Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare Player of the Decade(s)

Go down 
+17
Taibi
Fear An Geata
LillieLad
OutTheGap
Jimmy winning matches
Flamingo
lilywhites on tour
Rex
Highball
Kildare98
steviegenius
murof
Botch
jim
Cilldara_2000
jobluts
kildaregaa365
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

Kildare Player of the Decade(s) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare Player of the Decade(s)   Kildare Player of the Decade(s) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 01, 2018 2:53 am

Poll still has 5 days to run Flamingo but yeah I agree with the overall sentiment. Thought it would be close enough between the two of them.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Player of the Decade(s)   Kildare Player of the Decade(s) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 06, 2018 5:11 am

Week 4 has just been launched and we're back to the 1980's..

Read More here: http://kildaregaa365.com/index.php/kildare-player-of-the-80s-have-your-say/

Vote on Twitter: @kildaregaa365

https://twitter.com/kildaregaa365/status/949341401975869440
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Player of the Decade(s)   Kildare Player of the Decade(s) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2018 9:26 pm

Quite surprised how this one is going. I’ll be honest I’d have thought it would be a straight fight between O’Donoghue and Crofton but instead it looks like Sos v Tompkins both of whom only played half of that decade. May be two factors at play: infiltration by the Reds (from down south as opposed to the Russians) and age profile of Twitter followers who might not remember the other two battening down the hatches when Kildare were under regular attack. But sure what do I know (and I don’t get a vote). Would have been Paddy for me all day long.
Back to top Go down
bigball
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Player of the Decade(s)   Kildare Player of the Decade(s) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2018 9:39 pm

How can anyone vote for tompkins? He ditched kildare when it suited him
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Player of the Decade(s)   Kildare Player of the Decade(s) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 08, 2018 9:32 pm

I voted O Donoghue and could not believe it then when I saw him lagging in the votes !!

A(nother!) tough decade for Kildare support and I think 365 when it gets to the final, the winner of this decade wont be in the mix .
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Player of the Decade(s)   Kildare Player of the Decade(s) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 09, 2018 1:50 am

Overall it will come down to just two players Johnny Doyle and Glen Ryan best of luck choosing between those two..
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Player of the Decade(s)   Kildare Player of the Decade(s) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 09, 2018 5:19 am

bigball wrote:
How can anyone vote for tompkins? He ditched kildare when it suited him

How can anyone not vote for Tompkins? Kildare ditched him when it suited them.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Player of the Decade(s)   Kildare Player of the Decade(s) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 09, 2018 8:35 am

I voted for O'Donoghue aswell. Can't believe Tompkins was so high. Definitely some Cork lads messing there.

As for overall, there can be only one and for me it's Glenn Ryan. J.D will always be a legend and one of our greatest footballers but Glenn was well Glenn Ryan.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Player of the Decade(s)   Kildare Player of the Decade(s) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2018 4:42 am

1960's poll now running over on Twitter.

@kildaregaa365

Pat Dunny currently leading the way from Pa Connolly, Mick Carolyn and Jack Donnelly.

Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Player of the Decade(s)   Kildare Player of the Decade(s) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 26, 2018 5:38 pm

Final day of the 1960’s poll and Pat Dunny is out ahead on 40% from Pa Connolly on 23% and Jack Donnelly on 21%.

There’ll be an eliminator poll over the week end between the two lowest scoring winners in order to narrow it down to the 4 finalists that Twitter’s limitation of 4 lines for a poll dictates.

Currently Dunny is squeezing directly into the final as Carew and Dowling both only scored 39% and will therefore have to “play off”.

The final will take place from Monday.

Johnny and Glen are definitely in the final.
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Player of the Decade(s)   Kildare Player of the Decade(s) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 26, 2018 6:21 pm

And I imagine it will boil down to a shoot out between those two in the end 365.. Dermot probably a bit unlucky to have come up against them !

You wonder how we would have fared in 98 with a prime JD and in 2010 with a prime GR... Certainly would have pushed us close ! : )
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Player of the Decade(s)   Kildare Player of the Decade(s) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2018 12:39 am

Dunny now on 39% which makes it a straight tie with Carew & Dowling for the last 2 final places. Could be a three-way eliminator.

Who'd be an administrator?

Might need to go to the CCCC for a ruling here.

8 hours left in 1960's vote.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Player of the Decade(s)   Kildare Player of the Decade(s) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2018 9:05 am

For feck’s sake - Dunny on 39% as well as the winner of the 1960’s poll.

Three way eliminator to get down to the last 4 coming up over the week end.

It’s nearly as complicated as the UEFA Nations League.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Player of the Decade(s)   Kildare Player of the Decade(s) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2018 6:47 pm

Final poll now running with the remaining big 4 ‘Decade’ winners. Looking for our Player of the Half Century 1960-2009.

Carew, Dowling, Doyle or Ryan?

Vote on @kildaregaa365 on Twitter

Runs until next Sat morning
Back to top Go down
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star
lilywhites on tour

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Player of the Decade(s)   Kildare Player of the Decade(s) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2018 8:51 pm

Can we include the immortal Larry Stanley? On that, are you going back for a poll on the 20's despite none of us on here were around in those golden days?!
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Player of the Decade(s)   Kildare Player of the Decade(s) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2018 4:55 am

No why what would be the point of that?

I already pushed it too far including the '60s.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Player of the Decade(s)   Kildare Player of the Decade(s) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2018 3:52 am

JD the clear winner in the end.

Cian should go cap in hand and get him in for the frees next week by the sounds of it.
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Player of the Decade(s)   Kildare Player of the Decade(s) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2018 5:11 am

Thanks for running the poll, nice distraction for the long month of January
Back to top Go down
moatesports
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Player of the Decade(s)   Kildare Player of the Decade(s) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2018 5:32 am

glen ryan all day rainbow also a great
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Player of the Decade(s)   Kildare Player of the Decade(s) - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare Player of the Decade(s)
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3