Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Galway

Go down 
+21
Cilldara_2000
murof
white boy
Captain1928
Flamingo
Fizzer
OutTheGap
kickingking
topcat
Taibi
lilysavage
jimmers
Highball
Rex
SeamusMurphy
jj
bigball
kildaregaa365
parcel
TommyKeegan
Jimmy winning matches
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
white boy
Senior
Senior

Kildare v Galway  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway    Kildare v Galway  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 02, 2017 7:18 pm

Look lads we ain't Dublin. Look at this way if Dublin put out there 2 team they fancy there chances. If we can find 3 or 4 players out of this and remain competitive I be happy with that . You never know. P.s my friend you need a jolly now and again,When you following kildare the way the last 4 years have been
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway    Kildare v Galway  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 02, 2017 8:09 pm

I'm worried our B team might win and there will be a call to split us up like the Dubs...
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway    Kildare v Galway  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 02, 2017 9:04 pm

It's Connell, not O'Connell ...for the lads giving their views on today's midfielder☺..
Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway    Kildare v Galway  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 03, 2017 12:26 am

Some dive!
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway    Kildare v Galway  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 03, 2017 12:45 am

Rang the mammy to put a slice or two of humble pie in the oven at half time. Galway very poor in that half. Maybe they put their B team out to even things up?
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway    Kildare v Galway  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 03, 2017 2:01 am

Heroic effort from the Kildare lads. Thought Liam Healy and Mark Hyland were good. McNamara looked very nervous under the high ball but his distribution was good. Peter Kelly's black card was a blessing in disguise, he looks to be finished at this level. Fionn Dowling mixed the sublime with the ridiculous, he needs to be more consistent. Pascal Connell was very disappointing, he never imposed himself on the game at all. Callaghan was lively. Ben McCormack is unmarkable (is this even a word?) given the right supply of ball. Cathal McNally's not good enough at this level.

Galway were dreadful, surprised to see how defensive they were. I think a few on here including myself overestimated them. Shane Walsh is their only player of note.

A poor game made even worse by the referee's interpretation of the black card. Fionn Dowling was clothes lined in the first half while trying to drive forward with the ball. Yellow given, total cop out.

Plenty of positives to take from the game overall, the work rate and the fact that we fought 'til the 74th minute were encouraging.

Huge risk next week with Kevin Feely one black card away from missing the first round of the championship. Was full sure he was going to take one near the end today but I suppose it's hard to deny him a final in Croke Park.

Hard luck to Laois, gutted for them.
Back to top Go down
white boy
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway    Kildare v Galway  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 03, 2017 2:24 am

Well sum up. That was the story don't know what to make of Galway Shane walsh the danger man .our full back line. Done well for the weak link we taught roll on next Sunday we seen what Galway are about hopefully the don't know fully what we like with full team . Happy enough
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway    Kildare v Galway  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 03, 2017 4:07 am

Should be a decent crowd for next Sunday and the Dublin v Kerry bonus aswell.
Back to top Go down
learmus
Intermediate
Intermediate
learmus

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway    Kildare v Galway  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 03, 2017 6:11 am

Delighted with the performance today, ashamed to say I thought I was very smart getting Galway -4 at evens earlier in the week. Large slice of humble pie for me but I'll happily take it. Thought there was some very encouraging performances from a number of players including Liam Healy and Mark Hyland, David Hyland showed good leadership when he came on while Ben McCormack was very good also. Really looking forward to next week, it was my first time seeing Galway this year but they didn't impress me at all, apart from Shane Walsh. Any chance they were just doing enough to win that game without showing their true hand?
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway    Kildare v Galway  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 03, 2017 6:18 am

Ok I'm feeling a little ambivalent about that today. We could have won we could have lost by more. We did some really good things and then some really stupid things.

Firstly the team out there today gave there all which was great to see so that is one of the main things supporters look for. They probably had never played together so it was never going to be fluid.
the backs did quite well but we did have a bit of a soft center and the no.11 for Galway Walsh I think made hay there when he got the chance. Kelly and Bolton struggled with the pace a bit but it was their first starts. Shea Ryan did well and the full back line were comfortable enough.

Midfield struggled to get possession. Connell didn't really get to the tilt of the game and Fionn for all his good work, missed a couple of frees and hit some terrible passes which they scored off. If he hit a bit of consistency and played with the head up a bit he would be a great asset. Dropped a shot short at the end to draw.

Up front Mc Cormack caused them all sorts of problems without getting the return he deserved. Should have hit 1-2 or 1-3 easily. Really looking forward to see him in Croke Park. Unfortunately after that we struggled. Hartley did trojan work but never looked like scoring, same with Kavanagh. McNally frustrates me. Makes so many good runs and works hard but then follows up with a terrible wide or a poor pass. A corner forward he is not. Leper was Leper, scored a lovely point but didn't really have much influence.

It was only when we brought on the cavalry that we started to motor. It was no surprise we hit four in a row after Feely and Niall Kelly came on. Feely started to effect midfield and Kelly's ability to win his ball and turn the man is wondrous. Paul Cribbin was the poorest of the subs. Kicked three hail mary wides when we were on top.

Galway were no great shakes, maybe like us last week they were nervous and tightened up but nothing in their team would worry me for next week when we have a full crew. We have the advantage. We have seen their main threats and how they like to play, while keeping our powder dry. Roll on Next Sunday, should be a decent game.

Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway    Kildare v Galway  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 03, 2017 8:11 am

Happily wrong on this occasion. Good effort by all concerned.

Match report:

http://kildaregaa365.com/index.php/humble-pie-for-us-as-kildare-b-almost-shock-tribe-galway-0-14-kildare-0-13/
Back to top Go down
Captain1928
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway    Kildare v Galway  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 03, 2017 8:17 am

Delighted with that performance today, albeit a loss. A one point loss to a near full strength Galway side, after 14 changes ourselves. Mark Hyland put in a great shift, as did his namesake David when he came on. Looking forward to a good match next Sunday.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway    Kildare v Galway  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 03, 2017 11:52 am

Have to say I thought beforehand, like KG365, that fielding a second XV was a mistake, and would have preferred a mix of regulars and lads getting a chance.
But I was pleasantly surprised and think we got a lot out of the exercise. Competition for places will be fiercer now, I thought Liam Healy looked like he has the right stuff to eventually fit in at this level, and Maguire and Mark Hyland didn't let us down either. I know Dowling made some mistakes but the stuff he got right, like some of his foot passing, was a joy to watch and I think he's pushing Moolick hard for that midfield spot.
Even the lads who didn't do great at least worked hard and were enthusiastic. A good day at the office and with better shooting we would have pinched it.
Back to top Go down
bigball
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway    Kildare v Galway  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 03, 2017 10:23 pm

Fionn dowling or Moolick. Its a nice headache for o neill to have. Tommy more consistent but fionn alot more mobile
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway    Kildare v Galway  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 03, 2017 11:07 pm

If everyone is fit for the championship I'd go with Moolick from the start and then bring Dowling off the bench when the game is looser in the second half.

I'd say both will start next week with Flynn injured:

Donnellan, O'Grady, Hyland, Lyons, Byrne, Doyle, KCribbin, Moolick, Feely, Conway, Dowling, PCribbin, Kelly, Healy, McCormack.
Back to top Go down
bag of white
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway    Kildare v Galway  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 03, 2017 11:42 pm

Fionn strikes me more as a wing forward than a midfielder but obviously he can do a good job there.

I thought the lads acquitted themselves very well yesterday, Liam Healy, Dowling, the Hylands and McCormack played well. Leper had a very slow start but played his way into the game, there are a few lads clearly not quite up to this level. Some of them were in the past, some of them will be in the future.

In terms of Galway I thought they were quite poor besides Shane Walsh and the wing back (Heaney I think). Walsh is some player, he has pace to burn and he will take watching next weekend in the wide open spaces of Croke Park.

Reading the media and online comments, Galway people seem to be happy with the result at the weekend. Most of them saying they should have won by more. That may have been the case but the reality is that they struggled to beat our 2nd team and in the end were lucky to get away with a narrow win.

There seems to be a bit of a disconnect in terms of how teams like Kildare and Galway are reported on in the media and viewed by their own fans. Today it's all about Galway being back where they belong in D1 and that they will challenge Mayo for Connacht etc. If the situation was reversed and we only beat Galways 2nd string by a point there would be a lot more doom and gloom amongst our fans and I think a more dismissive attitude in the media. Maybe I'm just paranoid.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway    Kildare v Galway  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 03, 2017 11:49 pm

bag of white wrote:
Fionn strikes me more as a wing forward than a midfielder but obviously he can do a good job there.

I thought the lads acquitted themselves very well yesterday, Liam Healy, Dowling, the Hylands and McCormack played well. Leper had a very slow start but played his way into the game, there are a few lads clearly not quite up to this level. Some of them were in the past, some of them will be in the future.

In terms of Galway I thought they were quite poor besides Shane Walsh and the wing back (Heaney I think). Walsh is some player, he has pace to burn and he will take watching next weekend in the wide open spaces of Croke Park.

Reading the media and online comments, Galway people seem to be happy with the result at the weekend. Most of them saying they should have won by more. That may have been the case but the reality is that they struggled to beat our 2nd team and in the end were lucky to get away with a narrow win.

There seems to be a bit of a disconnect in terms of how teams like Kildare and Galway are reported on in the media and viewed by their own fans. Today it's all about Galway being back where they belong in D1 and that they will challenge Mayo for Connacht etc. If the situation was reversed and we only beat Galways 2nd string by a point there would be a lot more doom and gloom amongst our fans and I think a more dismissive attitude in the media. Maybe I'm just paranoid.

I suppose Galway are Connacht champions, have won an All-Ireland U21 recently and have much more of a recent history of All-Ireland success at senior level. And the commentary on Kildare's promotion came last week.

I can't comment on the highlighted part of the statement because I'll be ate.
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway    Kildare v Galway  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 04, 2017 5:50 am

A slice of humble pie for me as well as I thought it was a mistake to make so many changes and thought we might get well beaten but I was delighted to see such a brave performance by the team. It shows there is good work being done on the training ground and there is good spirit in the panel. Strangely enough after running Galway so close, nobody apart from Fionn Dowling and Ben McCormack really stood out as being ready to come into the team just now.

Galway didn't look great yesterday but there's a chance that they could cut loose now that the pressure is off. Looking forward to the final.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway    Kildare v Galway  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 04, 2017 6:52 am

Agree that not too many stood out apart from Dowling but a decent overall performance given lineup. We still get opened up by deep runners . That pacy Galway forward line will be a real test in Croke Park. 3 from 3 at home ; 2 from 4 away and two one point defeats. Promoted by Week 6. Been a very good league for us.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway    Kildare v Galway  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 04, 2017 10:02 am

thought Dowling Healy ben and Leper were best cases to put hand up for inclusion next week. You'd imagine Ben will def come in if they are happy with the hammer and with Dan Flynn missing Fionn will go again.

Great performance galway, Walsh apart appeared to be crippled with fear. Maybe next week they will be s bit more relaxed and play a bit more in what is essentially a high profile challenge game.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway    Kildare v Galway  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 04, 2017 11:48 am

JohnnyC wrote:
Strangely enough after running Galway so close, nobody apart from Fionn Dowling and Ben McCormack really stood out as being ready to come into the team just now.

You're right, none of the others did enough to demand a starting place, but what I thought was great is that no one looked completely out of their depth, and that's reassuring should we get a few injuries or black cards in a tight championship game.

For example, if we had to throw Liam Healy in in the middle of a big game because we got a couple of black cards, I would have faith in him to do a decent job, based on what we saw.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway    Kildare v Galway  - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Galway
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3