Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Armagh

Go down 
+53
whiteknight
Sam1928
lilywhites on tour
Ois
Dinny Breen
Xavi
Cilldara_2000
SamMaguire
lillyboy
Fizzer
intheback
Borderline
kelf
Ohtoohtobe
moatesports
smokey
CaymanAbú
MD
centreback
Westside
KILL BILL
Onhisboot
steviegenius
TommyKeegan
Ogie
jj
shoutitout
OutTheGap
jimmers
Horsebox
lilysavage
Goff28
bigball
Taibi
sarsno1
Kildare98
Rex
Caprea
Gaa1928
Hang sangich
kickingking
Captain1928
Highball
flourman
Flamingo
kildaregaa365
topcat
Shergar
totalgaa
SeamusMurphy
murof
Big Full Back
Jimmy winning matches
57 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Armagh  Empty
PostSubject: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 17, 2017 8:24 pm

Kildare v Armagh on July 29 no time or venue Yet

Live Sky Sports

Winners play Tyrone in Quarter final on August 5

Kildare 4/5 draw 15/2 Armagh 5/4

Kildare (-1) 11/10 draw (-1)8/1 Armagh (+1) 10/11
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

Kildare v Armagh  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 17, 2017 11:05 pm

I see we have appealed the black card ban for Feely, probably more in hope than anything but everyone knows the GAA bans are never that cast iron. He'll be a terrible loss and has become the heartbeat of the team in a very short time.
If he and Doyle miss the game then we will have to shuffle the pack a bit. Conway back to no.6, Dowling into Midfield, Cribbin to the half Forwards and a toss up between McNally and McCormack.

Donnellan
O'Grady Hyland Lyons
Byrne Conway Cribbin
Moolick Dowling
Cribbin Kelly Slattery
Brophy Flynn McCormack

Plenty of scores in that forward line, with pace and power. Midfield is a bit weak but Dowling has done ok there and Tommy's lack of pace won't be as exposed. Back six looks ok with Conway playing a more natural position.

We need big improvements from Moolick and Kelly who are both under a little pressure I would think.

If they play at pace and intensity they should have enough over Armagh who won't be bringing in Brogan or McMenamin. We scored 1-17 against Dublin we should be targeting the same against Armagh. Don't think they have the scoring power to rack up enough.
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

Kildare v Armagh  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 17, 2017 11:40 pm

Would Dr. Hyde Park be a selected for Sat. week. New pitch and refurb of the venue. Even slightly wider than Croke Park. Cavan is also a possibility.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Armagh  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 18, 2017 12:05 am

Think a lot of people don't realise how much more difficult it's going to be without Feely and Doyle. It won't take Armagh long to cop on that we have no freetaker and a lot less options for for our goalie.
Expect them to push up on our kick outs and foul a lot near goal. Management will need to think this one out really well this week.
Any news on Neil Flynns injury?
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Armagh  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 18, 2017 12:12 am

murof wrote:
Think a lot of people don't realise how much more difficult it's going to be without Feely and Doyle. It won't take Armagh long to cop on that we have no freetaker and a lot less options for for our goalie.
Expect them to push up on our kick outs and foul a lot near goal. Management will need to think this one out really well this week.
hamstring
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

Kildare v Armagh  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 18, 2017 12:39 am

The good news - outside of Kerry, Tyrone and Mayo, I don't think any other team in the country is going to get within 15-20 points of Dublin (Carlow result duly noted, although I think we can now see that as a subdued performance rather than a serious slump).

The bad news - no Feely or Doyle.

That's the team I'd go for Rex. This might seem a bit harsh, but I wonder is there a case for dropping Kelly and bringing him as an impact sub in second half. If he is picked, well - he's going to be man-marked again and he needs to be ready for it.

If he's getting no change from his marker, he needs to start dropping deeper, running at people and picking out good passes. I was thinking afterwards how our full forward didn't get great service - then I remembered Kelly had gone AWOL (again).
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Armagh  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 18, 2017 12:40 am

Big Full Back wrote:
Would Dr. Hyde Park be a selected for Sat. week. New pitch and refurb of the venue. Even slightly wider than Croke Park. Cavan is also a possibility.

Why would they go there to Hyde Park? .. itd be an awful trek outa the way.
Navan or Parnell park are the obvious choices.
Back to top Go down
totalgaa
Senior
Senior

Kildare v Armagh  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 18, 2017 12:48 am

Croke Park it is double header, another horrible choice by the GAA expect a crowd of approx 15 thousand lost in the venue. What a chance missed to promote our game with another saturday evening fixture at a packed venue, brainless...............
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

Kildare v Armagh  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 18, 2017 12:53 am

Totalgaa I know where you're coming from – but tbh I'm relieved as it's handy to get to!
Back to top Go down

Kildare v Armagh  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 18, 2017 12:54 am

I'm happy in a way with Croke Park, despite the obvious better atmosphere in some where like Navan or Cavan. We need to start winning big games there. Something we probably have not done since Derry in 2011 qualifiers and even at that they were just coming of the back of a licking v Donegal in Ulster final. Lets start winning in Croke Park again!!
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

Kildare v Armagh  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 18, 2017 1:08 am

Yeah, again to be positive about it, getting back to winning ways in Croker would be a boost.
Back to top Go down
Shergar
Intercounty
Intercounty

Kildare v Armagh  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 18, 2017 1:20 am

Agreed and I'd rather play Armagh on a more open pitch than Navan. Armagh will bring a good crowd with them so there'll be a decent atmosphere.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Armagh  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 18, 2017 1:22 am

I would echo the last two posts, if we are to become a genuine top 8 team and look to push on to top 4, Croke Park is where all the big games are played so we need to start winning there and no better time to start than Saturday week.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

Kildare v Armagh  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 18, 2017 1:57 am

Saturday at 7 in Croke Park, not sure whether I like that or have those hateful feelings about the place come back to the surface.

It is what it is and we'll have to get on with it. Probably suits our style a bit better and we will have had a game there already. No Feely or Doyle though is causing me palpitations. Doyle I think we could cope without but Kevin is a whole different ball game.

I'm hoping our world class lawyers are working away trying to find that usual loop hole.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

Kildare v Armagh  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 18, 2017 2:04 am

Who's the go-to "Lionel Hutz" in Kildare GAA!!
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

Kildare v Armagh  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 18, 2017 2:17 am

murof wrote:

If anyone saw Niall Grimley's performance on Sat they'll realise how big a loss Feely is. Serious talent.
Back to top Go down
bigball
Intercounty
Intercounty

Kildare v Armagh  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 18, 2017 2:58 am

I think Fionn dowling should be given a chance alongside Feely in midfield
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Armagh  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 18, 2017 4:28 am

I thought I posted already...but i think Conway at 6 causes least disruption with Dowling in the middle and Cribbin at 10. All those lads gave real game time under their belt too.
Grimley was class on Saturday but he is not Fenton or McCarthy or Kilkenny around the middle. I think the lads could cope.
Clarke was his also class but floated where he wanted. He isnt a big lump so Keith or Ollie could shadow him.
Quinlivan wasn't right at all on Saturday so that really blunted Tipp.
I think we should have enough but the lads need to keep their levels up. I'd say they are raging over yesterday and want to get it going again.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

Kildare v Armagh  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 18, 2017 5:17 am

One thing that just occurred to me – if Feely and Flynn are both out, who hits the frees? I actually don't have a clue...
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Armagh  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 18, 2017 5:31 am

Dowling from the hands if he starts? Or else Donnellan wanders up...
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

Kildare v Armagh  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 18, 2017 8:47 am

Brophy knocked one over and could do so again I'd imagine. You'd think Kelly from the hands could kick them too. Does Slattery take them for Confey?
Back to top Go down
bigball
Intercounty
Intercounty

Kildare v Armagh  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 18, 2017 9:40 am

No slats doesnt take for confey
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

Kildare v Armagh  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 18, 2017 9:53 am

Hmm... Interesting to see how that one pans out. Even without Feely and Doyle, the team Rex selected above is well capable of winning this. I know we're building but I still feel there's more in this team this year.

The key will getting them psychologically right, I think they will. Geezer, he's some man to get a team organised and committed but he's not my idea of a tactical mastermind. Particularly defensively, Armagh have been shambolic at times this year.

They have some quality players in attack, particularly Clarke, but - let's be realistic here - it's a drastic comedown from yesterday. Conway to fill the Doyle-sweeper role, Cribbin and Dowling to link the play in the midfield area - and let's just go at them. They are a mediocre Division 3 team at the end of the day (and indeed the start of it).
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

Kildare v Armagh  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 18, 2017 8:47 pm

Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Armagh  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 18, 2017 8:51 pm

According to the Irish Times Feely can challenge any of the black cards he has received this year and not just the last one. So let's hope they have good video angles on the other two games. All not lost yet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kildare v Armagh  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Armagh
Page 1 of 14Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next