Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Armagh

Go down 
+53
whiteknight
Sam1928
lilywhites on tour
Ois
Dinny Breen
Xavi
Cilldara_2000
SamMaguire
lillyboy
Fizzer
intheback
Borderline
kelf
Ohtoohtobe
moatesports
smokey
CaymanAbĂș
MD
centreback
Westside
KILL BILL
Onhisboot
steviegenius
TommyKeegan
Ogie
jj
shoutitout
OutTheGap
jimmers
Horsebox
lilysavage
Goff28
bigball
Taibi
sarsno1
Kildare98
Rex
Caprea
Gaa1928
Hang sangich
kickingking
Captain1928
Highball
flourman
Flamingo
kildaregaa365
topcat
Shergar
totalgaa
SeamusMurphy
murof
Big Full Back
Jimmy winning matches
57 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

Kildare v Armagh  - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 28, 2017 12:27 pm

jj wrote:
Hyland out to centre back with Peter Kelly in full back anyone?

That's the rumour doing the rounds anyway.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 28, 2017 12:29 pm

Hmm... Not unopposed. Would get more aggression into the back line. No Cribbin though, although obviously he's a brilliant option off the bench then.
Back to top Go down
MD
All-Star
All-Star
MD

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 28, 2017 12:35 pm

Jury's still out for me on Peter, obviously had a horrible run of injuries. Never really saw him recapture the 2010 form since but love to see him prove me wrong tomorrow. Im a bundle of optimism right now Laughing Laughing.

Would personally go for, Conway to 6 and Cribbin into half forward line. Would also love to fit Ben Mc in somewhere but who would you take out?
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 28, 2017 12:57 pm

I suppose Cian is thinking if I move Conway back then it gives the impression he does not trust those who might come in. Kelly looked decent in the small bit of game time he has got. Cian has always said its a strong panel, if he fails to use it the other players might get disgruntled.

Still would love to see Cribbin in there. Is there a option to move Kelly into corner forward instead of Cotzy and bring Paul in to half forward. Tough on McNally but he struggled the last day and we bring Kelly more into the game and allow him to move around Brophy and Flynn.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 28, 2017 3:00 pm

Cribbin over McNally for me if Conway not going back to 6. Can see logic of P Kelly coming in I guess and Hyland probably better suited to CB than FB.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 28, 2017 3:14 pm

Strong chatter about how hard Ben Mc is pushing... A lot of these calls will be hard but O'Neill has made them already by making calls like Cotzy and Slatterry coming in.
He could equally give a lad the chip if needs be. The name you built up doesn't seem as important.
Tough calls are his job, but he is seeing everything in Hawkfield. Decent debate on how many lads have a fair chance of coming in shows that we have a panel.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 28, 2017 3:48 pm

Yeah we have a very strong panel with a lot of options, which is a great problem to have. Outside of Doyle, to me the two biggest questions are do we start Cribbin and McCormack?

McNally is good and has been in great form this year, but McCormack has the potential to be an absolute five-star inside forward. This might be an evening where he tears it up and really announces himself in championship football... Also we have the advantage of Armagh not seeing him in a sustained way in Leinster campaign.

Again, great problems to have.
Back to top Go down
MD
All-Star
All-Star
MD

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 28, 2017 3:53 pm

It is just me or is it worrying how fancied we are? This kind of talk doesnt suit us.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 28, 2017 4:02 pm

It doesn't matter what anyone thinks or writes. I could say we are certain to win by 10 points or lose by 10 points. It makes not a blind bit of difference. The players are the ones who can affect the result. I have full faith in Cian, Roli and Ends to have their heads right. Everything else is just background noise.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 28, 2017 4:04 pm

Not just you MD, I think qualifier football suits McGeeney and some teams improve greatly with a run of games.
.Doyle is a huge loss in the way he protects the fb line. Whoever starts at 6 has to be able to do similar or we could leak goals like the old days.
If we don't concede goals we will outscore them.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 28, 2017 4:15 pm

Rex wrote:
It doesn't matter what anyone thinks or writes. I could say we are certain to win by 10 points or lose by 10 points. It makes not a blind bit of difference. The players are the ones who can affect the result. I have full faith in Cian, Roli and Ends to have their heads right. Everything else is just background noise.

Rex speaketh the truth.

So anyway - are we naming a team for this game or what?! Maybe the boys running scared of encountering Geezer again!
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 28, 2017 4:50 pm

Ethan Rafferty and Anto Duffy are back in the Armagh starting line-up for Saturday's All-Ireland SFC Round 4B qualifier against Kildare at Croke Park.

Both players are named in the half-forward line in what is the first ever championship meeting between the counties.

Armagh: B Hughes; J Morgan, C Vernon, P Hughes; M Shields, B Donaghy, A Forker; S Sheridan, N Grimley; E Rafferty, A Duffy, R Grugan; J Clarke, A Murnin, G McParland.
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 28, 2017 5:04 pm

Peter Kelly for Eoin Doyle the only change
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 28, 2017 5:05 pm

Let the debate commence... Team...

Donnellan

O'Grady
Hyland
Lyons

P Kelly
J Byrne
K Cribbin

K Feely
Moolick

Conway
N Kelly
Slattery

Brophy
D Flynn
McNally
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 28, 2017 5:06 pm

So - should we take it Hyland goes to centre back and Kelly goes to FB?
Back to top Go down
CaymanAbĂș
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 28, 2017 5:10 pm

Yes, I'd expect so. May have been harsh to make any further changes, but I wouldn't object to seeing Cribbin start tomorrow.

Otherwise nice to have Ben Mc as an option off the bench.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 28, 2017 5:14 pm

I could be wrong about this... But I don't O'Neill ever names dummy teams, not in terms of positional switches - although he hardly ever does that either - but in terms of personnel.

I actually find it very refreshing... Ger Loughnane started it off 20 years ago and most of the time they are a load of bullshit tbh. Managers trying to make themselves look clever.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 28, 2017 5:24 pm

Not what I was expecting. But Cian likes to keep a settled team as much as possible. Cribbin and McCormack are big players to be able to bring on. Calm and optimistic about tomorrow night. Unfortunately a friend had the audacity to book his wedding tomorrow afternoon so it will be a TV job for me. Hopefully I'm back on the road next weekend.

Cill Dara Abu.
Back to top Go down
smokey
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 28, 2017 6:01 pm

If Hylo goes to 6 I reckon Mick o Grady will go to 3
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 28, 2017 6:40 pm

A few saying that to sit Ollie or Keith on Clarke would be a waste of their burst forward which might see P Kelly being the man to shadow him.
Then smokey's call with Hyland CB dropping in with O'Grady to FB. P Kelly as a corner back who will follow (beat the ribs off) Clarke who will float from corner forward...

I really hope P Kelly makes up for lost time and gets back to where he was. If he can then that would be a huge boost.
Love to see Ben Mc and P Cribbin make statements of intent from the bench too.

I fully believe in this group and I think we will win by 5.

Back to top Go down
Shergar
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 28, 2017 7:01 pm

A couple of late changes expected on the OurMa team with Duffy being replaced by a defender and Brendan Donagh playing as sweeper. Think we won't see much of the new positive OurMa tomorrow (at least not in the first half).
Back to top Go down
moatesports
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 28, 2017 7:16 pm

Good move I think not making too many changes we have a good bench I believe that armagh will play as direct as possible push up on kickouts and will try to hit forward line with quick ball we need to complete for breaking ball better than last game with dubs Kildare have more scoring power so this is a must win game
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 29, 2017 6:09 am

Agree Flamingo, I'd be delighted for Kelly if he can get back to his brilliant best, both from a Kildare persepective and from his own personal perspective!!
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 29, 2017 6:50 am

Hearing there will be a couple of changes to the announced team before throw in!
Back to top Go down
bigball
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 29, 2017 8:24 am

Come on the lillies! Thinking (hoping) we should have too much for these lads
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Armagh
Page 6 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next