Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Armagh

Go down 
+53
whiteknight
Sam1928
lilywhites on tour
Ois
Dinny Breen
Xavi
Cilldara_2000
SamMaguire
lillyboy
Fizzer
intheback
Borderline
kelf
Ohtoohtobe
moatesports
smokey
CaymanAbĂș
MD
centreback
Westside
KILL BILL
Onhisboot
steviegenius
TommyKeegan
Ogie
jj
shoutitout
OutTheGap
jimmers
Horsebox
lilysavage
Goff28
bigball
Taibi
sarsno1
Kildare98
Rex
Caprea
Gaa1928
Hang sangich
kickingking
Captain1928
Highball
flourman
Flamingo
kildaregaa365
topcat
Shergar
totalgaa
SeamusMurphy
murof
Big Full Back
Jimmy winning matches
57 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage

Kildare v Armagh  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 21, 2017 2:41 am

Funny, Conway being playing very well all year and if it wasn't for Doyles injury people probably calling for his head after his first under par performance. Meanwhile Kelly is 3 games without spark and no mention of him being dropped!
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 21, 2017 2:56 am

More posters critical of Kelly than Conway from what I can see. Think Conway was left on too long on Sunday when it wasn't going well for him especially as we had a good replacement in Cribben.
Who can we replace Kelly with that can do the job he is supposed to be doing?
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 21, 2017 3:09 am

Actually didn't think Kelly was that bad on Sunday. Got on the ball probably more than McNally who no longer seems to be in anyone's sights as he's getting some scores. You have to stick with someone of Kelly's class in my view (at least for one more game). I also didn't see too many having a go at Conway. He was due a bad game after the two years he's had.

Last edited by kildaregaa365 on Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 21, 2017 4:07 am

Bringing in Kelly will cause the least disruption in terms of player position. Personally I think we need Cribbing in the team in terms of pace and running power added to his ability to add to the score board. Whether we move Conway or not I hope he comes in.

Any word on Feely. It's Thursday now if it's not decided soon it looks like it will be a last minute job which will disrupt preparations.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 21, 2017 4:14 am

I think we had 3 days after getting notification of the suspension so that takes us to the week end. Then we have to wait for the hearing which presumably won't be until some day next week. So it will be last minute it seems.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 21, 2017 8:59 am

Think a good at 6 is exactly what Conway needs to get back at it. Probably expecthe too much of Kelly. He's 5 '9, doesn't have burst of pace to make up for it against the very best backs . That said he can do plenty of damage against 28/29 teams in Ireland. Armagh will suit him; he'll get that extra half yard he needs. Top class finisher when he gets bit of space. Thought he was good in second half on Sunday once game opened up a bit. Peter Kelly did well too when he got on. Much better than he's been for past couple of years.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 21, 2017 12:14 pm

It seems feely is ok to play as according to GAA Tweet his record is amended following CCC meeting.
Back to top Go down
Horsebox
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 21, 2017 5:30 pm

Great news! Looks like it was the black card against Clare that was amended not the Dublin one.
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 21, 2017 5:32 pm

Incredible boost for us if true especially given how far out from the game we are - wont disrupt prep too much. Any sources, links flamingo?
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 21, 2017 5:51 pm

He appealed Dublin and Clare cards. Won appeal on Clare card. Didn't appeal Cork card. Still has a further appeal available for the Dublin card.

Great news. Minimises changes needed now against Armagh.
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 21, 2017 5:54 pm

Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 21, 2017 6:16 pm

That's fantastic! Delighted from him and massive boost for the team. He's been a great leader for us this year and I'm a lot more confident for the Armagh game now.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 21, 2017 6:17 pm

Great News, massive boost. Only one position to fill. Can't see anything but Conway to 6 and cribbin to half forward.
Back to top Go down
shoutitout
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 21, 2017 6:30 pm

Brilliant news. Are we ruling out Doyle to early or has he definitely got no chance of playing???

Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 21, 2017 7:23 pm

[quote="shoutitout"]Brilliant news. Are we ruling out Doyle to early or has he definitely got no chance of playing???

Think we'll be doing well to see Eoin again unless we get to an AI Semi. Great news on Feely, a real boost to team and supporters
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 21, 2017 7:28 pm

Think you might be right JJ - Certainly Armagh will come too early. Might be able to play a limited part v Tyrone but I would imagine with a thumb op he would be minimum a month before a full recovery, im sure he will be able to work away and keep the fitness up though.

Fingers crossed no further injury concerns as its a real shame Neil Flynn hasn't seen championship game time given how well his KE career has started.

Conway to 6 with Flynn half forward seems the obvious and least disruptive move.

Brilliant news re Feely though lads, real boost for the next week. Jesus I really hope we smash this Croke Park hex and walk out of the place with a smile.
Back to top Go down
Caprea
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 21, 2017 7:30 pm

Seems like any black card awarded in a league game from division 2 down can be appealed as it won't have multiple tv cameras in the ground so will always be "unproven". I expect a lot these appeals will be successful and the rule is a farce.
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 21, 2017 7:42 pm

True Caprea - The rule is a joke to start with...

However, im surprised that the wording said the card was "unproven" - Surely the referees report and decision is the proof and the appellant would have to come up with evidence to show not guilty as opposed to the other way around which appears to be the case above..
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 21, 2017 7:45 pm

Highball wrote:
Think you might be right JJ - Certainly Armagh will come too early. Might be able to play a limited part v Tyrone but I would imagine with a thumb op he would be minimum a month before a full recovery, im sure he will be able to work away and keep the fitness up though.

Fingers crossed no further injury concerns as its a real shame Neil Flynn hasn't seen championship game time given how well his KE career has started.

Conway to 6 with Flynn half forward seems the obvious and least disruptive move.

Brilliant news re Feely though lads, real boost for the next week. Jesus I really hope we smash this Croke Park hex and walk out of the place with a smile.
armagh are know world beaters drew sligo and lost laois Tipperary in league and lost down in championship struggle to beat Westmeath few weeks ago beat Tipperary because not good last year . Kildare streets ahead in fitness .
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 21, 2017 8:12 pm

Obvious move is now Conway to 6 and Cribbin to 10. I'm not sure Cian sees Conway as a defender though? Even had him midfield at times last year. I've a sneaky feeling he'll go with P Kelly into corner, O'Grady to FB and Hyland to CB. And keep Cribbin on bench or leave out McNally, put N Kelly into 13 and bring in Paul. Good to have options. Ben may not be far off a start either.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 21, 2017 8:15 pm

Ps love the idea that Armagh won't be as fit as us. With McGeeney as manager I don't think that will be their downfall particularly with a qualifier run of regular games behind them (compared to our one game in a month). If we win it will be because we've better players. Even tactically I'm not convinced we'll be better as I wasn't blown away by any tactical innovations from us on Sunday. If anything the management team and players looked tactically naive. We've an awful habit of bigging ourselves up and diminishing the opposition on here. See league final v Galway for instance.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 21, 2017 8:52 pm

I don't know whether it will be fitness, tactics or better players but if at the start of the year you were given the option to play Armagh for a place in the last eight most would have grabbed the chance with both hands. We have scored heavily all year and even against Dublin we still got 1-17. I expect us to score at least 18 points especially as it's in Croke Park and probably a goal or two. Will Armagh have the fire power to match that if Clarke is man marked all game.

I also think at the moment we play the game at a pace that's not quite Div 1 but more than Div 2 which makes a huge difference.  Armagh will need to get to that pace, not sure you can do that straight out of the gate.

At the end of the day they will be physical and I expect cynical but I would be disappointed to say the least if we can't get over the line.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 21, 2017 9:14 pm

That's great news on Kevin and rightly so.. the sooner the power's get rid of the blasted thing the better.
Back to top Go down
totalgaa
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 21, 2017 9:26 pm

Just as a matter of interest is Kevin the only inter county player in Ireland to have received the 3 black cards in the one year. Cannot recall any other player been suspended because of the Black Card rule of 3 and your out.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 21, 2017 9:34 pm

totalgaa wrote:
Just as a matter of interest is Kevin the only inter county player in Ireland to have received the 3 black cards in the one year. Cannot recall any other player been suspended because of the Black Card rule of 3 and your out.
Down Kevin mckernan got one his black card overturned last night as well
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh    Kildare v Armagh  - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Armagh
Page 3 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next