Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Armagh

Go down 
+27
Flamingo
Lanemusic
white boy
KILL BILL
OutTheGap
Caprea
Gaa1928
TommyKeegan
micky murphy
intheback
jim
FearBan
lomond
moatesports
Ogie
topcat
Shergar
flourman
lilywhites on tour
jj
murof
kickingking
maccie
Liffey Likes
Rex
Curraghplains
Kildare98
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
moatesports
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Armagh - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh   Kildare v Armagh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2019 8:48 pm

This is time a few new names put their hands up as we have no choice but to introduce new faces
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
FearBan
Intercounty
Intercounty
FearBan

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh   Kildare v Armagh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2019 10:04 pm

HauntedGraffiti wrote:

Fake news. He was MOTM for Maynooth over weekend. Do not tell me he couldn't have played a part against Armagh - particularly when we're crippled with injuries and suspensions.

He's either in the squad or he's not. You can't just keep him for one game...

This is like groundhog day. Successive managers have struggled to get the best out of Fogarty because of a myriad of reasons. Injury, in fairness, being the most prevalent. The lad has obviously not made the impression necessary.

On Division 2, it always has been and always will be a bitch of a division. All teams are of a similar standard, especially when winter conditions act as a great leveler.

Every game will be a proverbial dogfight, starting on Sunday. A win of any kind and I'll be happy. We really are starting the year on the back foot with all the absentees so it's hard to know even what team O'Neill will go with, not to mind how we will set up.

At a time like this, you lose the chance to experiment with your tried and trusted lads but there will be some in the squad that will be thrown in at the deep end without any armbands. For that reason, ye may forget switching our full back with our centerback or other fanciful ideas like that. It's unfortunate because you want to be coming into a new campaign like this with all your plans set out and know exactly what is happening for the next block of weeks. It's next to impossible to expect Cian to have this in place at this stage. I fear the first few weeks may be a case of scrambling to get results by any means necessary.

I think if ever there was a good opportunity for the likes of Slattery and O'Flaherty, this is it.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh   Kildare v Armagh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2019 10:34 pm

We are going to be missing the 3 Flynns, Brophy and O'Grady from last years starting 15. It's likely that they will be replaced by Kelly, Murray/O'Donoghue, Slattery, Hyland and O'Flaherty imo.
Would that significantly weaken the team? It's likely that any of the U20's will only feature as subs but would like to see Barrett and Masterson appear at some stage. Any experimentation will probably have to wait until the later games of the league. Unfortunate to be facing such a tough opener with the injuries we have.
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh   Kildare v Armagh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2019 12:33 am

Paddy Brophy played 15 minutes for Maynooth on Sunday so he's not injured which is good news
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh   Kildare v Armagh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2019 1:55 am

HauntedGraffiti wrote:
Ogie wrote:
HauntedGraffiti wrote:
Why the hell is everyone debating Hyland’s fitness? Of course he’s fit - he & Podge Fogarty tormented Queens over the weekend.

There is NO WAY Fogarty should have been dropped. What the hell is O’Neill playing at? He drives me up the wall sometimes.

When did he drop him? Off the squad? When he could barely walk so severe was his back injury? Did him a huge favour I would venture to allow him get it right.

Fake news. He was MOTM for Maynooth over weekend. Do not tell me he couldn't have played a part against Armagh - particularly when we're crippled with injuries and suspensions.

hahaha, I'm so far removed from the scene I didn't even realise he wasn't on the squad for the league. My apologies.
Back to top Go down
intheback
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh   Kildare v Armagh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2019 8:42 pm

Players probably being flogged like dead horses. Hence the defections/injuries.

When is the GAA going to wake up and realise that there is no point in having players on the sidelines.
Back to top Go down
FearBan
Intercounty
Intercounty
FearBan

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh   Kildare v Armagh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2019 10:12 pm

intheback wrote:
Players probably being flogged like dead horses. Hence the defections/injuries.

When is the GAA going to wake up and realise that there is no point in having players on the sidelines.

This is your third post complaining about management's handling of the squad this year. 2 posts intimating that lads are being run into the ground and picking up injuries because of the training and another saying lads are dropping off the panel because they're not getting game time.

Where are you getting this information? What is the issue with training that you see? Too much running? Gym work?

I'd be interested to get your angle on this.

What do you mean there is no point having players on the sidelines? What's you answer to panel members not getting game time?
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh   Kildare v Armagh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2019 4:09 am

Lets hope the lads are up for it and we get a win and a good show, will be great test Armagh looked fit and strong for this time of year against Tyrone last week and personally I think they would have got great value out of that game and definitely more than whatever challenge game we had.....
Looking forward to it.....
Back to top Go down
moatesports
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh   Kildare v Armagh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2019 5:01 am

armagh and tyrone like to out muscle each other its a real next door neighbour battle zone type game where kildare will hope to run them with more finess than muscle let the games begin .
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh   Kildare v Armagh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2019 8:23 am

Despite absences, going to choose to believe we can do this. Think we might have a big part to play. We have to roar them on passionately. I know I will be. Once more unto the breech etc. Team...

Donnellan

Dempsey
D Hyland
M Hyland

Murray
Doyle
K Cribbin

Feely
Conway

Hartley
Tyrrell
O’Flaherty

Slattery
McCormack
J Hyland
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh   Kildare v Armagh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2019 8:31 am

No Paul Cribben or Moolick?
Back to top Go down
Curraghplains
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh   Kildare v Armagh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2019 8:40 am

Cribbin groin injury
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh   Kildare v Armagh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2019 1:50 pm

HauntedGraffiti wrote:
Despite absences, going to choose to believe we can do this. Think we might have a big part to play. We have to roar them on passionately. I know I will be. Once more unto the breech etc. Team...

Donnellan

Dempsey
D Hyland
M Hyland

Murray
Doyle
K Cribbin

Feely
Conway

Hartley
Tyrrell
O’Flaherty

Slattery
McCormack
J Hyland

Tyrell not a CF..
Worried on that selection HG .
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh   Kildare v Armagh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2019 9:20 pm

Not sure.... think Armagh could steamroll us... hope strong ref
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh   Kildare v Armagh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2019 9:42 pm

Irish News on Thursday said that Jamie Clarke, Brendan Donaghy, Aidan Forker and Mark Shields all likely out. Three of four since named to start but McGeeney may be playing games.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh   Kildare v Armagh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2019 11:16 pm

I'd worry about that full back line. Also the forward line looks a lot weaker without the 2 Flynn's and Cribben. Going to be a huge challenge to win this one.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh   Kildare v Armagh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2019 3:56 am

I am hoping that the freshness and youth playing in the forwards will not be 'bullied' and Kildare win by 5.
Back to top Go down
lomond
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh   Kildare v Armagh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2019 5:24 am

I worry about the forwards....I cant see us scoring heavily. I hope I am wrong
Back to top Go down
Shergar
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh   Kildare v Armagh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2019 8:08 pm

You would have to be mad to expect us to win when you look at the 2 ream lists. Feels like the Down league game in 2010 when we were missing a good few and copped a hammering. Will have to wait until the second half of the league to understand where we are at. Hoping for the best and the younger players do themselves justice.
Back to top Go down
Caprea
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh   Kildare v Armagh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2019 9:29 pm

No one knows why jack Robinson wasn’t involved at all with the seniors this season?
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh   Kildare v Armagh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2019 4:01 am

Considering we were missing so many players, lost Kevin Feely after 5 minutes and were 5 points down in the 2nd half, I thought we did very well to get a draw. We rode our luck at times as Armagh missed a lot of chances but showed great fighting spirit to come back.

Our full back line was cut open a few times but I thought they stuck to their task well. Eoin Doyle and Keith Cribbin played well, driving forward at every opportunity. I was surprised Aaron Masterson didn’t start and wasn’t brought on when Feely came off. I thought he did well when he came on.

Conor Hartley worked hard and got 2 nice scores. Adam Tyrell did well in the first half with some nice kick passes but faded after the break. Ben McCormack showed very well even though the ball didn’t always stick. He got a couple of nice points and won the free at the end. Jimmy Hyland showed great bottle with that last free off his left foot. It will take him a while to get used to the pace off the game at this level.

We’ve lost close games like this over the past couple of years so it’s good to get the draw. We should improve when we get some of our unavailable players back.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh   Kildare v Armagh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2019 5:27 am

Decent result considering. We ground it out and were clinical when it mattered. We would have lost that game last year by a point. To go behind wuth injury time up tgen work it up the field to get the equaliser showed bottle and clear minds. Great to see.

Now all was not rosy by any means. We gave away some possession in cheap ways. Particularly for their goal. We had a free kick which we rushed, kicked it away which they then countered on. We also left the attacker 1 on 1 with no cover. Our kick outs I thought were poor. No plan from what I could see. We went long on numerous occasions when we should have been more accurate and deliberate.

I hope with the other players coming back that we kick on. We were missing a lot today and Feely went off after 7 or 8 minutes, which showed how well we did. Looking at Cork they are not what they were and we should be looking to put them under as much pressure as possible.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh   Kildare v Armagh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2019 5:28 am

That could be a valuable point before the spring is out. We showed our inexperience at times but you couldn't fault the workrate of our players. They stuck at it and we salvaged something.

O'Grady and Neil Flynn back next week, hopefully Feely will be good to go and possibly Peter Kelly and Healy.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh   Kildare v Armagh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2019 6:00 am

Good point to win but down to Armagh prolifigacy more than anything. Our laborious build up was awful to watch compared to the speed of Armagh.
I know Dowling scored 2 points but it's hard to believe he is bought on before Moolick and Masterson. McCormack was good as was Hartley and Hyland. Full back line very exposed at times but Doyle and Cribben got through a power of work.
Cork is a must win now but with a few players back I would be confident.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh   Kildare v Armagh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2019 7:04 am

We were missing - deep breath - the TMH contingent, Feely, K Flynn, Brophy, O’Grady & N Flynn.

The key ingredient for Armagh is Clarke - they simply aren’t the same team without him - and despite having him onboard and countless chances to kill the game, they still couldn’t beat us.

Huge shifts from Doyle & Slattery, but the key players for Kildare were Masterson & Jimmy Hyland.

Masterson was MOTM. He came on when we were five adrift - when I honestly thought we were beaten - and he deliberately, PURPOSEFULLY put himself in the middle of the action. This guy is barely out of his teens, making his senior debut - and he’s already leading the team. As for the point he kicked from the middle of the field... forget about it.

Similarly, Jimmy Hyland’s two frees to seal the draw - forget about it.

The main question for this squad - as it has been for the past few years - is psychological. Do they want to be just another team or they want to achieve greatness?

If it’s the latter - once we get everyone back onboard, let’s fucking bury everyone else in this division.

Starting with Cork next week.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh   Kildare v Armagh - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Armagh
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next