take place Saturday, July 25th. This draw involves the winners from Round 3A (Kildare/Longford and Fermanagh/Roscommon) in bowl 1.
The beaten Leinster and Munster finalists (Kerry/Cork and Westmeath/Dublin) will be placed in bowl 2.
This draw is subject to avoidance of repeat pairings, i.e. Kildare V Dublin or Longford V Dublin. If either of these repeat pairings are possible there is no draw.

All Ireland Hurling Quarter-Finals
These games will take place on Sunday, July 26th. The Munster runners-up (Waterford/Tipperary) and the Leinster runners-up (Galway) will be placed in bowl 1.
The Round 2 winners (Clare/Cork and Dublin/Limerick) will be placed in bowl 2.
This draw is subject to avoidance of repeat pairings, i.e. Tipperary V Limerick or Waterford V Cork. If either of these repeat pairings are possible there is no draw.

Confirmation of venues, times etc for these fixtures will be confirmed by the CCCC on Monday afternoon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 11:20 pm

Ohtoohtobe wrote:
Four wins away from Sam now lads. Tell me this, if we win it, do we still have to sack Ryan?

Joking of course but if we beat Westmeath or Cork, would we not be after having a near identical championship to what we were accustomed to under Kieran, and with a much more inexperienced side?

I was saying in the depths of the league that Ryan, while obviously not perfect, is not the moron he is made out to be here by level-headed guys like FK who only got their prediction for this game wrong by 23 points.

Some humble pie to be ate for sure ohto. I got it very wrong . But to be fair no one seen that result coming. There was nothing to suggest that would be the margin.

Let me be clear my comments about Ryan and management are in a footballing context and are no way personal. Thankfully I can safely say I've never personally abused any players who put in all their time and effort throughout the year unlike others on here.

I've said it a number of months ago should we have a run in the qualifiers and reach the last 8 or indeed 4 I may evaluate my opinion on Ryan staying next year.

As it stands nothing has changed. So far we beat Laois Offally and Longford. No one of any substance. Bigger tests lay ahead and it will ultimately Ryan will be judged on this.

On the game itself it was an excellent performace all round and we never looked in trouble. Hopefully this is the bit of momentum I was talking about in an earlier post and lads grasp it and carry it into the next game.

Back to top Go down
bag of white
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 11:57 pm

A great weekend for Kildare football, emphatic wins for the senior and minor championships. Well done to all involved.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 12:38 am

I wonder is Jason Ryan Quinn and Hendy watching the first 35 minutes from Westmeath on how to play Dublin..

It's not rocket science .
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 12:39 am

Well done to players and management on a fantastic performance a super weekend in all for Kildare football Smile
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 12:41 am

Freddy Krueger wrote:
I wonder is Jason Ryan Quinn and Hendy watching the first 35 minutes from Westmeath on how to play Dublin..

Typically positive from you Freddy but I agree with the point I think you are trying to make. Westmeath showing great discipline and a desire to get stuck in that was lacking in our performance against Dublin. Whether they can jeep it going to the end remains to be seen
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 1:07 am

To me Westmeath set up in a way that gave them zero chance of winning the game. Our chance might have been one per cent but at least were able to create chances to get scores. I don't think Westmeath will finish with 0-14 and as I write it looks like the winning margin will be bigger than it was in our game.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 1:34 am

SeamusMurphy wrote:

Not going to criticise the management after that performance but it was hardly inspired to start Moolick. He was cleary our best midfielder last year and turned the Offaly game when introduced. 99% on here would have him in their starting line up. Introduction of Sherry I'll agree - was a braver decision in relation to trusting youth than Ryan has made before now.
Back to top Go down
tomoneillandhissisteranne
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 2:01 am

Well done to the lads last night - not the toughest opposition but a very definite and positive performance. Next match is a big step up but good that we're making it
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 3:16 am

So who in here was spouting shite about copying Roscommon ?
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 3:26 am

Well done galway
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 4:05 am

Crofter wrote:
SeamusMurphy wrote:

Not going to criticise the management after that performance but it was hardly inspired to start Moolick. He was cleary our best midfielder last year and turned the Offaly game when introduced. 99% on here would have him in their starting line up. Introduction of Sherry I'll agree - was a braver decision in relation to trusting youth than Ryan has made before now.

What was peculiar about the Sherry introduction was the time it took for it to be made. Padraig O'Neill was off the pitch a good 2/3 minutes with at least a couple of opportunities to make the replacement and there was still discussion on the sidelines as to who was coming on. Lack of planning methinks but on the positive side at least the discussion led to the right decision,
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 4:08 am

Freddy Krueger wrote:

4 point in the first half, 2 in the second. Don't think that's the way to beat Dublin
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 4:09 am

Ohtoohtobe wrote:
To me Westmeath set up in a way that gave them zero chance of winning the game. Our chance might have been one per cent but at least were able to create chances to get scores. I don't think Westmeath will finish with 0-14 and as I write it looks like the winning margin will be bigger than it was in our game.

Are you for real? Our game with Dublin was over 13 minutes in. At least Westmeath made them work hard for every score. Not too many teams will concede 2-13 aginst Dublin this year. I know they only tagged on 6 points themselves but it does show you that Dublin can be contained.

Westmeath had they better forwards would have tagged on more scores. I see Donegal and Kerry in a position to beat Dublin this year.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 4:09 am

jimmers wrote:
Freddy Krueger wrote:

4 point in the first half, 2 in the second. Don't think that's the way to beat Dublin

Go back and read my post jimmers please like a good little boy.
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 4:52 am

Very dissapointed with WH. They never even gave themselves anopportunity.

Dubs were in low gear for the whole game and low first for the last half hour.

Its probably the first game I ever attended theat a team were not trying to win, they were just limiting the winning margin...
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 5:31 am

kelf wrote:
Very dissapointed with WH.  They never even gave themselves anopportunity.

Dubs were in low gear for the whole game and low first for the last half hour.

Its probably the first game I ever attended theat a team were not trying to win, they were just limiting the winning margin...

If they had of set up all out attack and got beat by 20+ points, their management team would have been called naïve so they couldn't win. This Dublin team is among the best forward divisions that have ever played the game and for a large part Westmeath managed to stifle them. Yes they were never going to score enough to win but they at least were still competitive at half time which is more than can be said for the majority of Leinster teams that have played Dublin in recent years.
Back to top Go down
milltownmary
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 6:57 am

You train 5 nights a week, give up your social/family life. Play no club football and then not bother your ass trying to win a match. I'm sorry but I gave every thing to WIN every game I played. There is no pride setting out to lose gracefully. You then become a loser in my eyes, 6 points in a leinster final is an embarrassing achievement. Competitive means your trying to win, at no time did they try to win that game and that's even more embarrassing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Longford
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next