Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Armagh

Go down 
+53
whiteknight
Sam1928
lilywhites on tour
Ois
Dinny Breen
Xavi
Cilldara_2000
SamMaguire
lillyboy
Fizzer
intheback
Borderline
kelf
Ohtoohtobe
moatesports
smokey
CaymanAbú
MD
centreback
Westside
KILL BILL
Onhisboot
steviegenius
TommyKeegan
Ogie
jj
shoutitout
OutTheGap
jimmers
Horsebox
lilysavage
Goff28
bigball
Taibi
sarsno1
Kildare98
Rex
Caprea
Gaa1928
Hang sangich
kickingking
Captain1928
Highball
flourman
Flamingo
kildaregaa365
topcat
Shergar
totalgaa
SeamusMurphy
murof
Big Full Back
Jimmy winning matches
57 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Armagh  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 18, 2017 9:07 pm

Is there a case to take the suspension now, hope we can beat Armagh without him, giving him clean slate for potential clashes with Tyrone and Dublin? He'd be a bigger loss against better opposition.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 18, 2017 9:29 pm

Fair point Flourman but with Doyle gone as well (presumably) we shouldn't underestimate the task v Armagh. They have momentum and (some of us think) a good manager who is going to be out to prove himself to his own county and our clubs/county board.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 18, 2017 9:45 pm

Yeah it is a fair point, but... Feely, he is a born leader, and he strikes me as the kind of guy who actually couldn't bear the thought of not being out there if at all possible. So if I had to guess, I think he himself would want to push it. Not that I have any special insight, obviously.
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 18, 2017 9:54 pm

I would be doing everything in our power to get this overturned if possible.

Worry about possible black cards in the future AFTER we get through the next match. Losing the two of these guys is a massive loss.

Arguably our two most important players at the moment and obviously our captain and vice captain.

Other counties would be going all out in the appeal process and we should too. The one against Dublin was very harsh and not convinced it was intentional (not that that matters). Not sure about video evidence for the other black cards but im sure there are strands of evidence that could be worked upon
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 18, 2017 10:02 pm

I didn't see the Dublin incident – what happened? I can't remembered what happened against Cork – goes to show what a grievous incident it was.

I honestly think the black card is a joke and it penalises smaller counties and developing sides like us much more than the top tier teams. Keegan's black card last year probably cost Mayo the All Ireland, it's ridiculous at this stage.
Back to top Go down
Captain1928
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 18, 2017 10:10 pm

I originally thought it was disappointing having this match in Croker, we all know how bad a hunting ground it's been for us in recent years, especially against the northern teams. Although in saying that, it'd be huge for us to win the next game in HQ and break the hoodoo, especially with a potential QF with Tyrone the following week. Would line out as Rex mentioned above and that team does look capable of winning it, but without Feely and the captain it's a much tougher task, no doubt.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 18, 2017 10:57 pm

As good as Feely was on Sunday and has been over the course of this season, I think Eoin Doyle is an even greater loss. He has been playing a very specific role this year and it takes a certain type of player to do that. Not every player is suited to being a sweeper and it will be interesting to see how we set up without Doyle. Conway played a similar role to Doyle back in 2014 against Monaghan and Johnny Byrne filled in against Roscommon in that challenge a few months ago.

Armagh looked decent against Tipperary. Their midfield dominated and they have a number of good forwards with Clarke being the talisman. It's a game Kildare can win but the absence of the two lads makes it very tricky. We are going to need to get more out of Niall Kelly. He was excellent against Galway playing closer to goal but has been quiet by his standards in the three championship games. I think there is a case to be made to play him off Brophy and see if he can do damage there.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 18, 2017 11:17 pm

Kildare now 4/7. Armagh 7/4. Draw 15/2.
Back to top Go down
Hang sangich
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 19, 2017 12:23 am

Anyone know the ruling on any further black cards Feely might receive this year? Is it a one game suspension for every one he gets now or does the three card rule come back into play?
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 19, 2017 12:35 am

SeamusMurphy wrote:
Kildare now 4/7. Armagh 7/4. Draw 15/2.

Don't like this hype about us. No 5 in country again according to the Indo - ahead of Donegal, Rossies, Galway, Monaghan. We've played one division one team all season, and lost by 9 points. If you regard Galway as Div 1 that's another defeat (I don't count Salthill).

Don't get me wrong I'm delighted with how we've progressed but some commentators are taking a giant leap regarding our status. I trust the players will stay measured and grounded with the help of the management team.

I think we've got one hell of a battle ahead on the 29th given our absences and if we get past that we've had a season beyond my expectations for sure. I wouldn't discounts is being very competitive with Tyrone either but again that will be a serious serious test and we should go in as huge underdogs again.

Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 19, 2017 12:43 am

I'm glad Kildare football has got a bit of respect back – Jesus even Joe Brolly saw positive aspects to our performance, which is virtually unprecedented.

But I know what you mean... Don't see any of it getting to the players tho tbh. I trust them.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 19, 2017 12:48 am

We are not 5th but there are so many teams at our level who are close to each other 5th or 8th is no real difference.

Dublin leading the way
Kerry trying to bridge the gap
Mayo probably hanging in there at 3 but looking like they are on a downward curve
Tyrone
Then all bets are off. Kildare, Galway, Roscommon, Donegal and Monaghan all vying to get up a rung of the ladder

If we can get over Armagh, I have no doubt we will give Tyrone their fill of it.

Anyone know when they will make a decision of Feely?
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 19, 2017 1:29 am

We've gone from a feelgood factor to a Feely-gone factor... I'll get me coat.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 19, 2017 1:46 am

Rex wrote:
We are not 5th but there are so many teams at our level who are close to each other 5th or 8th is no real difference.

Dublin leading the way
Kerry trying to bridge the gap
Mayo probably hanging in there at 3 but looking like they are on a downward curve
Tyrone
Then all bets are off. Kildare, Galway, Roscommon, Donegal and Monaghan all vying to get up a rung of the ladder

If we can get over Armagh, I have no doubt we will give Tyrone their fill of it.

Anyone know when they will make a decision of Feely?

All of those others have beaten Div 1 teams this season. We haven't. Let's judge at the end of the season but I'd acknowledge that I'd fancy us to have a real chance against anyone outside top 2 given a full deck to play with.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 19, 2017 2:27 am

Just looking a my post from Sept 2015, at last I have got something right,  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy

I have seen all Kildare footballers over the last 45 years or so and I have seen Feely on more then one occasion at senior club level ( championship ).

He most definitely has the potential to be an excellent senior inter county footballer and I would rate him easily in the top five players I have seen at club level in Kildare over the last 10 years.

I must add I have nothing to do with Athy G.F.C.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 19, 2017 3:22 am

I have been thinking about the Armagh game since yesterday and in the 'big picture' I feel that this game defines our season.

Win it, get into the last 8 and have a good go at Tyrone and we will have had a very good year.

If we are unlucky enough to lose it and I think it puts a 'damper' on the year in general, albeit with Division 1 football to look forward to next year.
Back to top Go down
Caprea
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 19, 2017 6:41 am

Frankly we would have to underperform badly not to beat Armagh. We are a cut above them. We won't win by loads but we deliver a performance we should win by 5.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 19, 2017 6:48 am

Was at the u17's this evening and Doyle was there with that many bandages on him even an Egyptian would be embarrassed. There is no way we'll see him again this year.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 19, 2017 7:14 am

Bummer re U17 result. In fairness it's the first time they've beaten us at underage in about 15 years so we'll let them have it.

Read Keith Cribbin's post-match interview earlier and it was encouraging. He just seemed like a guy who wanted to get back at it again. That's the attitude we need.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 19, 2017 9:29 pm

Its been a settled team thus far and I'd be inclined to keep changes to a minimum. If Feely and Doyle were both ok to play against Armagh I might look at leaving Kelly off given he hasn't really played to his level since Galway league final.

Conway back to 6. Fionn to middle and P Cribben into half forward line.
Wouldn't be opposed to either Peter Kelly or Shea Ryan coming in at 6 either and Paul straight into middle for Feely.
Back to top Go down
sarsno1
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 20, 2017 6:59 am

Shea Ryan in a 6 on his championship debut in croke pk ? good player but big mistake. most importantly position on the pitch.
Conway 6 , cribbin for feely , Ben in corner and cotsy out to wing forward .
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 20, 2017 7:17 am

Donnellan
Lyons
Hyland
O'Grady
Byrne
Conway
K Cribbin
P Cribbin
Moolick
Dowling
Kelly
Slattery
Brophy
Flynn
McNally

I think Dowling will have to start as he's the nearest thing we have to a free taker, although Paul Cribbin can hit them too as we've seen in the past.
Back to top Go down
bigball
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 20, 2017 10:01 pm

Peter kelly is the most suited to filling eoin doyle role imo
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 21, 2017 12:20 am

bigball wrote:
Peter kelly is the most suited to filling eoin doyle role imo

So then following on from P Kelly it´s P Cribbin for Feely and everything else as is?
I still prefer Conway option as he has far more minutes behind him. That being no slight on P Kelly who looks in the best shape he has been in years.
You forget that if he stayed free of injury, which badly hit his form there are years left in him still.
Back to top Go down
Goff28
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 21, 2017 12:28 am

When Kelly came on for Doyle against Dublin I think he went in corner back and Hyland swapped out to centre back.

I would go for Conway at 6 and leave Kelly as 1st back sub in case of injury or black card.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Armagh
Page 2 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next