Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Longford

Go down 
+35
Liffey Likes
lilysavage
Shergar
Cilldara_2000
DONTPULLOUT
learmus
flourman
jimmers
hawker
micky murphy
MD
Onhisboot
Onechance
moatesports
The Lillywhite
LillieLad
bite the pillow
Borderline
bigball
tomoneillandhissisteranne
Rex
White Bridge
Dinny Breen
TommyKeegan
KILL BILL
murof
Ogie
Gaa1928
Big Full Back
kildaregaa365
Kildare98
Jimmy winning matches
Flamingo
SeamusMurphy
Xavi
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Onhisboot
Intercounty
Intercounty
Onhisboot

Kildare v Longford - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2018 10:25 am

Have to say Slattery was outstanding up in Derry, he covered every blade of grass, very unlucky not to start. I am expecting Kildare to push on again and win convincingly tomorrow, and would urge supporters to get behind your team
Back to top Go down
DONTPULLOUT
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2018 11:03 am

365 we.'ve all had ta pay our dues lol suppose like most on here we were planning for croker on sunday instead of qualifiers... eitherway HAPPY WIFE HAPPY LIFE!!!(i missed 2010 semi on hols wi herself I wasnt happy).....
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2018 4:46 pm

DONTPULLOUT wrote:
365 we.'ve all had ta pay our dues lol suppose like most on here we were planning for croker on sunday instead of qualifiers... eitherway HAPPY WIFE HAPPY LIFE!!!(i missed 2010 semi on hols wi herself I wasnt happy).....

I missed that one for the same reason as you. I’ve a bad record in this regard. Also missed Armagh last year. There’s a bit of a pattern developing here of missing our championship exits. Thank god I can rely on the team to break that pattern tonight!

Croker awaits for me this afternoon thankfully and for once I’m looking forward to visiting the place even if a tough battle lies in store.
Back to top Go down
Xavi
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2018 6:54 pm

Team named isn't team starting . 1 definite non starter and 2 doubts.

Big loss
Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2018 7:48 pm

learmus wrote:
Does anyone have any suggestions for parking at the ground. Heard you can park on the bypass nearby?

That is the usual set up there: park on the side of the roads surrounding the ground. Ideally on the far side of the by-pass facing home to allow for a quick get away. I feel that may be good advice today.
Back to top Go down
learmus
Intermediate
Intermediate
learmus

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2018 8:16 pm

Thanks a lot, that might be suitable advice for today alright. Best of luck to all today, I'm hopeful but not too optimistic. It'll take a few more wins before any sense of confidence could established
Back to top Go down
moatesports
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2018 12:59 am

prediction time kildare by 5 in open game
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
Shergar
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2018 5:47 am

Biggest thing going for us right now is that they are as flaky as we are. That and Neil Flynn.
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2018 5:54 am

As bad as Carlow, thank god they hit the crossbar twice otherwise we would be fucked. Need to up it.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2018 6:28 am

Win or lose, we are absolute muck. This is genuinely our level. Games with Longford and Carlow. It's actually hilarious. Also sounds like that to make this panel you need single-digit footballing IQ.
Back to top Go down
Shergar
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2018 6:49 am

Look it was nerve shattering, it was poor from us at times but we won a close game. I wouldn't knock it. Hard to watch but personalising it with that single digit iq comment is over the top (surprisingly for you!)
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2018 6:54 am

"Footballing IQ."
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2018 7:26 am

Hard to see us beat any of teams remaking sadly.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2018 7:27 am

Yeah we won't beat Leitrim. Wtf are you on about?
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2018 7:31 am

Yeah Jesus lads put a sock it FFS... Mayo have been scraping by everyone for the past three years - and we all know they're a much better team than us.

I'm not exactly sure what we've done this year to suggest we should be blowing away Longford in Pearse Park. But for once in their lives they played like they had a pair and dug it out.

Still problems obviously but in the draw on Monday.
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2018 7:31 am

Fair play to our lads today pulling that out of the bag. Not a great performance by any stretch but a lot of teams, some better than us don’t get out of there alive. Chris Healy was brilliant when he came on.
Back to top Go down
Xavi
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2018 9:00 am

Was it ourselves or Longford that played defensively forcing the other into a defensive set up? I'm not sure as I've not seen us set up like that all year which could only mean it was Longford??

Anyhow there was many talking points from the game, won't go into them all tonight as I'm only through the door but some questions I would pose to others in attendance:

Firstly what is Eoghan Doyle's purpose . Particularly in the first half we were cut open a number of times through the centre . He was the free man sitting in front but offered little, can't put my finger on his exact role because he didn't but out any ball into the forwards that did come in. Maybe he's acting as a deterrent from then kicking ball in constantly - who knows.

Secondly how bad a referee is Joe McQuillan . He will some day get me a lifetime ban from the GAA and you know what given the county I'm from that might not just be a bad thing.

Thirdly Peter Kelly's red card is possibly the most outrageous one I've ever seen . To do what he done whilst already on a yellow beggars belief and could have cost us.

Lastly we never led the game until almost the 70th minute yet and maybe I'm alone here I never felt we were going to lose it. And it was Feely who ultimately swung it for us in the end. Thought Conway, Paul Crib, N.Flynn put in good shifts whilst Healy off the bench gave us a little bite

Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2018 9:18 am

Walked out of there tonight wondering how we won that by 3 points. If they had scored those 2 goals in the first half we wouldn't have come back from it. Our defensive deficiencies are a joke at this stage -often tonight Longford just played an endless number of handpasses and then eventually they broke forward and suddenly found the space for a point (or hitting the crossbar) or got a handy free.

Paul Cribben, Neil Flynn and Fergal Conway were the main lads who came out of the game with credit. Chris Healy casused them problems when he came on too.

And with reference to Tommy's mention of Footballing IQ above, the best example of that tonight was Daniel Flynn's crossfield ball with 5 minutes left and the scores level - I have no idea what he was intending and he handed possession over to Longford. A ridiculous decision.

It's all about the draw now - Leitrim or the Offaly/Clare winner are the only 2 that you'd feel any confidence about facing. Mind you I wouldn't mind a shot against Armagh - that performance against them in Croke Park needs to be exorcised!
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2018 9:22 am

Xavi it was on a knife-edge whole way through, teams were level I think 10 times... Such extremes of emotion watching this team.

When Conway levelled I allowed myself to think we'd push on. Then when Cribbin missed a sitter soon sitter soon after I honestly thought we'd lose. I was psychologically preparing myself for it. It was a golden opportunity to go ahead & close battles are not this team's forte.

Even when we got the goal - they come straight back and get one!! And we have a man sent off. There were 10 minutes of injury time and the game in total lasted nearly 85 minutes.

It's not easy following this team.
Back to top Go down
Onhisboot
Intercounty
Intercounty
Onhisboot

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2018 9:44 am

We came out with a win, many good teams have fallen to Longford in the qualifiers, we were terribly porous in 1st half but in fairness they sorted that at half time, ogrady and hyland were outstanding 2nd half. We made a huge number of mistakes but in fairness the lads showed guts and character to dig it out so credit due to them,
Back to top Go down
MD
All-Star
All-Star
MD

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2018 10:23 am

I don’t know what some were expecting tonight. I never thought once it was going to be easy. Longford were never going to lie down. Same old story in relation to us kicking silly wides, kicking silly passes etc but we won, and we won showing a bit of character. I wouldn’t knock the lads at all, winning creates momentum and now we could possibly have a third win in four weeks by this time next week. Lets see what Monday brings.
Back to top Go down
Liffey Likes
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2018 10:27 am

It is great to win to back to back games howver the mistakes were U8 grade on occasions. The turnovers and cheap possession given away are so basic it's hard to understand. That said Longford are difficult to beat in Pearse Park
. The most pleasing aspect was the battling performance and guts shown at the finish along with good use of the bench which helped seal the victory. It almost reminds me of a win in Limerick in 2008 after Wicklow embarrassed us in the Leinster championship. Major improvements are needed in defence, it's frustrating to see the opposition cut through the Kildare back line so easy. Kildare appeared to be content to let longford play around until they got within 40 metres of the goal but even then thete was a lack of good tackles and standing up to runners wasn't enforced. The 2nd half saw an improvement in challenging the longford play and a little more aggression was seen albeit not enough. The midfielders worked hard but the amount of possession won was very poor. Also the amount of breaks won was zero. No awareness of where the breaking ball is going to be and nobody foraging for breaks. Poor options were taken by forwards. Plenty to work on but I hopefully we can a run of wins going especially when showing some battling qualities
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2018 1:16 pm

What good team have this Longford beaten in qualifiers? Seriously? Who? When?

Sorry but after all our underage success, after getting to Division One, after thinking this group can restore pride... Now seeing this after trying every which way to f**k up a qualifier in Longford while scraping a win despite our idiocy is a good thing? You put a sick dog down, not hug it for dribbling. This shambles is a huge waste of money.

After half a million a year paid for by clubs and fans, they can't defend or think or do basics but well spent as we beat Longford..? Cian O'Neill I was told by Kerry folk a year back would sell sand to Arabs. His big quality. What is he on this summer as team fall over line despite him? Sack him and save a few quid.

Some seem to think it is as simple as win good lose bad. This group from a footballing perspective are brain dead. The leg up programme. Project bootstrap. One more year of trying to sneak through easy draws to save face. Skill regression. Is this what we want to be? It is utterly pathetic from top to bottom. "But we won in Longford." Is aim ever to be a real county?
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2018 2:12 pm

I don’t necessarily disagree with everything you say TK, but as for good teams Longford have beaten, Mayo and Monaghan top the list.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2018 4:51 pm

Think you need to be put down yourself Tommy .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Longford
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next