Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

St Conleth's Park

Go down 
+72
bigball
Ned
learmus
KILL BILL
really_unofficial_kildare
Thin Blue Line
Strangler
TheGreatof1928
FlourBag_1
MickosMen
Lilywhite forever
Caprea
*Southernsupporter*
NorthernLily89
bloodsub
Carbury legend
lily92
Kildare98
Ryan legendary
Anyonebutthedubs
CillDara71
bite the pillow
GoDownOnIt
CILLDara 1998
Flamingo
Badger85
Curraghplains
BearintheSquare
FearBan
if_in_doubt
Cassanata
Sorrynotsorry
Liffey Likes
LillieLad
hawker
fatherted
jimmers
lillyboy
topcat
moatesports
kelf
Hated in the Nation
Cilldara_2000
intheback
Highball
shortgrass
Botch
lily4fr
TommyKeegan
steviegenius
Sam1928
All down the line
Rex
All_right_in_white
Hurlerbehindtheditch
Jimmy winning matches
Gaa1928
Lily8
Taibi
kildaregaa365
lilysavage
micky murphy
Ogie
walsheman
jim
Big Full Back
kickingking
Fear An Geata
smokey
lilywhites on tour
SeamusMurphy
White Bridge
76 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22
AuthorMessage
Intercounty
Intercounty

St Conleth's Park - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2024 9:32 am

Badger85 wrote:
https://x.com/roscommongaa/status/1781979690887942328?s=46&t=ce6zhabToilpd-9ajwxnxg

Something for us to look forward to.

Thant stand is absolutely amazing. Would have been great to get something like that ourselves.
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2024 7:48 pm

Was talking to someone involved yesterday.. Definitely on track for games in October
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2024 12:39 am

On Hyde Park - while I know they didn't have to demolish a rebuild a stand as we did, it was a quarter of what we spent.

https://roscommonpeople.ie/e4-1m-hyde-renovation-approved/

LillieLad and really_unofficial_kildare like this post

Back to top Go down
Strangler
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2024 12:49 am

TommyKeegan wrote:
On Hyde Park - while I know they didn't have to demolish a rebuild a stand as we did, it was a quarter of what we spent.

They won't have a fancy Club Kildare lounge! Smile

TommyKeegan likes this post

Back to top Go down
MickosMen
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2024 2:51 am

TommyKeegan wrote:

When you consider the cost of a new stand build I think it probably makes sense. What I would say is we just don't have any need for a massive ground. Leinster finals and semis will always be forced into Croker until the likes of ourselves and Meath make a stand a refuse to play in there.

This ship has well and truly sailed but I think we have missed a massive opportunity not leaving the centre of Newbridge. It's not a pleasent place to get in or our of at the best times never mind for a full house intercounty game or a triple header club game. Don't get me wrong I'm delighted that the ground will be completed this year and I've said that if cut backs are needed in other areas to pay for it then so be it. That site must have been worth serious money. Imagine what we could have done with a greenfield site. Anyway no point dwelling on that.

TommyKeegan and Strangler like this post

Back to top Go down
newornowhere
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2024 5:02 pm

MickosMen wrote:
TommyKeegan wrote:

When you consider the cost of a new stand build I think it probably makes sense. What I would say is we just don't have any need for a massive ground. Leinster finals and semis will always be forced into Croker until the likes of ourselves and Meath make a stand a refuse to play in there.

This ship has well and truly sailed but I think we have missed a massive opportunity not leaving the centre of Newbridge. It's not a pleasent place to get in or our of at the best times never mind for a full house intercounty game or a triple header club game. Don't get me wrong I'm delighted that the ground will be completed this year and I've said that if cut backs are needed in other areas to pay for it then so be it. That site must have been worth serious money. Imagine what we could have done with a greenfield site. Anyway no point dwelling on that.  

I actually think keeping it in at conleths was the best decision kildare gaa made in years. The best county grounds from tullamore to Killarney are in the center of the town and creates an atmosphere around the town. No point in building a soulless entity like portlaoise .

Cilldara_2000, Moorefieldbhoy, lilysavage, Kildare98, jimmers, Gaa1928, Badger85 and like this post

Back to top Go down
MickosMen
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2024 5:59 am

newornowhere wrote:
MickosMen wrote:
TommyKeegan wrote:

I actually think keeping it in at conleths was the best decision kildare gaa made in years. The best county grounds from tullamore to Killarney are in the center of the town and creates an atmosphere around the town. No point in building a soulless entity like portlaoise .

I don't think so. It's grand if you are from Newbridge or have transport in. If you are coming from Leixlip or Celbridge or Maynooth its a pain in the hole. And I can see from the posters who have liked it where they are from Smile

lilywhites on tour likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 22 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

St Conleth's Park
Page 22 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22