Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lack of Umpires/Officials at Championship games

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Hurlerbehindtheditch
Senior
Senior

Lack of Umpires/Officials at Championship games Empty
PostSubject: Lack of Umpires/Officials at Championship games   Lack of Umpires/Officials at Championship games Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2018 2:04 am

The lack umpires/sideline officials at Hurling Championship games this year has been nothing but a disgrace.
On Monday night the Intermediate Hurling Championship semi finals took place in Hawkfield. The game we went to see was played on pitch 2. One referee and one linesman was the compliment of officials. I paid for my family at the gate and having to travelled to Hawkfield, the least you could expect is not to asked to do umpire or run the line. To make matters worse this saga was also repeated on pitch 1 for the other semi final. The icing on the cake is then that the scoreboard was not working despite being turned on. When are Kildare County Board going to treat players and supporters with the respect they deserve.

PS I have already umpired at two championship games this year. Monday night is now the norm and not an isolated incident.
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Lack of Umpires/Officials at Championship games   Lack of Umpires/Officials at Championship games Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2018 2:34 am

Apparently its going to get worse, referees are in short supply as well. The club scene relies on volunteers which are becoming scarce too. I know this from my own club because if the old reliable's are not available its next to impossible to get some else to step in. The general response is '' I'm here to watch the match why don't you get someone else'' the someone else they usually says the same thing.
Back to top Go down
intheback
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Lack of Umpires/Officials at Championship games   Lack of Umpires/Officials at Championship games Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2018 4:04 pm

I have no problem doing umpire.

The real problem is the brain dead morons shouting at you.
Back to top Go down
fatherted
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Lack of Umpires/Officials at Championship games   Lack of Umpires/Officials at Championship games Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2018 10:54 pm

Was at a championship semi final recently. A player from both sides were shown a straight red for an off the ball altercation late on spotted by the official linesman. At the end of the match one of the lads who was carded caused an absolute riot. Two weeks later he took his place in the starting 15 after overturning his red card. Who in their right mind would want to be an official ?
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Lack of Umpires/Officials at Championship games   Lack of Umpires/Officials at Championship games Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2018 7:18 am

Spot on fatherted. That says it all
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lack of Umpires/Officials at Championship games   Lack of Umpires/Officials at Championship games Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lack of Umpires/Officials at Championship games
Page 1 of 1