Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

dubs v rest of leinster

Go down 
+13
White Bridge
Ohtoohtobe
kelf
kickingking
Kildare98
Flamingo
SeamusMurphy
TommyKeegan
Taibi
murof
Caprea
BangItWide
moatesports
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
moatesports
All-Star
All-Star

dubs v rest of leinster  Empty
PostSubject: dubs v rest of leinster    dubs v rest of leinster  Icon_minitimeThu Aug 31, 2017 6:57 am

dubs so far ahead of the rest its getting serious here is a question name any player in the rest of leinster who would get on the dublin team even their panel ?
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
BangItWide
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: dubs v rest of leinster    dubs v rest of leinster  Icon_minitimeThu Aug 31, 2017 7:09 am

Honestly, i dont think anyone would get in their first 24 say. Thats how far ahead they are
Back to top Go down
Caprea
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: dubs v rest of leinster    dubs v rest of leinster  Icon_minitimeThu Aug 31, 2017 7:16 am

Johnny Doyle would get in Smile
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: dubs v rest of leinster    dubs v rest of leinster  Icon_minitimeThu Aug 31, 2017 7:58 am

Feely more than held his own against them this year. Eoin Doyle would not be out of place either. Let's not dismiss our own so easily.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: dubs v rest of leinster    dubs v rest of leinster  Icon_minitimeThu Aug 31, 2017 9:57 am

How many in Ireland would get in the Dublin team?

Lee Keegan - pre his dropping v Rossies, totally curbed the momentum he built up, shocking call from Rochford.

Colm Boyle - My POTY. Warrior who can play a bit too.

Paul Murphy - Very underrated player. Versatile and very intelligent with and without the ball.

James O'Donoghue - Best forward in the country when fully fit.

Peter Harte - Can defend and score, massive engine too.

Honestly can't think of any more. Dublin are light-years ahead of the rest. I think they'll hammer Mayo in the final, sadly.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: dubs v rest of leinster    dubs v rest of leinster  Icon_minitimeThu Aug 31, 2017 12:29 pm

Conor McManus? For me perhaps the best forward in the country given he plays in a team with two attackers and is usually treble-teamed with little support. Wins own ball, has skill to make space and can finish.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: dubs v rest of leinster    dubs v rest of leinster  Icon_minitimeThu Aug 31, 2017 9:27 pm

Michael Murphy would be on any Team.
Paul Murphy and Paul Geaney would also.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: dubs v rest of leinster    dubs v rest of leinster  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 01, 2017 5:46 am

murof wrote:
Feely more than held his own against them this year. Eoin Doyle would not be out of place either. Let's not dismiss our own so easily.

Agree here Murof. Playing against their full 20 will see most individual players look poorer than they are.
I know when Pat Gilroy was involved in Interpros he loved Eoin Doyle and he would push hard minimum for starting 15.
Also if the Dubs had Feely they would have him in the middle with Fenton. That would be a serious unit. Plus Kilkenny and McCarthy would go back to their respective positions.
I am stretching here, and it is very much hearsay but chatting to lads with decent connections to the Dubs and they tend to genuinely worry about Paddy Brophy.

As Murof said we are looking at some of our best when they are backs to the wall against a serious team. I think the Dubs would happily take Doyle and Feely off our hands.
They could also do something with Dan Flynn given his power and pace.

Nationally then you have the big guns like Aidan O'Shea and Murphy, but I honestly think AOS would not suit the Dubs.
James O'Donoghue and Geaney would surely be welcome mind.
Peter Harte and Mattie Donnelly would also give them something.
McManus would match the frees from Rock and he would do a lot more from open play.
I would say Gavin wouldn't mind having Keegan, Boyle or Higgins either!

If you look at the team there are some like Scully, Fitzsimons, Mannion, Lowndes, Daly, Rock and O'Gara who are not awesome individuals but perform really well in that team.
Not saying they are not class, but I would like to think that if we threw in some of our lads on to that team they would perform.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: dubs v rest of leinster    dubs v rest of leinster  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 01, 2017 10:24 pm

Maybe we should compile a rest of Ireland Team on here.
Back to top Go down
moatesports
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: dubs v rest of leinster    dubs v rest of leinster  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 02, 2017 1:46 am

i do not think Dublin players individually are way ahead of say 5 or 6 of the Kildare team but their work rate , physicality , use of the ball , kickouts , patience ,way ahead of the rest i would bet they as a team cover more ground in a game than most by a long way .they have perfected a system that works for them dont forget Kildare put the highest score on them so far this year
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: dubs v rest of leinster    dubs v rest of leinster  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 02, 2017 1:54 am

Leinster - Feely, that's it.

Rest of Ireland for me is a different story... I do think Mayo have better backs and midfield than Dubs, whereas, Dubs have better goalkeeper and forwards... Why it's been so close between them past couple of years. Also I would take a full forward line of O'Donoghue, Geaney and McManus over Dubs' full forward line. Basically, if you had Mayo's backs and Kerry's forwards you'd be on a winner.

I thought it was kind of shocking how bad Kerry's backs were this year. All teak tough, hard tackling types but no football in them. Badly missing the O Ses and O'Mahony tbh. What they wouldn't give for a Seamus Moynihan at this stage.

I was thinking last night, I think there's a serious case for putting Keegan on O'Callaghan in final. But if Connolly starts it throws that up the air. O'Callaghan has become a key figure for Dubs though, no question. My rest of Ireland team...

Clarke

Harrison
Vaughan
Higgins

Keegan
Boyle
Durcan

Feely
Parsons

Mark McHugh
Michael Murphy
Peter Harte

O'Donoghue
Geaney
McManus

I'm probably being unfair on Cillian O'Connor, Andy Moran and Aidan O'Shea as well but in the interest of spreading it a bit!
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: dubs v rest of leinster    dubs v rest of leinster  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 02, 2017 2:58 am

A rest of Ireland team, think I'd go something like this. Personal choice obviously.

Niall Morgan

Keith Higgins           Chris Barrett       Killian Young

Lee Keegan                                        Colm Boyle
                                Michael Murphy  

Tom Parsons              Colm Cavanagh

Aidan O'Shea  

Michael Quinlavan                      Cillian O'Connor

Paul Geaney     Gary Brennan   Conor McManus
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: dubs v rest of leinster    dubs v rest of leinster  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 02, 2017 4:35 am

PS If I was going rest of Leinster would have something like this. The fact I can't think of a worthy full-back across 10 counties is maybe a tad troubling.

Mark Donnellan

Donnacha Tobin              ?                 Ollie Lyons

Eoin Doyle          Michael Quinn      Donal Keogan

John Heslin
                     Kevin Feely          Brendan Murphy

Daniel Flynn          Niall Kelly            Graham Reilly

Paddy Brophy         Ryan Burns
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: dubs v rest of leinster    dubs v rest of leinster  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 02, 2017 4:53 am

Timmons from Laois is a decent full back but has had his injuries. I'd take Tobin out, move Keoghan to the corner and put Peter Cunningham in the half back line. I'd find space for Donie Kingston somewhere too.

There are good footballers in every county but no one is likely to get close to the sheer depth of talent that Dublin in the years ahead. Kildare have plenty of lads who can hold their own against the best, the trouble is, we don't have enough of them and they don't do it consistently enough. If one of the Dublin forwards is playing poorly they can bring in the likes of Brogan, Costello and McManamon. If Niall Kelly is having a poor day we don't have that quality of replacement and lads can get stuck in a bit of a comfort zone.
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: dubs v rest of leinster    dubs v rest of leinster  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 04, 2017 9:03 am

Taibi wrote:

Lee Keegan - pre his dropping v Rossies, totally curbed the momentum he built up, shocking call from Rochford.

Was it not that Keegan has spent a lot of the week prior in hospital with cellulitis and 100% rather than being dropped ??
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: dubs v rest of leinster    dubs v rest of leinster  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 04, 2017 4:47 pm

Jaysus Tommy, Tobin one of the best corner backs in Leinster, are you on drugs?
Back to top Go down
White Bridge
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: dubs v rest of leinster    dubs v rest of leinster  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 04, 2017 6:20 pm

Ohtoohtobe wrote:

I would say the same about Ollie Lyons to be honest..........think he proved this year his best days are behind him at county level anyway
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: dubs v rest of leinster    dubs v rest of leinster  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 05, 2017 12:06 am

The issue is are there any/many better.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: dubs v rest of leinster    dubs v rest of leinster  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 05, 2017 12:44 am

I know Dublin are miles ahead but outside of Kildare, the standard in the rest of Leinster is deplorable. I've been following our minors and U21s this decade and outside of Dublin and Kildare, the quality of football is generally dreadful. I think what's happened in Meath and Offaly is a disgrace, and while Laois and Westmeath were never realistic All-Ireland contenders, they'd want to have a serious look at themselves too.

Even smaller counties like Wicklow used to produced brilliant club teams like Baltinglass and outstanding individuals like Kevin O'Brien - also now gone. Re defending, it seems to be a dying art. No one seems to have the combination of football intelligence and psychopathic tendencies you need... Our defending against Armagh was a joke. The world and his mother could have told you Clarke needed to be shut down but we rolled out the red carpet.

It's strange though because we are actually not that far off the top, by which I mean the group behind Dublin. Tyrone's blanket (Andrex tissue) defence is not fit for purpose, and Kerry's backs are useless. The one honourable exception are Mayo, who have the qualities previously mentioned and are also all leaders as well. Incredible to get a bunch of players like that.

We need to follow their example because if we don't we're going nowhere.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: dubs v rest of leinster    dubs v rest of leinster  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 05, 2017 12:52 am

And if you don't believe me, proof is in the pudding - only two underage titles this decade not won by Kildare or Dublin. Minor 2010 (which we would have won if we didn't have to play half an hour after beating Dubs) won by Longford and U21 2011 won by Wexford.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: dubs v rest of leinster    dubs v rest of leinster  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 05, 2017 7:16 pm

kelf wrote:
Taibi wrote:

Was it not that Keegan has spent a lot of the week prior in hospital with cellulitis and 100% rather than being dropped ??

It was kelf. Poor Rochford will be blamed for North Korea next.
Back to top Go down
Westside
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: dubs v rest of leinster    dubs v rest of leinster  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 14, 2017 9:54 pm

White Bridge wrote:
Ohtoohtobe wrote:

I would say the same about Ollie Lyons to be honest..........think he proved this year his best days are behind him at county level anyway

I think there's a couple of big years left in Ollie yet, dont forget how good he was throughout the year playing further out the field especially against Laois and Meath. It's a big ask to switch into the full back line having played as pretty much a half back the whole year.

Feeley, Dan Flynn, Conway and Ollie would push to get into the Dublin team ahead of McCarthy (at midfield), Flynn ahead of Andrews, Conway ahead of Scully, Ollie ahead of Fitzsimmons.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: dubs v rest of leinster    dubs v rest of leinster  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 15, 2017 9:59 am

Deluded.
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: dubs v rest of leinster    dubs v rest of leinster  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 15, 2017 9:49 pm

Westside wrote:
White Bridge wrote:
Ohtoohtobe wrote:

I think there's a couple of big years left in Ollie yet, dont forget how good he was throughout the year playing further out the field especially against Laois and Meath. It's a big ask to switch into the full back line having played as pretty much a half back the whole year.

Feeley, Dan Flynn, Conway and Ollie would push to get into the Dublin team ahead of McCarthy (at midfield), Flynn ahead of Andrews, Conway ahead of Scully, Ollie ahead of Fitzsimmons.

Oh Jesus.
Are you for real.
Back to top Go down
sarsno1
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: dubs v rest of leinster    dubs v rest of leinster  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 15, 2017 11:14 pm

westside , your are seriously deluded . what games do you be watching
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: dubs v rest of leinster    dubs v rest of leinster  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

dubs v rest of leinster
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next