Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Longford

Go down 
+35
Liffey Likes
lilysavage
Shergar
Cilldara_2000
DONTPULLOUT
learmus
flourman
jimmers
hawker
micky murphy
MD
Onhisboot
Onechance
moatesports
The Lillywhite
LillieLad
bite the pillow
Borderline
bigball
tomoneillandhissisteranne
Rex
White Bridge
Dinny Breen
TommyKeegan
KILL BILL
murof
Ogie
Gaa1928
Big Full Back
kildaregaa365
Kildare98
Jimmy winning matches
Flamingo
SeamusMurphy
Xavi
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
White Bridge
Intercounty
Intercounty

Kildare v Longford - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2018 12:03 am

Kildare 0-14 Dublin 1-15
Both sides strong
Back to top Go down
moatesports
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2018 12:13 am

was that kildare minus starting team say v derry ?
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
Xavi
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2018 10:39 am

White Bridge wrote:
Kildare 0-14 Dublin 1-15
Both sides strong

Heard scoreline was 1-14 to 1-15 myself .

Dublin had 2 starters from Longford. Kildare had 5 from Derry. O'Gara,Costello, Lowndes, Fitzsimons, Flynn, O'Sullivan all played.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2018 12:05 am

Hashtag RealLeinsterFinal

Make no mistake, if we'd stayed in Div 1 this year and got to final, we'd have had a serious crack off them.

But I suppose if only my auntie had bollocks she'd be me uncle etc etc.
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2018 9:25 am

HauntedGraffiti wrote:
LillieLad wrote:
That Derry game was in the melting pot around to the 55/60 min and you couldn't call it, that was a pretty close despite the fact we pulled away in the end. Carlow were much more defensive but we did improve a lot. Derry hit us hard and we just kept going there was no backward step taking. Anyways going to miss the next one going to the Killers concert Sad

A group who peaked early and failed to fulfil their potential – just like Kildare!

Kill-dare. Very Happy

Haha I see what you did there Very Happy Realized I got the dates mixed up, so free to go to the match, Hon the Lilies!! If we perform to our ability we will win. Looking at there match with the Dubs it will be a shoot out, they have a few forwards that will trouble us so we will have to defend well.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2018 10:30 pm

Next weekend the U20, junior and senior footballers are all playing, plus the hurlers in the Christy Ring final.

Only in the GAA.

Back to top Go down
Onhisboot
Intercounty
Intercounty
Onhisboot

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2018 8:52 am

Any updates on the injuries to Feely & Brophy?
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2018 8:00 pm

Team I'd go for if Feely & Brophy out. The set-up of the team still isn't right. The wing forwards & midfielders still not providing enough cover when Doyle drops. A serious question - who the hell IS our defensive coach? He's not doing a good job, whoever he is...

I expect Longford to more defensive and agressive, and honestly, if our attitude isn't right, they will win. You'd have to hope Carlow was enough of a boot up a hole to last a lifetime - but these are Kildare footballers we're talking about. Anyway...

Donnellan

Kelly
Hyland
O'Grady

Murray
Doyle
Flynn

P Cribbin
Moolick

Conway
Kelly
K Cribbin

Slattery
D Flynn
N Flynn
Back to top Go down
MD
All-Star
All-Star
MD

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2018 10:15 pm

Read an article in hoganstand this morning suggesting that Brophy and Feely will play. Pascal Connell, Mark Sherry and Cian O Donoghue are all out.

I dont know if it's just me but I am still questioning as to the fact that the full back line has not changed much or if at all since the start of the league. Granted, our defensive problems dont just lie with the full back line solely but god I thought CON would have shaken it up. Wouldnt be adverse to the idea of Eoin Doyle dropping into the No.3 . His reading of the game is probably his biggest strength and could be of benefit to the lads in 2 and 4 to have him in there. Would put Murray at 6 then where he thrived for Moorefield.

For what it's worth, for Saturday I'd go with:

1 Donnellan
2 O' Grady
3 Doyle
4 Kelly
5 Hyland
6 Murray
7 Flynn
8 Feely
9 Moolick
10 Conway
11 P Cribbin
12 Slattery
13 Brophy
14 Dan Flynn
15 N Flynn

Kelly has flattered to deceive since possibly the league final last year. I'm one of his biggest fans but cant see how he justifies a starting position based on form currently.
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2018 10:38 pm

Conceding goals is going to kill us and has all year, hopefully not against Longford but hopefully if we get over them which will be a tall task up there we need to get a system to stop this.... a lot of the problem and people on here are mainly knowledgeable is ball watching and overlapping?
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 12:47 am

Like the look of that team MD and think its time we tried something different. Conceding 2-14 to two teams, one just out of Div 4 and the other heading there is not good enough. Longford have forwards who can run up a high score and will be very difficult at home.
I think the problem is that we don't work hard enough when the opposition get the ball. The first line of defense has to be the forwards making life as difficult as possible to even get over the half way line. Too many of our players just run back towards the goal and contribute nothing to stop the attack.
But then again we have been doing that since CON arrived and its hard to see why it will change now. Expect a high scoring shoot out with defending optional for both teams!
Back to top Go down
moatesports
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 1:16 am

talking to a lad from longford thinks they would beat kildare in a shoot out in their own patch let the games begin
Back to top Go down
Onhisboot
Intercounty
Intercounty
Onhisboot

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 7:40 am

micky murphy wrote:
Conceding goals is going to kill us and has all year, hopefully not against Longford but hopefully if we get over them which will be a tall task up there we need to get a system to stop this.... a lot of the problem and people on here are mainly knowledgeable is ball watching and overlapping?

Part of the defensive problem that I see is that we are very one paced in midfield and as soon as an opposition player breaks that line we are unable to recover and it takes just one more opposition player coming at pace and taking ball off the shoulder and we get completely opened up
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 8:22 am

It's unbelievable how defensively naive we are sometimes... Defenders running hare-brained up the field - then we get turned over and opposition have acres of space to attack into.

O'Neill has been saying for the past two years that's something we'll have to work on... I mean, they we actually ever work on it?!

It's not rocket science. Keep a good defensive shape, time your runs and don't all go at once. When Doyle drops, Moolick or K Cribbin should sit in, then Feely and the other wing forwards get back. Press them hard but don't lunge and give away stupid frees.

We should have been finessing all this for the past two years but why the hell does it feel like we're still at square one?

Like against Carlow, it was so bad it was genuinely hard to believe we could ever have been a Div 1 team. And it was still poor against Derry if we're being honest with ourselves.
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2018 6:40 pm

Well Tomas O’Se has tipped Longford. We’ve no hope so. :-)
Back to top Go down
hawker
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2018 10:33 pm

If I wasn't a Kildare man I'd have me some of that 9/4 on Longford.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2018 3:46 am

Big Full Back wrote:

He was pretty spot on pre-Carlow although I'm not sure he went far enough as to say they'd win. Longford should have no fear about this honestly. But we SHOULD win. Like we should have beaten Armagh and Carlow.

Tough to call. Missing it unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
moatesports
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2018 3:56 am

any word of team
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2018 5:22 am

Can't recall as quiet and low-key a build-up to a Kildare game in a long long time. And I'm including league as well as championship. Says a lot about where expectations are at right now. And the level of interest.

Really need the team to build on the improved performance against Derry and hope it sparks something. However until this team beats a top team, expectations are going to stay where they are right now.
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2018 7:15 am

Team v Longford

Donnellan, P Kelly, Hyland, O'Grady, Murray, Doyle, K Flynn, Feely, Moolick, Conway, P Cribben, K Cribben, N Flynn, D Flynn, N Kelly
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2018 7:23 am

Neil Flynn for Slattery the only change from the starting 15 against Derry
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2018 8:15 am

Still 100% certain we'll win
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2018 8:54 am

kildaregaa365 wrote:
Big Full Back wrote:

He was pretty spot on pre-Carlow although I'm not sure he went far enough as to say they'd win. Longford should have no fear about this honestly. But we SHOULD win. Like we should have beaten Armagh and Carlow.

Tough to call.  Missing it unfortunately.

Ah FFS don’t say you caved on the piano man gig?
Back to top Go down
learmus
Intermediate
Intermediate
learmus

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2018 8:59 am

Does anyone have any suggestions for parking at the ground. Heard you can park on the bypass nearby?
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2018 9:54 am

flourman wrote:
kildaregaa365 wrote:
Big Full Back wrote:

Tough to call.  Missing it unfortunately.

Ah FFS don’t say you caved on the piano man gig?

I know - got my priorities all wrong. She’s letting me go to Christy Ring though
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Longford
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next